Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #101
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 23,334
iTrader: (12)
Move.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #102
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,155
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy_E View Post
I didn't say I agree with him or thats its legal I saaid I can see where he coming from.
x2

Contact a lawyer, see if you have a case. The police were called to your house less than 2 weeks prior to you applying for a purchase permit, I am not surprised at all that he denied your request.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #103
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,067
iTrader: (6)
THE SHERIFF DID NOT DENY HIM.

The NICS background check system denied him. The sheriff saying he will continue to deny even if NICS approves him is BS, I agree. But the NICS people see his address being associated with a felon, or someone with warrants, you WILL be denied. They can't add laws to who is eligible for purchase, BUT they have to follow CURRENT laws to do not allow firearms in a home where a felon resides.

Fucking get over it already.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #104
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 9,365
iTrader: (5)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post
THE SHERIFF DID NOT DENY HIM.

The NICS background check system denied him. The sheriff saying he will continue to deny even if NICS approves him is BS, I agree. But the NICS people see his address being associated with a felon, or someone with warrants, you WILL be denied. They can't add laws to who is eligible for purchase, BUT they have to follow CURRENT laws to do not allow firearms in a home where a felon resides.

Fucking get over it already.
His brother isn't a Felon, How Can NICS see he is a felon, if he hasn't been convicted? Innocent until proven guilty.
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 430k
-A Metric Butt ton of three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1983 Nighthawk 650
-1969 F250 Highboy built 360
booblinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #105
jeepinRRT
Senior Member
 
jeepinRRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-13-08
Location: Grand Rapids,MI
Posts: 3,621
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeviltj View Post
Someone I know was late in applying after taking the class and has to retake the class.
Someone you know was hosed. The class certificate does not expire and there is no time limit to apply in the statute. Some counties like to make up their own rules, sorry.
jeepinRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #106
jeepinRRT
Senior Member
 
jeepinRRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-13-08
Location: Grand Rapids,MI
Posts: 3,621
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
One year from the date on your certificate.
Wrong, but this is what is commonly spewed by county officials not following state law.
jeepinRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #107
94transam25th
Senior Member
 
94transam25th's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-07
Location: Utica/MI
Posts: 757
iTrader: (1)
Update: After the new law passed allowing FFL's to issue purchase permits I went to Gander Mountain and bought a handgun. No problems there at all the guy working there even commented on how fast it came back approved. As for my brother his charges were all dropped and now doesn't have anything on his record.

Now for the fun part I get to go to the Utica Police Station to turn in the two registration slips to the chief

Mericaaaaa'
94transam25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #108
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,014
iTrader: (10)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
IByou'rearrestedfordisobayingalawenforcementoffici al
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #109
Easy_E
Web Wheeler !
 
Easy_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-07
Location: St Johns Mi
Posts: 956
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94transam25th View Post
Update: After the new law passed allowing FFL's to issue purchase permits I went to Gander Mountain and bought a handgun. No problems there at all the guy working there even commented on how fast it came back approved. As for my brother his charges were all dropped and now doesn't have anything on his record.

Now for the fun part I get to go to the Utica Police Station to turn in the two registration slips to the chief

Mericaaaaa'
Mail them for your own good. Congrates on the new pistol and lock them around your brother !
Easy_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #110
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 9,365
iTrader: (5)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_e View Post
mail them for your own good. Congrates on the new pistol and lock them around your brother !
x2
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 430k
-A Metric Butt ton of three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1983 Nighthawk 650
-1969 F250 Highboy built 360
booblinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #111
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,067
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94transam25th View Post
No problems there at all the guy working there even commented on how fast it came back approved
No he didnt.. lol

He read off all the information to the NICS person, and then he or she said "Your NTN number is blahblahblah, you may proceed." Those happen 90% of the time and none are quicker or slower than others. If it took anymore than 2 minutes for him to call, then you were about to be delayed or denied again.

Sounds like youre just fluffing your story to make you look more right about what happened.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #112
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,875
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94transam25th View Post
Update: After the new law passed allowing FFL's to issue purchase permits I went to Gander Mountain and bought a handgun. No problems there at all the guy working there even commented on how fast it came back approved. As for my brother his charges were all dropped and now doesn't have anything on his record.

Now for the fun part I get to go to the Utica Police Station to turn in the two registration slips to the chief

Mericaaaaa'
Ouch...how much did you overpay?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #113
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,704
iTrader: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94transam25th View Post
Update:
Now for the fun part I get to go to the Utica Police Station to turn in the two registration slips to the chief

Mericaaaaa'
Why would you need to do that? The new law also eliminates your local dept. getting copies. You send one to the MSP address in Lansing and that was it.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #114
94transam25th
Senior Member
 
94transam25th's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-07
Location: Utica/MI
Posts: 757
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post
No he didnt.. lol

He read off all the information to the NICS person, and then he or she said "Your NTN number is blahblahblah, you may proceed." Those happen 90% of the time and none are quicker or slower than others. If it took anymore than 2 minutes for him to call, then you were about to be delayed or denied again.

Sounds like youre just fluffing your story to make you look more right about what happened.

I never saw him make a call. It looked like he typed it in the computer and printed off a sheet that said "Proceed" I may have missed him call but he really did comment on it being fast
94transam25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #115
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,067
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by booblinker View Post
His brother isn't a Felon, How Can NICS see he is a felon, if he hasn't been convicted? Innocent until proven guilty.
There are a lot of things that show up for the background checks that would not allow someone to buy a firearm. I have had people with living with someone with a warrant, or pending trial for a felony, be denied.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #116
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,067
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94transam25th View Post
I never saw him make a call. It looked like he typed it in the computer and printed off a sheet that said "Proceed" I may have missed him call but he really did comment on it being fast
Ahh ok, they are using the new system then. We haven't been able to continue into that until all of our guys have been trained on it.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.34845 seconds with 43 queries