Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 30th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #21
extremajoe
the man,myth,legend
 
extremajoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-29-10
Location: sturgisville
Posts: 661
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I know it's a long read, but VERY interesting!

This is by far the best explanation of the current Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. His references to past history are accurate and clear; not long; easy to understand; and well worth the read. The author of this email is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist. A man whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, and owned a number of large industries and estates.
When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism.
'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools.
So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'
We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the spectre of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.
The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history.
It is the fanatics who march.
It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide.
It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave.
It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honor-kill.
It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque.
It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals.
It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.
The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' in every atrocious chapter of history has been cowed and extraneous.
Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people.
The peaceful majority were irrelevant ...
China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.
The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.
And who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?
History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: T
he vocal minority always overwhelms the silent majority and, because of their silence, makes them irrelevant.
Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up because, like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.
Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.
As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts -- the fanatics who threaten our way of life.
Lastly, anyone who doubts that the issue is serious and just deletes this email without sending it on, is contributing to the passiveness that allows the problems to expand. So, extend yourself a bit and send this on and on and on! Let us hope that thousands, world-wide, read this and think about it, and send it on - before it's too late.
Now Islamic prayers have been introduced into Toronto and other public schools in Ontario, and, yes, in Ottawa too ... while the Lord's Prayer was removed (considered offensive). The Islamic way may be peaceful for the time being in our country until the fanatics move in.
And we are silent.
extremajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #22
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,352
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

That's a great piece on Islam terrorism; but how does this relate to this thread?
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #23
extremajoe
the man,myth,legend
 
extremajoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-29-10
Location: sturgisville
Posts: 661
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
That's a great piece on Islam terrorism; but how does this relate to this thread?
Islam terrorism= Muslim terrorism IMO
extremajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #24
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,352
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

OK, so how does that influence your decision to vote for Romney or Obama? Please tie your example back to your thesis...
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #25
mudinwhatever
Member
 
mudinwhatever's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-11
Location: muskegon,MI
Posts: 83
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

bahahahhahaha this is great like school children all over again
mudinwhatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #26
extremajoe
the man,myth,legend
 
extremajoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-29-10
Location: sturgisville
Posts: 661
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

If we don't speak up and take the Muslim out of office, this country is doomed!! And all of what we call freedom will be gone, and we will probably have to ask just to take a sh*t!
Maybe mitt is not the "best" choice, but he has got to be better than Obama
extremajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #27
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremajoe View Post
If we don't speak up and take the Muslim out of office, this country is doomed!! And all of what we call freedom will be gone, and we will probably have to ask just to take a sh*t!
Maybe mitt is not the "best" choice, but he has got to be better than Obama
The irony of your twisted logic would be funny if it wasn't so scary.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #28
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbchevy View Post
He's not Obama
That's been the problem with the last several presidential elections. People like you that choose someone just because he's not the guy in office.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #29
curbdog17
Party Animal
 
curbdog17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-10-08
Location: 49415
Posts: 31,587
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
That's been the problem with the last several presidential elections. People like you that choose someone just because he's not the guy in office.
Lets say today some guy punches you in the face, he tells to stop by tomorrow and he will do it again. Are you going to stop by tomorrow?
__________________
TD4?
curbdog17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #30
Zach4739
2005 Willys
 
Zach4739's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-11
Location: Livonia
Posts: 743
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbchevy View Post
He's not Obama
Zach4739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 12:51 AM   #31
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbdog17 View Post
Lets say today some guy punches you in the face, he tells to stop by tomorrow and he will do it again. Are you going to stop by tomorrow?
Maybe, if the alternative is going to a guy that won't say what he's going to do to me but I fear may be much worse.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:16 AM   #32
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,597
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
I did vote for Obama since he wasn't Bush.
do us all a favor! never vote again! please drink gallons of bleach!!
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:54 AM   #33
cj65
Senior Member
 
cj65's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: 48174
Posts: 3,744
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
do us all a favor! never vote again! please drink gallons of bleach!!
Aww come on you don't really mean it!
cj65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 06:42 AM   #34
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,939
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

For the life of me I don't understand why people are hardcore Obama supporters. I can possibly understand if you're undecided...maybe...and wanted to vote for Obama because you don't know what else to do.

But outright supporting Obama and everything he does? I don't get it.

