Obama IS NOT the First (or second...) Black President - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #1
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Obama IS NOT the First (or second...) Black President

Here is the lineup:

First, those who were "as black" as Obama:

Andrew Jackson - Black father and white mother. While he was President, his step-brothers (father's children) were slaves.

Calvin Coolidge - Black mother (who lived in the White House with his family for a time) and white father.

Dwight Eisenhower - White father and black mother.

Not "as black" (whatever that means) as Obama, but black enough for it to be an issue in their time:

Thomas Jefferson - His father was bi-racial (black and white) as was his mother (Native American/white).

Warren Harding - had a black great-grandfather. Tried to downplay it, but wouldn't deny it when pressed.

Unclear Group

Abraham Lincoln - Black father/white (possibly bi-racial) mother. Apparently Lincoln's father was tricked into believing Abe was his, when in fact his father was a slave on a nearby KY plantation. Lincoln's father was actually sterile from untreated childhood mumps. DNA testing on Lincoln's hair has confirmed this. He apparently looked pretty black in person, so much so that a political opponent labelled him "Abrahamus Africanus".

"So, What Does This Mean"

Nothing, really. I find it interesting to spin up all of the "I made history" Obama supporters. So. Obie is just the first "black-appearing" President, because there are others who just as "black".
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #2
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,780
iTrader: (43)
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Default

OMG noooooooo!
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #3
Bullhed78
Senior Member
 
Bullhed78's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-11-11
Location: Linden, MI
Posts: 887
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Very interesting if true. (Not calling you a liar, just don't know where your facts came from)
Bullhed78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #4
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,238
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullhed78 View Post
Very interesting if true. (Not calling you a liar, just don't know where your facts came from)
Have you seen how many posts he has? That in itself speaks volumes, if not google it.
I have seen and read his posts and I would have no reason to doubt what he posts.
Carry on.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #5
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullhed78 View Post
Very interesting if true. (Not calling you a liar, just don't know where your facts came from)
Various locations.

It highlights how race really wasn't as big a deal in our past as it is now.

Jefferson & Jackson were always pretty well-known. Eisenhower and Coolidge were the surprises. Lincoln led a screwed-up life.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #6
Elvis13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Addison Township, MI
Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Obama is not our President, he is America's savior.
Elvis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #7
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,238
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis13 View Post
Obama is not our President, he is America's savior.

You my friend are very delusional.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #8
stinkpickle
bitter clinger
 
stinkpickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: Millbury, OH
Posts: 1,210
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Here is the lineup:

First, those who were "as black" as Obama:

Andrew Jackson - Black father and white mother. While he was President, his step-brothers (father's children) were slaves.

Calvin Coolidge - Black mother (who lived in the White House with his family for a time) and white father.

Dwight Eisenhower - White father and black mother.

Not "as black" (whatever that means) as Obama, but black enough for it to be an issue in their time:

Thomas Jefferson - His father was bi-racial (black and white) as was his mother (Native American/white).

Warren Harding - had a black great-grandfather. Tried to downplay it, but wouldn't deny it when pressed.

Unclear Group

Abraham Lincoln - Black father/white (possibly bi-racial) mother. Apparently Lincoln's father was tricked into believing Abe was his, when in fact his father was a slave on a nearby KY plantation. Lincoln's father was actually sterile from untreated childhood mumps. DNA testing on Lincoln's hair has confirmed this. He apparently looked pretty black in person, so much so that a political opponent labelled him "Abrahamus Africanus".

"So, What Does This Mean"

Nothing, really. I find it interesting to spin up all of the "I made history" Obama supporters. So. Obie is just the first "black-appearing" President, because there are others who just as "black".
Hey, Hey! Dont forget William Jefferson Clinton! He was actually hailed as our first black prez. back in his term. http://www.salon.com/2002/02/21/clinton_88/
stinkpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #9
ckupq
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
 
ckupq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Posts: 3,426
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Here is the lineup:

First, those who were "as black" as Obama:

Andrew Jackson - Black father and white mother. While he was President, his step-brothers (father's children) were slaves.

