Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

My Wife and Neighbors are going to be PISSED!

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  fsumotorhead 
#1 ·
My Wife and Neighbors are going to be PISSED!

Just picked this up from a buddy of mine! Just needed a quick float adjustment on the carb, it’s defiantly a screamer.

My grandma used to have one when I was a kid, and I would volunteer just to use it.

I’m not sure if it’s the noise or the burnt grass/oil smell when you mow with them.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
It's loud as fawk.

I'm not sure if the exhaust under the deck has been messed with or not through the years. I haven't looked at it too closely as i just got it yesterday.

My neighbor came over last night when i was usung it and asked if i mounted a chainsaw to my mower :sonicjay:

#6 ·
My dad has sworn by Lawn Boys for years. He still has one of the old magnesium decked ones in the garage. After getting sick of the neighbor lady not mowing her lawn because she only had a reel mower, he fixed up a newer LB he had and gave it to her. She is very hippieish but uses the shit out of the thing. I'm pretty sure my dad purposely mixes the gas like 16:1 for maximum smoke effect.

#8 ·
My neighbors now are pretty cool, the one thinks it's awesome, but I'm moving into a subdivision next month. I'm wondering if they are going to hate the chainsaw like buzz every Saturday.

Either way, I've got to figure what to do with the muffler under the deck, i'm pretty sure it's been phucked with to make it louder. As loud as they were, this one is WAY loud.

#12 ·
This thing is an absolute beast!

Made short work of mulching a shit load of leaves in my yard yesterday. I thought the burnt grass/oil smell was awesome, but the burnt leaf/oil smell is better!

Turns out the plates that "muffel" the exhaust were completly missing, went to buy some from a mom and pop shop, the old man came out from the back and just gave it to me :thumb: It's a bit quiter now, but still requires hearing protection :sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.