redirect - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Site comments, issues, or suggestions and announcements
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:22 PM   #81
Grassman
RFK
 
Grassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-10-08
Location: Belmont, Mi
Posts: 19,098
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Default

this is annoying. just happened again to me
__________________
when you say "someday" remember its just code for "never"
Grassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:28 PM   #82
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
Senior Member
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 17,295
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Give it up, G-man.
Management DGAF.
__________________
http://www.glfwda.org/
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:41 PM   #83
buddahmtnsmasher
Senior Member
 
buddahmtnsmasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-09
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 361
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I just got it as well. first time on this computer...
buddahmtnsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #84
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Wow, I have still yet to see this redirect appear and I use multiple computers and I am always on this site.

I have just disabled 50% of my ad houses to narrow it down.

argh
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #85
Marine_mike
SNSHTF
 
Marine_mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-08
Location: Mount Clemens/MI
Posts: 1,976
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I'm using google crome on a MBP running osx lion and I have yet to be redirected. Then again, I use a bookmark for this website. Not sure if that makes a difference. I did have an attempt by something to use flashplayer or whatever, but I just denied it. Maybe it's hiding in the ads.
__________________
Click this link ---> http://www.gunwatcher.com/c/5751 is having a HUGE giveaway at the end of December 2014!
Marine_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #86
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I had it appear yesterday - my first time seeing it.

Brand new Win 7 Pro computer fresh out of the box and MS Win setup, following install of Comcast-provided Norton package and Google Chrome. First website accessed in Chrome. Only site accessed in IE was Google Chrome download page.

About as virginal as they come.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #87
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Specific Media is an ad house that keeps this site running. They pay me to advertise ads that are basically never seen. These are the ads that appear on the footer of the page. Like last month there were over 3,000,000 ads displayed, 540 clicks. As you can see, nobody see them.

However, specific media purchased myspace last year. I'm guessing there is a connection.


On the other hand, without specific media ads, this site would be in the red. Server bill now is just under $1,000/month. I have to keep specific media ads up and running right now. I emailed my sales rep to see what I can do about this, or if I can have a script on my end that prevents this redirect ad from showing.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #88
Marine_mike
SNSHTF
 
Marine_mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-08
Location: Mount Clemens/MI
Posts: 1,976
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Well like I said, I've had this site bookmarked from day one of purchasing this Mac. Never had a problem. I wonder if that has any significance.
__________________
Click this link ---> http://www.gunwatcher.com/c/5751 is having a HUGE giveaway at the end of December 2014!
Marine_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #89
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Specific Media is an ad house that keeps this site running. They pay me to advertise ads that are basically never seen. These are the ads that appear on the footer of the page. Like last month there were over 3,000,000 ads displayed, 540 clicks. As you can see, nobody see them.

However, specific media purchased myspace last year. I'm guessing there is a connection.


On the other hand, without specific media ads, this site would be in the red. Server bill now is just under $1,000/month. I have to keep specific media ads up and running right now. I emailed my sales rep to see what I can do about this, or if I can have a script on my end that prevents this redirect ad from showing.
Honesty, it wasn't a big deal. The bigger concern was if something was corrupted/infected/infested. With the understanding of the relationship between Specific Media and MySpace, it sounds like a non-issue.

That was the only time I've seen it, and I likewise normally come in from a bookmark.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #90
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Honesty, it wasn't a big deal. The bigger concern was if something was corrupted/infected/infested. With the understanding of the relationship between Specific Media and MySpace, it sounds like a non-issue.

That was the only time I've seen it, and I likewise normally come in from a bookmark.


Some people are saying it is happening often. How it has somehow never appeared for me is confusing. Either way, I'll have to switch away from Specific Media if they continue to serve ads like this.. It is in my contract that they may not serve popups, ads with noise, or redirects.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #91
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,357
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

I have never had an issue via tapatalk. I have on a laptop however.
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #92
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 20,072
iTrader: (168)
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
The government is watching us. We're all fucked
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #93
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,612
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Some people are saying it is happening often. How it has somehow never appeared for me is confusing. Either way, I'll have to switch away from Specific Media if they continue to serve ads like this.. It is in my contract that they may not serve popups, ads with noise, or redirects.
Is there any correlation between the people that are getting the ads, redirect, ads with audio and geography? Maybe there is something with their service provider that allows this goofy shit. I've been on this site from my lap top(chrome, work computer(IE), phone (dolphin browser) and have never seen, or heard, or been redirect, minus the small one in the upper right hand corner.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #94
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
Is there any correlation between the people that are getting the ads, redirect, ads with audio and geography? Maybe there is something with their service provider that allows this goofy shit. I've been on this site from my lap top(chrome, work computer(IE), phone (dolphin browser) and have never seen, or heard, or been redirect, minus the small one in the upper right hand corner.


That top right ad spot is for local companies who support this site, that is shown to all people.

"Guests" see many ads. Once you log in you should never see any ads except for the top right local company banner.

Trying to keep this site as ad free as possible for the users who are logged in. Popups / redirects are not cool. But I have to balance cash flow here

I'm already talking to another company that promises no redirects and may pay around the same.

Specific media also promises no redirects though
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #95
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,357
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

I see a Cadillac ad at the bottom of the page ;)
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #96
creeping death
I'm that guy.
 
creeping death's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-11-08
Location: MUSKEGON, MI. 49442
Posts: 8,066
iTrader: (83)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

I've been redirected to myspace from this site on my phone a shit ton of times but never on my laptop/desktop.
ten times max in the past year.
one is too many. if we were redirected to an entertaining site it my not be so bad. but, myspace? WTFSHITFUCKDAMN!!!
__________________
You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the motherfucker.
creeping death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:05 AM   #97
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

This problem should be corrected.

Basically, I don't have any proof of where the ads are coming from, however I have my speculations. I had a guy draw up some code that will prevent it from happening. Basically it will remove the re-direct after it is served, but before it is displayed to the end user. Sorry about the length of time this took.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #98
Sandals
Fucking Zen as Shit
 
Sandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 15,426
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Wow, I have still yet to see this redirect appear and I use multiple computers and I am always on this site.

I have just disabled 50% of my ad houses to narrow it down.

argh

It only happened to me once, but bounced me back here without every fully loading the other site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
This problem should be corrected.

Basically, I don't have any proof of where the ads are coming from, however I have my speculations. I had a guy draw up some code that will prevent it from happening. Basically it will remove the re-direct after it is served, but before it is displayed to the end user. Sorry about the length of time this took.

Sandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #99
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

No complaints in 24 hours... Hopefully this is fixed
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:58 AM   #100
creeping death
I'm that guy.
 
creeping death's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-11-08
Location: MUSKEGON, MI. 49442
Posts: 8,066
iTrader: (83)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

I just opened the site on my phone. Before GL4X4 could fully load, I was redirected to a video for artprize in grand rapids. It was only a few seconds long but I had no option to watch or not. When it was done, it bounced me right back to the site.
__________________
You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the motherfucker.
creeping death is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Site comments, issues, or suggestions and announcements

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.29258 seconds with 81 queries