What do you believe? - Page 8 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 26th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #141
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
[/COLOR]


The separation of church and state, means the church cannot influence the people on how to vote or tax exempt status can be removed from the church.

The Johnson Amendment,

http://www.firebuilders.org/JAmCEC.htm
so what is the reason a person cannot end their own life?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 26th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #142
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,440
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

I believe the memory stick I purchased for my computer is not going to work.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #143
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,516
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Case in point, of why I believe God exists...

Got a call from the seller of the home I'm trying to buy. Everything has been going smoothly up until there was an issue with the well. Long story short, the home needs a new one. Seller said that she couldn't afford a new well, and if I wasn't going to pay the full price of a new one, she would wait out our purchase agreement, and that since it's her deceased father's estate she would just give the home back to the state. After a flurry of phone calls it looked like we were at a stand still. I prayed, and I prayed hard. I then received a phone call that from the seller that she decided she would pay 1/2 of the cost, then received another phone call from a relative who knew the situation and they said they would GIVE me the money needed to make the sale happen. I didn't ask God for money, I asked him for direction. He opened to doors for us to proceed.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #144
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

you believe in god because your poor?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #145
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,516
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Nope, I believe in God because the chances of all the parts of this deal falling in line to make it work out within the timeline that it did, without divine intervention were very slim. I didn't ask for anything from anybody, it was all volunteered.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #146
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
Nope, I believe in God because the chances of all the parts of this deal falling in line to make it work out within the timeline that it did, without divine intervention were very slim. I didn't ask for anything from anybody, it was all volunteered.
It is a fact that people that believe in god are predominantly uneducated/poor. also, thanking god because your friends/relatives know you are in need and help is doing those people a disservice.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #147
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
But in the Old Testiment it does. Jesus responded when questioned about if the OT law hold true and he said "Every jot and tittle."

Here's some more Bible love for you to think about:

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesnít receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who donít believe in him. Jude 5

Now you said I could not find anything if the Bible about killing homosexuals. Here's a nice bit right here that you can verify in your very own Bible:

Infidels and Gays Should Die

So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)


So there's your proof. Now let the men discuss various belief systems here and you go cherry pick the parts of the Bible you wish to follow.
First and foremost you have not provided a single scripture where God instructed man to kill homosexuals. The Romans scripture was the only reference you provided to homosexuality and nowhere does it say man should kill homosexuals.

Second, there is a distinction in the old testiment between Jewish law and God's law. You have provided examples of Jewish law, not God's commandments.

Thirdly, Jesus did not specifically endorse Jewish law, but was discussing the 10 commandments of God in the scripture you provided. This is the danger of people taking snippets out of scripture and placing them in the wrong context, as many corrupt man has done. Here is the full context for you.

Matthew 5: 18-19

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #148
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,516
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
It is a fact that people that believe in god are predominantly uneducated/poor. also, thanking god because your friends/relatives know you are in need and help is doing those people a disservice.

Source of your fact?

Further, I don't expect any family member to help me. After her offer was made, I thanked her, but declined the offer. I believe God has allowed my financial independence to make it work. Could I have paid for the whole thing? Yep, but I didn't want to, with out a concession from the seller. The way it worked out, after prayer, seems to satisfy all parties.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.

Last edited by MonkeyBiz; September 26th, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #149
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
Source of your fact?
google it.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #150
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,516
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
google it.
Nope. You're the one that presented the absurdity as a fact. Back your stance.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #151
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
Source of your fact?

Further, I don't expect any family member to help me. After her offer was made, I thanked her, but declined the offer. I believe God has allowed my financial independence to make it work. Could I have paid for the whole thing? Yep, but I didn't want to, with out a concession from the seller. The way it worked out, after prayer, seems to satisfy all parties.
wat? first you say you couldn't afford the well, god made your relatives donate money so you could afford it, now you don't need the charity cause you have the money already. pray for some consistency dude.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #152
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
could jesus have meant reincarnation when he said born again?
Definition of Reincarnation: "Reincarnation is the religious or philosophical concept that the soul or spirit, after biological death, begins a new life in a new body that may be human, animal or spiritual depending on the moral quality of the previous life's actions."

A better argument for you would be during the transfiguration when Jesus is seen talking to Moses and Elijah. However, Elijah had transcended directly to Heaven after death and Moses has descended to Sheol to rest until Christ's coming. In either case, they were shortly on earth AS THEMSELVES, not as "a new life in a new body". In other words, they were not reincarnated by definition.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #153
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
Nope. You're the one that presented the absurdity as a fact. Back your stance.
your the one that is demanding I back it up. why the fukc should I do anything to prove anything to you?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #154
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
Definition of Reincarnation: "Reincarnation is the religious or philosophical concept that the soul or spirit, after biological death, begins a new life in a new body that may be human, animal or spiritual depending on the moral quality of the previous life's actions."

A better argument for you would be during the transfiguration when Jesus is seen talking to Moses and Elijah. However, Elijah had transcended directly to Heaven after death and Moses has descended to Sheol to rest until Christ's coming. In either case, they were shortly on earth AS THEMSELVES, not as "a new life in a new body". In other words, they were not reincarnated by definition.
shits getting metaphysical up in here. when jesus returns is he going to return in the same body? will he open a wormhole or a portal from whatever dimension he now resides in to this one?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #155
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
your the one that is demanding I back it up. why the fukc should I do anything to prove anything to you?
I would tend to agree with you on this one. Bruce started a thread asking everyone "what you believe" and you are entitled to believe whatever you like. I just prefer that you not misquote scripture. If you are going to post scripture, please do it accurately.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #156
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,516
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
wat? first you say you couldn't afford the well, god made your relatives donate money so you could afford it, now you don't need the charity cause you have the money already. pray for some consistency dude.
Pray for reading comprehension. Go back, and read it again. I never said I couldn't afford it.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #157
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
shits getting metaphysical up in here. when jesus returns is he going to return in the same body? will he open a wormhole or a portal from whatever dimension he now resides in to this one?
Could be. Hopefully I won't be on earth anymore at that time though.

Did you ever provide a response to the thread title btw? What do you believe?
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #158
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I believe I am a product of evolution. I do not believe in souls or spirits. I am made from the same material as our universe. I am just borrowing this matter to form a body. Some day I will die and I will be cremated. My matter will return to the universe. Nothing is ever lost, it only changes. I believe there are higher powers in the universe but I do not worship them.
page 1 post 12.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #159
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
Pray for reading comprehension. Go back, and read it again. I never said I couldn't afford it.
then why beg god for money?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #160
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
I would tend to agree with you on this one. Bruce started a thread asking everyone "what you believe" and you are entitled to believe whatever you like. I just prefer that you not misquote scripture. If you are going to post scripture, please do it accurately.
please show me where I misquoted scripture.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.32200 seconds with 80 queries