|January 9th, 2013, 09:24 AM||#1|
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
Join Date: 12-25-05
Location: WMU Kzoo Mi / Livonia, MI
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
What web browser do you use? PC
I've always used Chrome...however, I notice in task manager it will have 4 or 5 Chrome listed all taking up a good chunk of memory.
Really runs slow here on campus.
I just installed Firefox and it runs much quicker.
So, what do you use?
|January 9th, 2013, 10:39 AM||#10|
Catch the wave
Join Date: 11-08-05
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Firefox at work and Home, with a few extensions, samples below:
• Adblock+ - ad/script blocker
• Flashblock - blocks auto-play youtube in various forums, as well as the annoying flash advertisements that tend to autoplay
• FlashGot - similar to the other download helpers - multiple options sometimes is helpful
• Ghostery - ad/script blocker
• IEView - sometimes IE is needed, if in a hurry can open a new tab and view IE encapsulated within firefox instead of opening a separate session
• NoScript - ad/script blocker
• PixlrGrabber <-- great for screen grabbing, or "printing" pages when they have various chicanery trying to prevent you from doing so
• StumbleUpon - yeah, sometimes a diversion is necessary - I use it also sometimes to "bookmark" useful sites so I can easily access them from elsewhere
|January 9th, 2013, 03:49 PM||#16|
Join Date: 07-02-07
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Chrome very intentionally uses a process per tab to do its thing. This way if a tab crashes, the rest of the browser is still usable. With how much Flash crashes, this is quite useful.
|January 9th, 2013, 04:30 PM||#18|
The Green Machine
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sterling Heights
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
With those add-ins it sounds like you got yourself a pretty robust porn browser.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|