Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Where to get excessive drop hitch?

3K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  steveo 
#1 ·
Need around an 8"-10" drop hitch. Current hitch measures 24" to top of ball with 3 1/2" drop hitch. Ideally I need to be around 16"-19" to haul a uhaul trailer. Any suggestions?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

#8 ·
Don't worry folks, I'm sure he has a well adjusted brake controller in that lifted jeep.

#20 ·
I have wanted a Damn Like button for a long as time on here. Way before Facebook came along.

#25 ·
definitely agree that it's not the most ideal situation to be towing with a lifted jeep. But I'll be towing a maximum of around 1000lbs. So it wont be anything to excessive and the trailer will have brakes. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. My biggest concern was just being able to tow the trailer level

#29 ·
I find this thread amusing. Although not lifted as much as most, my modestly lifted Jeep (3") has a DOT hitch rated for more than the Jeep is rated to pull or could comfortably pull; is equipped with an adjustable trailer brake; has a weight-distributing hitch assembly for pulling our 3500# camper (a must IMO with rear coil springs); and regularly use a 8" drop class 3 draw bar to get me down to the right height for my 2000# max utility trailer. Granted, my Unlimited has a longer wheelbase than a TJ and has a higher tow rating but it goes down the road safely and more stable than a lot of other tow rigs I have seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.