Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #121
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,336
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

My neighbor has a portable paintball business. He had an idea of using off road go carts as assault vehicles.

Did not work.

In his words:
"You can't hit shit from a moving vehicle!"
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #122
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,336
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojave01x2 View Post
The only reason one would get a CPL is to protect yourself in a situation just like this. Show it off or not but, somehow this guy HAS to be stopped!!!!!
See post#97
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
Not really.
But to clarify, let's assume a few things.....

1. You get a clear and positive ID of the shooter.

2. You get an accurate shot from one moving vehicle to another and incapacitate the shooter.

How do you keep now uncontrolled vehicle from hitting another motorist?
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #123
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 20,655
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojave01x2 View Post
The only reason one would get a CPL is to protect yourself in a situation just like this. Show it off or not but, somehow this guy HAS to be stopped!!!!!
Oh come on. It isn't like he's sticking a gun in your face and saying stickem up.

Instead, you are driving down the road with your pistol in it's holster (or your lap). Someone passes you going the other way and takes a shot at you as you pass. Just what in the world is your CPL and pistol going to do for you unless you turn around and give chase? The shot has already been taken and the shooter is already heading away from you. By the time you react, he's already several hundred feet from you.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #124
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee
 
Icemanii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48085
Posts: 5,233
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojave01x2 View Post
The only reason one would get a CPL is to protect yourself in a situation just like this. Show it off or not but, somehow this guy HAS to be stopped!!!!!
Seriously?? See Whiterhino reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Oh come on. It isn't like he's sticking a gun in your face and saying stickem up.

Instead, you are driving down the road with your pistol in it's holster (or your lap). Someone passes you going the other way and takes a shot at you as you pass. Just what in the world is your CPL and pistol going to do for you unless you turn around and give chase? The shot has already been taken and the shooter is already heading away from you. By the time you react, he's already several hundred feet from you.
Why do I feel that the area would now be more dangerous with the internet cowboys getting into the act.

yep, flinging a wild round over your shoulder from a moving vehicle at another moving vehicle in rush hour traffic while looking in your mirror. Don't see how that could possibly go wrong.
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #125
mojave01x2
Senior Member
 
mojave01x2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-08
Location: Hell Michigan
Posts: 1,022
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I was told in class that you have a right ot defend yourself but escape is better than a gunfight, anyday.
mojave01x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #126
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,336
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojave01x2 View Post
I was told in class that you have a right ot defend yourself but escape is better than a gunfight, anyday.
Backpedal....
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #127
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 3,159
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojave01x2 View Post
The only reason one would get a CPL is to protect yourself in a situation just like this. Show it off or not but, somehow this guy HAS to be stopped!!!!!
I disagree. It should be used as a last resort. I can't think of many situations where I would need to shoot out of a moving vehicle on the highway.
Jiveturkey3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #128
92FleXj
stacks stacked on stacks
 
92FleXj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-04-11
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Who ever said that he would be on the opposite side of the road as you? What if he was right next to you?
If I'm doing 70 and someone else is doing 70 I could very easily hit them. It may take a few and I'm sure some will miss. Maybe all will miss. But who's to say he has to be doing 70 the opposite way?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Know that pocket that forms behind your knee when you sit down?

I'ma fuck it. You're gonna like it too.
92FleXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #129
homerdogeo8
booger eatin' moron
 
homerdogeo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-08
Location: St Johns
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Reward is at $12k

http://www.freep.com/article/2012102...050/1001/rss01
homerdogeo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #130
92FleXj
stacks stacked on stacks
 
92FleXj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-04-11
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
I disagree. It should be used as a last resort. I can't think of many situations where I would need to shoot out of a moving vehicle on the highway.
That's your choice, you have a right to it and I respect it. However I do not have to fallow by your choices.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Know that pocket that forms behind your knee when you sit down?

I'ma fuck it. You're gonna like it too.
92FleXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #131
92FleXj
stacks stacked on stacks
 
92FleXj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-04-11
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92FleXj View Post
That's your choice, you have a right to it and I respect it. However I do not have to fallow by your choices.
I agree it should be a last choice.. But if your shooting at me than you just made it my last choice. Is rather be shot in the face than shot in the back. And yes we all can agree that none of us want to get shot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Know that pocket that forms behind your knee when you sit down?

I'ma fuck it. You're gonna like it too.
92FleXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #132
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee
 
Icemanii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48085
Posts: 5,233
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92FleXj View Post
Who ever said that he would be on the opposite side of the road as you? What if he was right next to you?
If I'm doing 70 and someone else is doing 70 I could very easily hit them. It may take a few and I'm sure some will miss. Maybe all will miss. But who's to say he has to be doing 70 the opposite way?
That right there is exactly why you don't take the shot. Random shots in the direction of innocent 3rd parties is in no way right. If you are not 100% sure of the shot, why would you even take it?
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #133
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 3,159
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

That's because you are ignorant. You have proved over and over on here that your knowledge of firearms and related topics is slim to none.
Jiveturkey3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #134
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 20,655
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92FleXj View Post
Who ever said that he would be on the opposite side of the road as you? What if he was right next to you?
If I'm doing 70 and someone else is doing 70 I could very easily hit them. It may take a few and I'm sure some will miss. Maybe all will miss. But who's to say he has to be doing 70 the opposite way?
If you have time to grab your weapon, roll down your window and shoot, you have time to slam on your brakes and let him get ahead of you. Now you stay behind him while you phone his plate number into the police. If by chance he chooses to slam on his brakes and corner you, THEN AND ONLY THEN do you consider using your weapon.

