Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 25th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #21
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I don't think that's what he said...good reach though
Maybe. But it sounded to me like he was suggesting that the President could, or should waive his right to a trail and send him straight to the gallows. This would be a direct violation of the 6th amendment of the Constitution.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #22
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,003
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Maybe. But it sounded to me like he was suggesting that the President could, or should waive his right to a trail and send him straight to the gallows. This would be a direct violation of the 6th amendment of the Constitution.
Nope. What I was suggesting is that this is a conspiracy. There is no video or proof that this man did it. I believe that Obama is setting this guy up so he can win the election. It is all very complicated to explain, but the truth will come out at the opening night of the next Bat Man movie "The Black Night Runs for Office II". It comes out in November.
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #23
homerdogeo8
booger eatin' moron
 
homerdogeo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-08
Location: St Johns
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zook94 View Post
How much more proof do you need, Mr.GreenAgain? They caught him with all of his weapons, smoking guns, tactical gear head to toe, muttering about being the enemy of Bat Man, and have a trail a mile long of evidence leading to his apartment, where he lived ALONE. How much more guilt could you overlook?
homerdogeo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #24
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Nope. What I was suggesting is that this is a conspiracy. There is no video or proof that this man did it. I believe that Obama is setting this guy up so he can win the election. It is all very complicated to explain, but the truth will come out at the opening night of the next Bat Man movie "The Black Night Runs for Office II". It comes out in November.
alrighty then.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #25
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,003
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Innocent!
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #26
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,347
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zook94 View Post
How much more proof do you need, Mr.GreenAgain? They caught him with all of his weapons, smoking guns, tactical gear head to toe, muttering about being the enemy of Bat Man, and have a trail a mile long of evidence leading to his apartment, where he lived ALONE. How much more guilt could you overlook?
This is still America and everybody gets a trial by their peers as required by law. We can not deviate from this or it will snowball into something that is no longer based on laws and intellect but instead will be nothing more than the will of somebody in control actinig as judge, jury, and executioner.

That being said, I hope this shit stain dies a slow and agonizing death.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #27
6spdWillys
An Army of fun.
 
6spdWillys's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-02-07
Location: curtice,ohio
Posts: 718
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Nope. What I was suggesting is that this is a conspiracy. There is no video or proof that this man did it. I believe that Obama is setting this guy up so he can win the election. It is all very complicated to explain, but the truth will come out at the opening night of the next Bat Man movie "The Black Night Runs for Office II". It comes out in November.
I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down. That notwithstanding, to all of you who are crying foul about THIS case, I wonder how many murders their have been in the past month that HAVE NOT been the subject of the national media loons and how many rapes (chile and adult) have their been in the past month that we ALSO have not heard about in the national media.

As for me, the jury is still out as to whether this was set up from the start for political purposes, but in the end, there are still many people dead and many people injured and the shockwave from this incident will reach years into the future and across the reach of family and friends of the victims far and wide...............just like any other murder/rape that we have NOT heard of.

I will not change my beliefs of "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" simply because the media loons want to sensationalize the incident for their own ratings.

I will also continue to believe that, despite the heinous nature of some crimes, the people perpetrating them have the ability to redeem themselves and become positive contributors to society. History has proven this to be true with many former criminals (murderers and otherwise).

I am by no means qualified to say whether or not this suspect, or any others, are incapable of remorse and redemption and neither, I'd guess, is anyone else here. That information is only discovered over the passage of time.

I WILL say, however, that there is a LIMIT on that time. I point to one Charles Manson and others like him. After many years, he has shown no signs of remorse and I believe him to be incapable of contributing positively to society. Hang/shoot/electrocute/pick your poison......him.

I caution everyone to be mindful of their kneejerk rage in calling for his immediate death, based on media reporting. The US Constitution is already in danger of becoming an unused document. It is what made this country great. To give up THIS part of it simply to satisfy your need for vengence means that you should not bat an eye when another part, and possibly one you treasure, (like say....the freedom to post your thoughts here or, in my case, bearing arms) is taken away from you permanently.

I now step down from my soap box.
6spdWillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #28
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,536
iTrader: (54)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
This is still America and everybody gets a trial by their peers as required by law. We can not deviate from this or it will snowball into something that is no longer based on laws and intellect but instead will be nothing more than the will of somebody in control actinig as judge, jury, and executioner.