Calvin Coolidge - Black mother (who lived in the White House with his family for a time) and white father.

Dwight Eisenhower - White father and black mother.

Not "as black" (whatever that means) as Obama, but black enough for it to be an issue in their time:

Thomas Jefferson - His father was bi-racial (black and white) as was his mother (Native American/white).

Warren Harding - had a black great-grandfather. Tried to downplay it, but wouldn't deny it when pressed.

Unclear Group

Abraham Lincoln - Black father/white (possibly bi-racial) mother. Apparently Lincoln's father was tricked into believing Abe was his, when in fact his father was a slave on a nearby KY plantation. Lincoln's father was actually sterile from untreated childhood mumps. DNA testing on Lincoln's hair has confirmed this. He apparently looked pretty black in person, so much so that a political opponent labelled him "Abrahamus Africanus".

"So, What Does This Mean"

Nothing, really. I find it interesting to spin up all of the "I made history" Obama supporters. So. Obie is just the first "black-appearing" President, because there are others who just as "black".
Holy shit Google is not your friend today is it.
ckupq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #10
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,108
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis13 View Post
Obama is not our President, he is America's savior.
The sarcasm is strong with this one.
__________________
-Jer

Fallen GL4x4 Member's Family in Need!!

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=301273

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #11
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckupq View Post
Holy shit Google is not your friend today is it.
?
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #12
ckupq
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
 
ckupq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Posts: 3,426
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
?

Google some of the more recent ones specifically Eisenhower an Coolidge. Their parents are whiter than rice on a paper plate in a snow storm.

Jackson step-father might have been black but his real father was potato Irish.

I didn't look into Jefferson too much, but I cold see those two being not white.

Didn't do Harding or Lincoln. I agree Lincoln is kinda fucked up.

That being said, being even half black back then was a death sentence in politics if not real life. I doubt some of it is real being they would have been way darker than bama and more than likely not have made it as far.
ckupq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #13
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,560
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Various locations.

It highlights how race really wasn't as big a deal in our past as it is now.

Jefferson & Jackson were always pretty well-known. Eisenhower and Coolidge were the surprises. Lincoln led a screwed-up life.
I'll settle for one. Post one reference that goes beyond rumor that any of the above are true.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #14
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,037
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Interesting. I never knew this.
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #15
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,108
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Interesting. I never knew this.
You might want to side with Brewmenn on this one.
__________________
-Jer

Fallen GL4x4 Member's Family in Need!!

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=301273

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #16
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: it's Tuesday so it must be Belguim
Posts: 3,341
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

its NOT about race. it's about leadership and what is best for us. do we maintain our american dream philosophy or do we end up wearing burlap bags for clothing and toiling in the fields to feed others [as per N. Korea, Russia, et al]?
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #17
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,799
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Have you seen how many posts he has? That in itself speaks volumes, if not google it.
I have seen and read his posts and I would have no reason to doubt what he posts.
Carry on.
The number of posts a person has prove the reliability of their post? You sir are a right wing sheep and proving it on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post

You my friend are very delusional.
You my friend are fucking retarded and suck at sarcasm.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #18
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,037
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
You might want to side with Brewmenn on this one.
I believe DuffMan over brewmenn. Sorry Bruce!

It's just not something I've paid attention to or cared what race or mixed race past presidents were.
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #19
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,560
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
I believe DuffMan over brewmenn. Sorry Bruce!
I have not made any claims that I'm asking anyone to believe.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #20
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 6,345
iTrader: (38)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
The number of posts a person has prove the reliability of their post? You sir are a right wing sheep and proving it on this one.

You my friend are fucking retarded and suck at sarcasm.
No shit. You would be one of the smartest people here.
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 1.70161 seconds with 80 queries