The economy and other crap aside, the whole Libya thing should be the ONLY reason not to vote for Obama. We're the fucking USA. We don't apologize to other countries for being the land of the free. We don't WATCH other Americans die when all that was needed was one word to save them. Putting politics and a re-election in the way of saving ANY American lives is downright fucking despicable.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:22 AM   #35
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,738
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
That's been the problem with the last several presidential elections. People like you that choose someone just because he's not the guy in office.
Well if the guy in office wasn't a socialist (communist?) terrorist who was doing everything he could to destroy the basic foundation of our country then it would be a lot easier to choose someone who is "not obama"

I didn't vote for obama because he was "not bush", in fact, I don't think anyone voted for Obama because he was not bush......last I checked the last election no one on the ballot was "in office"

Prior to that, Bush won his second term defeating Kerry. So again, people actually re-elected the candidate who was IN office.

Prior to that, Bush defeated Al Gore, who was the vice president, but was not in the presidential office. So again, nobody voted for bush because he was "not the guy in office"

Prior to that in 1996 Bill Clinton was elected for a 2nd term. He didn't defeat the guy who was in office because he WAS the guy in office.

1992 Clinton defeats Bush, I mean, I guess if you want to go back 20 years your argument "might" hold some water....

Sorry Bruce, but you're a bit off on this one.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:23 AM   #36
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
For the life of me I don't understand why people are hardcore Obama supporters. I can possibly understand if you're undecided...maybe...and wanted to vote for Obama because you don't know what else to do.

But outright supporting Obama and everything he does? I don't get it.

The economy and other crap aside, the whole Libya thing should be the ONLY reason not to vote for Obama. We're the fucking USA. We don't apologize to other countries for being the land of the free. We don't WATCH other Americans die when all that was needed was one word to save them. Putting politics and a re-election in the way of saving ANY American lives is downright fucking despicable.
There's lots of "Monday morning quarterbacking" going on with the Libya incident. I'm not convinced that either side is telling the truth.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:24 AM   #37
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,738
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
That's the same thought I had about Bush. I voted for him the first time around. But the second time around I went with Kerry. I don't trust any of the politicians. But for some reasons the strike a nerve with me. Now I did vote for Obama since he wasn't Bush. But this year I'm not sure who to vote for.

Now for the guy that compared him to Snyder. I voted for Snyder and he is ok but I don't like how he is messing with the retiree's. They put in their time and deserve their retirement. Other than that I don't mind him. I'd like to see his bridge get built to screw up maddy's monopoly he has going on.
Thats good, because Bush wasn't on the Ballot against obama.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 08:12 AM   #38
SS
Such Majestic. Wow.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Bimini, Bahamas
Posts: 11,379
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
There's lots of "Monday morning quarterbacking" going on with the Libya incident. I'm not convinced that either side is telling the truth.
They could have saved them. Him and his administration ACTIVELY made sure that that help would NEVER arrive. A Navy Admiral and an Army General (both head commanders of CONSIDERABLE forces in that region) were both temporarily detained and promptly relieved of command for disregarding the stand down order to send in help.

Don't give me that "We don't send troops into harms way without knowing what we're dealing with" line of shit that came out of the Pentagon. That's a major part of our jobs in the armed forces.
__________________
-Jeremy

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 08:21 AM   #39
03hemisilver
Pres MI Dodgetruckworld
 
03hemisilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-22-07
Location: Northville, MI
Posts: 1,748
iTrader: (30)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
There's lots of "Monday morning quarterbacking" going on with the Libya incident. I'm not convinced that either side is telling the truth.
Are you saying 4 Americans didn't die? We should've had forces in there regardless!
__________________
80 CJ frame, YJ body, 304 cid, 4" lift, 35"s, 4.10's, locked, 8K winch, garage queen
2012 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew Ecoboost
03hemisilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 08:23 AM   #40
SS
Such Majestic. Wow.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Bimini, Bahamas
Posts: 11,379
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
There's lots of "Monday morning quarterbacking" going on with the Libya incident. I'm not convinced that either side is telling the truth.
Oh and Monday morning in relation to this was over a month and a half ago. A hell of a lot of information about this has come out (just not on MSNBC or CNN since if they covered it like the MSM is supposed to their beloved leader would be destroyed).
__________________
-Jeremy

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.25243 seconds with 50 queries