Michigan is going to vote for Obama - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #41
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,126
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
All That needs to be said is are we any better off then we were in 2008?
Bin Laden is dead and gm is alive.
For a democrat you do have a good sence of humor
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 8th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #42
cj65
Senior Member
 
cj65's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: 48174
Posts: 3,897
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
For a democrat you do have a good sence of humor
I just like to get you panties in a bunch. I've voted for a republican before and it bit me in the ass. So since then I'll vote straight dem now even if kwame Kirkpatrick was running for prez and I hate that sob.
cj65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 07:20 AM   #43
bdd1469
bdd
 
bdd1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-10
Location: alto mi
Posts: 2,069
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469
Default

Fuck obama,useless piece of shit. And fukc anyone that votes for him.He is running us into the ground and some fucking idiots are voting for him again? Open your eyes.
I was brought up to always respect your president,fuck that. When this country puts assholes in office like him,they get no respect.


I honestly dont know anyone voting for him,at least anyone that will admit it.I do have a few freinds who voted for him last time,because of his party,not him.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #44
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,167
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
Piss on both parties. But after Bush I'll vote for any monkey the dems parade out. I'll never vote for a republican ever again.
I always thought you were kind of dumb, but thank you for showing us how retarded you actually are.
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #45
cj65
Senior Member
 
cj65's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: 48174
Posts: 3,897
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
I always thought you were kind of dumb, but thank you for showing us how retarded you actually are.
I try to be as dumb as yourself but that's hard to compete with.
cj65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #46
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,167
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
I try to be as dumb as yourself but that's hard to compete with.
I know you are but what am I?
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #47
cj65
Senior Member
 
cj65's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: 48174
Posts: 3,897
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
I know you are but what am I?
I'm rubber and your glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.
cj65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #48
3stratman
Let's Go Red Wings!
 
3stratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Location: Michigan
Posts: 711
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I believe that this country is made up of 2 basic type of people overall.

Type A people love their country, no matter what, because they are aware of the fact that despite it's faults the US is still the greatest country on earth compared to the rest, and would defend it to their death if needed. They believe in working for the things they want and need, and don't expect things to just be given to them. They're not concerned that others are better off that they are. They only expect the government to keep them safe at home and free from harm from outside entities, and keep the infrastructure intact and functioning. They expect minimal intrusion into their lives from the government, the way the founding fathers intended this country to be. They respect the opinions of others, even if they differ from their own.

Type B people complain about their country regularly, feel that we should be more like other countries, and in the event that they had to defend it or lose it to an outside entity would probably put up their hands and say "take it, just leave me out of the fight". They believe that if they don't have everything they want, someone else should give them what they want. They HATE that anyone one else is better off than they are. They believe that the purpose of the government is provide everything to everybody so we can all be the same. They believe that the government should tell everyone how to live and do business. They are ignorant as to what the founding fathers went through and why to create the country that we live in. And they are totally intolerant of anyone that has a opinion that is different than theirs, to the point, at times, of hateful dialogue and even violence.

Unfortunately, I believe that Obama will win Michigan, as well as the rest of the country, because I think that we have come to the point where Type B people now outnumber Type A people.
3stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #49
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,510
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stratman View Post
I believe that this country is made up of 2 basic type of people overall.

Type A people love their country, no matter what, because they are aware of the fact that despite it's faults the US is still the greatest country on earth compared to the rest, and would defend it to their death if needed. They believe in working for the things they want and need, and don't expect things to just be given to them. They're not concerned that others are better off that they are. They only expect the government to keep them safe at home and free from harm from outside entities, and keep the infrastructure intact and functioning. They expect minimal intrusion into their lives from the government, the way the founding fathers intended this country to be. They respect the opinions of others, even if they differ from their own.

Type B people complain about their country regularly, feel that we should be more like other countries, and in the event that they had to defend it or lose it to an outside entity would probably put up their hands and say "take it, just leave me out of the fight". They believe that if they don't have everything they want, someone else should give them what they want. They HATE that anyone one else is better off than they are. They believe that the purpose of the government is provide everything to everybody so we can all be the same. They believe that the government should tell everyone how to live and do business. They are ignorant as to what the founding fathers went through and why to create the country that we live in. And they are totally intolerant of anyone that has a opinion that is different than theirs, to the point, at times, of hateful dialogue and even violence.

Unfortunately, I believe that Obama will win Michigan, as well as the rest of the country, because I think that we have come to the point where Type B people now outnumber Type A people.
It sure does make it easier to disagree with other when you can assign every possible negative trait to people that you disagree with. You don't even have to listen to them anymore, you just say; "oh, you're with of THOSE types".

To bad it's a load of crap.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #50
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,440
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
It sure does make it easier to disagree with other when you can assign every possible negative trait to people that you disagree with. You don't even have to listen to them anymore, you just say; "oh, you're with of THOSE types".

To bad it's a load of crap.
If the shoe fits.......
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #51
cj65
Senior Member
 
cj65's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: 48174
Posts: 3,897
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

When history remembers Obama he will be in the ranks of Washington , franklin,FDR, and Regan.
cj65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #52
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,510
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
If the shoe fits.......
My foot conforms to neither ironic viewpoint.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #53
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,440
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
My foot conforms to neither ironic viewpoint.
That's good. Unfortunatly, the shoe seems to fit many who prefer Obama to the other choice.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #54
3stratman
Let's Go Red Wings!
 
3stratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Location: Michigan
Posts: 711
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
It sure does make it easier to disagree with other when you can assign every possible negative trait to people that you disagree with. You don't even have to listen to them anymore, you just say; "oh, you're with of THOSE types".

To bad it's a load of crap.

I'll tell you what...spend some time reading the comments to stories on this site:

http://www.fark.com/politics/

And then tell me I'm wrong about Type B. There are a whole lot of people out there that fit the bill for the Type B person I described.
3stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #55
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,529
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

ron paul or ted nugent. Romey is a douch and Obama is a turd sandwich..

Thats my contribution.
montecarlo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #56
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,510
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stratman View Post
I'll tell you what...spend some time reading the comments to stories on this site:

http://www.fark.com/politics/

And then tell me I'm wrong about Type B. There are a whole lot of people out there that fit the bill for the Type B person I described.
Seriously? fark.com is your basis for understanding people?

I have no doubt that there are people like you describe as "Type B". But to assign everyone who disagrees with you to "Type B" and disregard them on that basis is the same "for us or against us" black and white bullshit that has passed for politics for the last decade or two. It is this type of thinking that has lead to the messes we're in.

Go re-read the last sentence in you description of "Type A" and come back when you understand what that means.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #57
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,235
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
When history remembers Obama he will be in the ranks of Washington , franklin,FDR, and Regan.
and jennifer granholm...she was the best thing this state had going for them...too bad she lost he election
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #58
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,510
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
and jennifer granholm...she was the best thing this state had going for them...too bad she lost he election
Granholm never lost an election.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #59
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,510
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

there are 2 types of people:

Type A that think you can divide everyone into 2 types of people

and

Type B that don't.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #60
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,235
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Granholm never lost an election.
yes she did, she lost the last one
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.29705 seconds with 80 queries