Why are people dickheads? - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #21
BMont
'83 Chevy Scottsdale
 
BMont's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-12
Location: Almond, WI
Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
sanitation engineer



BMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #22
Smiley
Senior Member
 
Smiley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-26-05
Location: Byron Center
Posts: 804
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedsledneck View Post
Michigan has a far higher percentage of assholes and/or rude ass people compared to other states I've experienced. Thinking maybe it has something to do with the states unemployment, economy, etc.
I agree. It was the opposite side of that coin in the western states during our Moab trip.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #23
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,935
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
sanitation engineer
kodiak?

oh no, he called himself a chemical engineer when he was selling vacuum's and carpet shampoo
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #24
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,935
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
I agree. It was the opposite side of that coin in the western states during our Moab trip.
I don't profess to know the unemployment numbers out of state (or in state for that matter) but I know when I went to West Virginia earlier this month the people at gas stations and grocery stores and the ski resort we went to were so nice it was starting to annoy me.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #25
974x4Taco
Flex Is OverRated
 
974x4Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-19-06
Location: Battle Creek
Posts: 2,007
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I don't profess to know the unemployment numbers out of state (or in state for that matter) but I know when I went to West Virginia earlier this month the people at gas stations and grocery stores and the ski resort we went to were so nice it was starting to annoy me.

I experienced this same thing on my trip to tennessee...people were so damn friendly that doing anything was a time consuming adventure...they wanted to bs with you for hours and hours about anything and everything
974x4Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #26
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,935
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 974x4Taco View Post
I experienced this same thing on my trip to tennessee...people were so damn friendly that doing anything was a time consuming adventure...they wanted to bs with you for hours and hours about anything and everything
So maybe I was a little on the antsy side, but we drove down on a friday morning, with intentions of asking my then girlfriend to marry me (she said yes believe it or not)....we stopped at a kroger in clarksburg WV to grab food for the weekend, gas, lunch, etc. Being only 2 hours from our destination and 7 hours into the drive I was ready to get there, the damn cashier rang us up so damn slow I was waiting for him to hand me groceries so I could bag them as he was yapping it up with my beautiful girlfriend....it was friggin crazy, we got out of there in just under 45 minutes....we picked up about $100 worth of booze and food, typically a 15 minute stop at most....

I like nice people, but hot damn I don't have the patience to move that slow!
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #27
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,206
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
with intentions of asking my then girlfriend to marry me (she said yes believe it or not)
Awww...

What did she say about the pre-nup?
mschaffer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #28
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,935
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
Awww...

What did she say about the pre-nup?
she had no problems with it.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #29
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,206
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
she had no problems with it.
Winning...


I just said that to piss off Dave based on his dictionary of hated, outdated terms.

But congrats none the less.
mschaffer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #30
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,935
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

I just responded because I felt compelled to do something in my sea of boredness
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #31
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 18,742
iTrader: (167)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 974x4Taco View Post
I experienced this same thing on my trip to tennessee...people were so damn friendly that doing anything was a time consuming adventure...they wanted to bs with you for hours and hours about anything and everything
i go down there all the time . it drives my wife crazy
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #32
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,387
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
Winning...


I just said that to piss off Dave based on his dictionary of hated, outdated terms.

But congrats none the less.
Dave is very intelligent.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #33
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,206
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Dave is very intelligent.
Yes. That's why allowing immigration is important.
mschaffer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #34
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,719
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Usually everyone is real nice to me in person.


I come here to get my dickhead quota.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #35
Rob the plumber
Licensed master plumber
 
Rob the plumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-14-06
Location: New Baltimore, Michigan
Posts: 5,638
iTrader: (32)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomule View Post
usually everyone is real nice to me in person.


I come here to get my dickhead quota.
x2
Rob the plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #36
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,084
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddtoy4x4 View Post
I only put that on my profile because as soon as I joined here, men made fun of me..then it got worse just because I tried to defend myself. Go figure.

What I'm really talking about is at work (dealing with some of the general public) and online, not necessarily here. Just lots of liars and jerks out there.

It's not me. It's the games and fake people out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddtoy4x4 View Post
LOL but I'm not really up on all the fancy terms u guys use to put women down nowadays.

but that did make me laugh!

***************88

Addendum: OOOH I looked it up on urban dictionary a HAVIV lol

Well, I'm emotional after someone's hurt me. Men don't have emotions, right?

So the next question I have to ask is, " are you a boy and not yet a man", or a girl, because a woman would not take the crap from us guys, because the women here tend to hold thier own quite well.
It's good to be not so thin skinned here, most others will eat you alive if they see that they can.
So toughen up
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #37
974x4Taco
Flex Is OverRated
 
974x4Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-19-06
Location: Battle Creek
Posts: 2,007
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I like nice people, but hot damn I don't have the patience to move that slow!
My problem.

I have a very short attension span and even less patience
974x4Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #38
974x4Taco
Flex Is OverRated
 
974x4Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-19-06
Location: Battle Creek
Posts: 2,007
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbchevy View Post
i go down there all the time . it drives my wife crazy
I think alot of my problem is trying to keep from laughing at their vacabulary / accent...when a dude on a quad with no helmet and a beer yells out "hey....if any of y'all fellers sees me upside down call an ambulance" in a southern drawl...i struggle to keep my composure.
974x4Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #39
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,425
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
So the next question I have to ask is, " are you a boy and not yet a man", or a girl, because a woman would not take the crap from us guys, because the women here tend to hold thier own quite well.
It's good to be not so thin skinned here, most others will eat you alive if they see that they can.
So toughen up
I can't think of anything non perverted to respond to this.......................... and I don't want to make you think sinfully.. soooooo
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #40
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,462
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
So maybe I was a little on the antsy side, but we drove down on a friday morning, with intentions of asking my then girlfriend to marry me (she said yes believe it or not)....we stopped at a kroger in clarksburg WV to grab food for the weekend, gas, lunch, etc. Being only 2 hours from our destination and 7 hours into the drive I was ready to get there, the damn cashier rang us up so damn slow I was waiting for him to hand me groceries so I could bag them as he was yapping it up with my beautiful girlfriend....it was friggin crazy, we got out of there in just under 45 minutes....we picked up about $100 worth of booze and food, typically a 15 minute stop at most....

I like nice people, but hot damn I don't have the patience to move that slow!
It happens here also. I went into the store yesterday and had to wait for what seemed like forever (probably under a minute) for the cashier to get done talking to the customer before me so I could pay for my 1 item and get on with my life.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.30712 seconds with 80 queries