That being said, I hope this shit stain dies a slow and agonizing death.
Its strange days, the number of exuberant patriotic Americans who are actually wanting to toss out those minor things like the consitution (well, except for the 2nd amendment). Seems like we actually want to become one of these nations that we hate. I mean, wow, you guys want to give Obama's government the power to just publicly execute people without trial whenever they want? You guys must really love that guy.

The whole Aurora situation just sucks all around.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #29
6spdWillys
An Army of fun.
 
6spdWillys's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-02-07
Location: curtice,ohio
Posts: 718
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

A good "poem" (?) someone wrote in the comments section below the Aurora church shooting story (shared earlier in this thread) here---> http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/cri...home_multiline


See Dick and Jane go to the movies.
See Dick and Jane hold hands lovingly as they stand in line, anticipating a long awaited couple hours of entertainment.
See Dick pay for the tickets.
See Dick and Jane enter the theater.

See Dick and Jane carefully take in their surroundings while they step into the concession line.

See Jane lean into Dick's shoulder with a pleased smile.
See Dick stroke Jane's hair with a contented sigh.
See Dick and Jane continue to observe their surroundings.

See Pathetic Creature enter theater in full tactical gear.

See Dick and Jane alarm at the unusual event.
See Dick and Jane decide quickly that something is not at all right with this Pathetic Creature.
See Dick reach behind his back while Jane thrusts her hand into her purse.

See Pathetic Creature raise an odd shaped rifle, savoring his self-assumed power.

See Dick quickly engage his 9mm slide action cocking mechanism, while Jane thumbs the hammer on her .38 caliber revolver.
See Dick and Jane carefully raise and aim their firearms at center mass.
See Dick and Jane fire two shots each.

See Pathetic Creature stumble, but not drop to the ground.

See Dick and Jane immediately separate a few yards and advance on the target firing twice again.
See Target stumble further, disoriented.
See Dick continue to fire advancing on the target as Jane flanks the target holding her fire.

See Dick drop his empty magazine while reaching to his belt for his spare magazine.

See Jane fire her final two shots at the head of the target, pausing a moment between shots.
See Dick slam home the magazine and engage the slide release, while the target's bell is ringing.
See Dick advance the final few yards, firing into the face and then the legs of the target with steady rhythm.

See Pathetic Creature's tactical gear fail at close proximity, while he drops to the ground from multiple blunt force trauma.

See Dick secure rifle while Jane, having finished reloading, covers the target.
See Dick step on target's throat while Jane holds a point blank aim upon target's face.
See Pathetic Creature no longer a threat.

{This is of course the ideal resolution, but like with all things of the such, nothing is ever ideal. At worst Dick and Jane could have been able to stall the gunman for long enough for the panicked masses to find cover.}


Why do people not see that losers will do what losers do, regardless of HOW MANY laws are passed and HOW STRICT & LIMITING those laws are? It is like going 57mph in a 55mph zone........it's against the law....but how often or strictly is it enforced?? ENFORCE the current laws more often and more strictly and MANY (notice I did not say ALL) of these criminals will think twice and refrain from following through. In the end......they are called CRIMINALS for a reason. BECAUSE THEY IGNORE LAWS!! And for THAT reason, law-abiding people should be able to (and always) carry a defensive weapon, because, in the end, WHEN SECONDS COUNT-HELP IS ONLY MINUTES AWAY!!!
6spdWillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #30
zook94
Resident Jerkoff
 
zook94's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Saginaw, Michigan, USA, North America, Earth, Milky way
Posts: 1,959
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Innocent!

Dude, you gotta quit sipping your own bath water with your nightly cleaning. It's going to your head. (Or, you are sniffing bath salts before bathing)
zook94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #31
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 20,574
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
Its strange days, the number of exuberant patriotic Americans who are actually wanting to toss out those minor things like the consitution (well, except for the 2nd amendment). Seems like we actually want to become one of these nations that we hate. I mean, wow, you guys want to give Obama's government the power to just publicly execute people without trial whenever they want? You guys must really love that guy.

