The 1% Hardcore wheelers of Michigan - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:36 AM   #1
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,762
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default The 1% Hardcore wheelers of Michigan

So............. what does this mean?
Is the overal 100% based on the number of 4wd vehicles in Michigan, the number who claims to wheel, the number who wish they could wheel or what? I'm curious what the math defines.

Is Hardcore defined as those who do more than trail ride, those who do comps, those who roll, or simply driving style?

Is it driving style that is based on "anything goes", disregard for personal injury, disregard for vehicle carnage or the urge to show off? Is there a difference between a rock crawler, a rock bouncer, a mud bogger, a mud dragger or a sand dragger? There is certainly way more HP in sand and mud drag rigs than any type of trail rig. Does that make them more or less Hardcore?

What is the definition of 1% versus 5% versus 10% or 20%?

So, help me understand who and what defines a Hardcore wheeler?
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:41 AM   #2
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 25,690
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

If you look at how I do it, and do the opposite, then you are hardcore.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:44 AM   #3
curbdog17
Mini Van
 
curbdog17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-10-08
Location: 49415
Posts: 32,392
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

I wanna be a 2%er. What would I have to do to be in the 2% club?
__________________
17
curbdog17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:45 AM   #4
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 26,102
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Default

I don't care.
I wheel where I want, with who I want, when I can.
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:46 AM   #5
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
 
Skooter_Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Whitelake, MI
Posts: 14,546
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Ill just be a 69%
__________________
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:46 AM   #6
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 25,690
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbdog17 View Post
I wanna be a 2%er. What would I have to do to be in the 2% club?
Drive a custom van.

http://www.vannin.com/threads/wrapper.php?wrap=history
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:46 AM   #7
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 26,102
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter_Built View Post
Ill just be a 69%
Autofellatio doesn't count
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:47 AM   #8
curbdog17
Mini Van
 
curbdog17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-10-08
Location: 49415
Posts: 32,392
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
I don't care.
I wheel where I want, with who I want, when I can.
you are like a .0001%er.
__________________
17
curbdog17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:49 AM   #9
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,167
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

I would guess its just like the dummies in outlaw biker gangs who claim to her 1%er's.

Just a bunch of queers who feel like they have something to prove.
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:01 AM   #10
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
 
Skooter_Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Whitelake, MI
Posts: 14,546
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
Autofellatio doesn't count
That would suggest im TJROCKDOGG
__________________
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:18 AM   #11
974x4Taco
Flex Is OverRated
 
974x4Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-19-06
Location: Battle Creek
Posts: 2,051
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
I don't care.
I wheel where I want, with who I want, when I can.

This.
974x4Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM   #12
jerm97xj
I fixed it!!!
 
jerm97xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-11
Location: Birch Run MI
Posts: 751
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
I would guess its just like the dummies in outlaw biker gangs who claim to her 1%er's.

Just a bunch of queers who feel like they have something to prove.

Thats my guess.
jerm97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM   #13
snocross2xtremes
Senior Member
 
snocross2xtremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: brighton or Fenton
Posts: 6,396
iTrader: (68)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to snocross2xtremes
Default

Who cares! Wheelin is wheelin if your haveing fun thats all that matters!

Thats my .02
snocross2xtremes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:28 AM   #14
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
Senior Member
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 17,055
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

I think the 1% are the guys with more skinny peddle than skills
__________________
http://www.glfwda.org/
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:31 AM   #15
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 19,371
iTrader: (167)
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusKegon_ZJ_gurl View Post
I think the 1% are the guys with more skinny peddle than skills
lil PP
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:36 AM   #16
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper
 
swampjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Waterford, mi
Posts: 7,787
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
So............. what does this mean?
Is the overal 100% based on the number of 4wd vehicles in Michigan, the number who claims to wheel, the number who wish they could wheel or what? I'm curious what the math defines.

Is Hardcore defined as those who do more than trail ride, those who do comps, those who roll, or simply driving style?

Is it driving style that is based on "anything goes", disregard for personal injury, disregard for vehicle carnage or the urge to show off? Is there a difference between a rock crawler, a rock bouncer, a mud bogger, a mud dragger or a sand dragger? There is certainly way more HP in sand and mud drag rigs than any type of trail rig. Does that make them more or less Hardcore?

What is the definition of 1% versus 5% versus 10% or 20%?

So, help me understand who and what defines a Hardcore wheeler?
I don't know about most of this, but "What is the definition of 1% versus 5% versus 10% or 20%?"
well, 1% = 1/100, or 0.01 of something
in comparison 5% = 5/100 = 1/20 = 0.05 which is 5x 1%
and 10% =10/100 = 1/10 = 0.1 this is 10x 1%
likewise 20% = 20/100 = 1/5 = 0.2 or 20x 1%

to break it down farther, if you have 100 apples, and you eat one of these apple, ,you just ate 1% of the apples.
if you ate 5 apples, that is 5% of the apples, 10 apples would be 10% of the apples and 20 apples, well, I'm not sure you could eat that many.

Hope this helps Jim
as far as what's hardcore, well it ain't me.
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:38 AM   #17
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Those that leave Michigan for some real wheeling = 1% hardcore wheelers.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:40 AM   #18
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,762
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampjeep View Post
I don't know about most of this, but "What is the definition of 1% versus 5% versus 10% or 20%?"
well, 1% = 1/100, or 0.01 of something
in comparison 5% = 5/100 = 1/20 = 0.05 which is 5x 1%
and 10% =10/100 = 1/10 = 0.1 this is 10x 1%
likewise 20% = 20/100 = 1/5 = 0.2 or 20x 1%

to break it down farther, if you have 100 apples, and you eat one of these apple, ,you just ate 1% of the apples.
if you ate 5 apples, that is 5% of the apples, 10 apples would be 10% of the apples and 20 apples, well, I'm not sure you could eat that many.

Hope this helps Jim
as far as what's hardcore, well it ain't me.
Got it.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:43 AM   #19
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,430
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Thanks swampjeep!

I to was having issues with percentages.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:43 AM   #20
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee
 
Icemanii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48085
Posts: 5,233
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampjeep View Post
I don't know about most of this, but "What is the definition of 1% versus 5% versus 10% or 20%?"
well, 1% = 1/100, or 0.01 of something
in comparison 5% = 5/100 = 1/20 = 0.05 which is 5x 1%
and 10% =10/100 = 1/10 = 0.1 this is 10x 1%
likewise 20% = 20/100 = 1/5 = 0.2 or 20x 1%

to break it down farther, if you have 100 apples, and you eat one of these apple, ,you just ate 1% of the apples.
if you ate 5 apples, that is 5% of the apples, 10 apples would be 10% of the apples and 20 apples, well, I'm not sure you could eat that many.

Hope this helps Jim
as far as what's hardcore, well it ain't me.
If you can eat 20 apples in one sitting and not throw up, you are hardcore!!
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.28042 seconds with 81 queries