Acting like a cowboy in a high speed shootout is not using your noggin.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #135
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,336
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92FleXj View Post
Who ever said that he would be on the opposite side of the road as you? What if he was right next to you?
If I'm doing 70 and someone else is doing 70 I could very easily hit them. It may take a few and I'm sure some will miss. Maybe all will miss. But who's to say he has to be doing 70 the opposite way?
Do the rest of us responsible gun owners a favor and sell your guns and cut up your CPL.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #136
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 3,159
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
If you have time to grab your weapon, roll down your window and shoot, you have time to slam on your brakes and let him get ahead of you. Now you stay behind him while you phone his plate number into the police. If by chance he chooses to slam on his brakes and corner you, THEN AND ONLY THEN do you consider using your weapon.

Acting like a cowboy in a high speed shootout is not using your noggin.
Jim said it nicer but that's what I ment.
Jiveturkey3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #137
92FleXj
stacks stacked on stacks
 
92FleXj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-04-11
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
Do the rest of us responsible gun owners a favor and sell your guns and cut up your CPL.
Not going to happen.

Fact is I fallow the law just like every one else (I hope)
I'm very responsible with any and all firearms.
I have to fallow the law as written as do you.
But just because I would handle a situation a little deferent than you does not mean I'm a horrible person and need to sell my shit.
We're all playing out or talking about what will more than likely NEVER happen, for the sake of arguing? Seems kinda stupid.

Fact is if someone shot this guy or girl that had a cpl, Regardless of who it was as long as it was done lawfully, every one on this thread would be talking about how many lives were possibly saved.

But just because I wouldn't run first I'm a bad person?

If I had a chance to get behind him and get his plates yes I would. And I'd fallow him till the cops caught up to us.

Would I shoot if there were cars or people around? No

Would I only take the shot if I thought I was going to hot him? Yes

Is it 100% that I would? No... He'll no. And it never is for any one.

I know what the outcome would be. And I know the consequences of hitting another civilian. And I can tell you no judge would be needed to judge me.

You guys always jump to conclusions for no reason just to start shit. Sorry I Did not have time to spell out every option of what may occur.

Fact is I hope they catch the guy alive and make him pay.
And I hope that myself nor any of you ever HAVE TO use a firearm in any situation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Know that pocket that forms behind your knee when you sit down?

I'ma fuck it. You're gonna like it too.
92FleXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #138
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee
 
Icemanii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48085
Posts: 5,233
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92FleXj View Post
Not going to happen.

Fact is I fallow the law just like every one else (I hope)
I'm very responsible with any and all firearms. I have to fallow the law as written as do you.
But just because I would handle a situation a little deferent than you does


You believe this is being very responsible with a firearm? You stated this was in a vehicle, moving?

Just a question.
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #139
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,336
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92FleXj View Post
Not going to happen.

Fact is I fallow the law just like every one else (I hope)
I'm very responsible with any and all firearms.
I have to fallow the law as written as do you.
But just because I would handle a situation a little deferent than you does not mean I'm a horrible person and need to sell my shit.
We're all playing out or talking about what will more than likely NEVER happen, for the sake of arguing? Seems kinda stupid.

Fact is if someone shot this guy or girl that had a cpl, Regardless of who it was as long as it was done lawfully, every one on this thread would be talking about how many lives were possibly saved.

But just because I wouldn't run first I'm a bad person?

If I had a chance to get behind him and get his plates yes I would. And I'd fallow him till the cops caught up to us.

Would I shoot if there were cars or people around? No

Would I only take the shot if I thought I was going to hot him? Yes

Is it 100% that I would? No... He'll no. And it never is for any one.

I know what the outcome would be. And I know the consequences of hitting another civilian. And I can tell you no judge would be needed to judge me.

You guys always jump to conclusions for no reason just to start shit. Sorry I Did not have time to spell out every option of what may occur.

Fact is I hope they catch the guy alive and make him pay.
And I hope that myself nor any of you ever HAVE TO use a firearm in any situation.
Posting cowboy shit just gives anti-gun people something to point to about how dangerous armed civilians can be
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #140
92FleXj
stacks stacked on stacks
 
92FleXj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-04-11
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post


You believe this is being very responsible with a firearm? You stated this was in a vehicle, moving?

Just a question.
please show me ware i said I'm driving right now on 96?

i was making a joke. no ware did i say I'm driving on 96...

i do not have the skills it would take to take a pic and drive
92FleXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.26700 seconds with 50 queries