The whole Aurora situation just sucks all around.
x2
It sure seems he is guilty but he still deserves a trial. We certainly can't go off as a lynch mob. "IF" he gets convicted without a doubt, I'm all for the death penalty. I hope the stupid insanity plea doesn't hold them back.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #32
Why YJ?
Don't be a wuss... HIT IT
 
Why YJ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-08
Location: West Branch,MI
Posts: 1,369
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdWillys View Post
I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down. That notwithstanding, to all of you who are crying foul about THIS case, I wonder how many murders their have been in the past month that HAVE NOT been the subject of the national media loons and how many rapes (chile and adult) have their been in the past month that we ALSO have not heard about in the national media.

As for me, the jury is still out as to whether this was set up from the start for political purposes, but in the end, there are still many people dead and many people injured and the shockwave from this incident will reach years into the future and across the reach of family and friends of the victims far and wide...............just like any other murder/rape that we have NOT heard of.

I will not change my beliefs of "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" simply because the media loons want to sensationalize the incident for their own ratings.

I will also continue to believe that, despite the heinous nature of some crimes, the people perpetrating them have the ability to redeem themselves and become positive contributors to society. History has proven this to be true with many former criminals (murderers and otherwise).

I am by no means qualified to say whether or not this suspect, or any others, are incapable of remorse and redemption and neither, I'd guess, is anyone else here. That information is only discovered over the passage of time.

I WILL say, however, that there is a LIMIT on that time. I point to one Charles Manson and others like him. After many years, he has shown no signs of remorse and I believe him to be incapable of contributing positively to society. Hang/shoot/electrocute/pick your poison......him.

I caution everyone to be mindful of their kneejerk rage in calling for his immediate death, based on media reporting. The US Constitution is already in danger of becoming an unused document. It is what made this country great. To give up THIS part of it simply to satisfy your need for vengence means that you should not bat an eye when another part, and possibly one you treasure, (like say....the freedom to post your thoughts here or, in my case, bearing arms) is taken away from you permanently.

I now step down from my soap box.
Well said!!
__________________
Run of the mill YJ with Dana 60's and Irok's..SOLD
96 XJ on 38's
Paul
www.teamhodges.com
Why YJ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #33
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,073
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Innocent until PROVEN guilty.
The victims blood on his hands is guilty enough. Lets not waste tax payer dollars on a trial. I'd say hang him now.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #34
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Maybe. But it sounded to me like he was suggesting that the President could, or should waive his right to a trail and send him straight to the gallows. This would be a direct violation of the 6th amendment of the Constitution.
Since when is Obama above dismantling the Constitution?


I say feed this douche bag his fingers and watch him bleed to death in the street.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #35
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,224
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Interesting....DARPA, CIA, Defense Intelligence...Was this was intended to happen during the UN small arms treaty drafting?
http://www.blacklistednews.com/James...0/0/0/Y/M.html

Quote:
James Holmes Family Tied To DARPA And Mind Manipulation Work
July 26, 2012
Print Version
By Wayne Madsen

Aurora massacre: several links between James Holmes and U.S. government research (Salk Institute involved in neurologically enhancing soldiers' abilities on battlefield...connections to DARPA)

James Holmes, the 24-year old suspect in the mass shooting of Batman "The Dark Knight Rises" movie goers in Aurora, Colorado that left 12 people dead and 58 injured, has had a number of links to U.S. government-funded research centers. Holmes's past association with government research projects has prompted police and federal law enforcement officials to order laboratories and schools with which Holmes has had a past association not to talk to the press about Holmes.

Holmes was one of six recipients of a National Institutes of Health Neuroscience Training Grant at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in Denver. Holme is a graduate of the University of California at Riverside with a Bachelor of Science degree in neuroscience. Although Holmes dropped out of the PhD neuroscience program at Anschutz in June, police evacuated two buildings at the Anschutz center after the massacre at the Aurora movie theater. Holmes reportedly gave a presentation at the Anschutz campus in May on Micro DNA Biomarkers in a class titled "Biological Basis of Psychiatric and Neurological Disorders."

Initial reports of Holmes having an accomplice in the theater shooting have been discounted by the Aurora police. However, no explanation has been given by police why the Anschutz campus buildings were evacuated after Holmes was already in custody in the Arapahoe County jail.

The Anschutz Medical Campus is on the recently de-commisioned site of the U.S. Army's Fitzsimons Army Medical Center and is named after Philip Anschutz, the billionaire Christian fundamentalist oil and railroad tycoon who also owns The Examiner newspaper chain and website and the neo-conservative Weekly Standard. The Anschutz Medical Campus was built by a $91 million grant from the Anschutz Foundation.

In 2006, at the age of 18, Holmes served as a research intern at the Salk Institute at the University of California at San Diego in La Jolla. It is noteworthy that for the previous two years before Holmes worked at the Salk Institute, the research center was partnered with the Defense Advance Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Columbia University, University of California at San Francisco, University of Wisconsin at Madison, Wake Forest University, and the Mars Company (the manufacturers of Milky Way and Snickers bars) to prevent fatigue in combat troops through the enhanced use of epicatechina, a blood flow-increasing and blood vessel-dilating anti-oxidant flavanol found in cocoa and, particularly, in dark chocolate.

The research was part of a larger DARPA program known as the "Peak Soldier Performance Program," which involved creating brain-machine interfaces for battlefield use, including human-robotic bionics for legs, arms, and eyes. DARPA works closely with the Defense Science Office on projects that include the medical research community. Fitzsimons was at the forefront of DARPA research on the use of brain-connected "neuroprosthetic" limbs for soldiers amputated or paralyzed in combat.

According to his LinkedIn profile, James Holmes's father, Dr. Robert Holmes, who received a PhD in Statistics in 1981 from the University of California at Berkeley, worked for San Diego-based HNC Software, Inc. from 2000 to 2002. HNC, known as a "neural network" company, and DARPA, beginning in 1998, have worked on developing "cortronic neural networks," which would allow machines to interpret aural and visual stimuli to think like humans. The cortronic concept was developed by HNC Software's chief scientist and co-founder, Robert Hecht-Nielsen. HNC merged with the Minneapolis-based Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO), a computer analysis and decision-making company. Robert Holmes continues to work at FICO.

It has also emerged that Holmes, when he was 20, worked as a camp counselor at Camp Max Straus of the Jewish Big Brothers and Sister of Los Angeles. According to the Jewish Journal, among other tasks, Holmes helped to teach boys between the ages of 7 to 10 archery. In another unusual detail, the car Holmes used to drive to the Aurora movie theater had Tennessee plates. Holmes is originally from San Diego.

James Holmes is the grandson of Lt. Col. Robert Holmes, one of the first Turkish language graduates of the Army Language School, later the Defense Language Institute, in Monterey, California. Graduating from the Turkish language class in 1948, Holmes spent a career in the Army, which likely included more than a few intelligence-related assignments. Typically, U.S. military officers conversant in Turkish served with either the Defense Intelligence Agency or the Central Intelligence Agency at either the U.S. embassy in Ankara or the Consulate General in Istanbul, or both.

Terrence Sejnowski, the Francis Crick Professor at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies and the director of the Computational Neurobiology Laboratory, in an interview with Cognitive Science Online in 2008, had the following comment about recent studies of the human brain: "Alan Newell [cognitive psychology researcher at the intelligence community-linked RAND Corporation] once said that when AI [artificial intelligence] was founded not enough was known about the brain to be of any help and in the early 1980s, symbol processing was the only game in town. That has changed and we now know a lot about the brain, perhaps more than we need to know [emphasis added]."

More than we need to know!

The links between the younger and elder Holmes and U.S. government research on creating super-soldiers, human brain-machine interfaces, and human-like robots beg the question: "Was James Holmes engaged in a real-life Jason Bourne TREADSTONE project that broke down and resulted in deadly consequences in Aurora, Colorado?" In any event, if the Batman movies are now serving as a newer version of J.D. Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye" subliminal messaging triggering mechanism, -- Salinger's novel was of interest to a number of American political assassins -- keep in mind that August 10 is the opening date of The Bourne Legacy. It may be wise to skip that film in the theater for a while
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #36
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,003
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The victims blood on his hands is guilty enough. Lets not waste tax payer dollars on a trial. I'd say hang him now.
Shame shame....
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #37
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,347
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The victims blood on his hands is guilty enough. Lets not waste tax payer dollars on a trial. I'd say hang him now.
What a good Christian thing to say.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.30989 seconds with 45 queries