Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #21
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,737
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

a sand blaster, so I can borrow it, then break it
High Center Hancho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #22
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,626
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbchevy View Post
Pp has a compressor for sale
its the same one i use. works pretty well!

beer fridge.
plasma cutter.
tons of electrical outlets.
tons of air outlets.
lots of scrap steel.
large garage broom.
kitty litter/oil dry.
creeper.
foam mats for laying on fenders or floors.
furnace.
air conditioner.
stereo system.
computer with internet.
4 bar stools
tons of rags.
bench grinder/wire wheel.
2 vices (large and small)
chop saw

garage slut/tool and beer shagger??

Last edited by joe_jeep; June 7th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #23
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,401
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

meth lab
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #24
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

single or triple phase power?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #25
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,401
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
single or triple phase power?
3 phase would be quite rare in a residential neighborhood. I tried to get DTE to run me a 3 phase line but they said local regs didn't allow it.

Maybe if he's out in the country or something, or right behind an industrial park.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #26
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
3 phase would be quite rare in a residential neighborhood. I tried to get DTE to run me a 3 phase line but they said local regs didn't allow it.

Maybe if he's out in the country or something, or right behind an industrial park.
makes a big difference. not hard to put in a phase converter but its important if you are running a welder or any bigger machine tools.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #27
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,737
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

not sure why anyone would want to stop people from putting 3phase in...its way a more stable power source
High Center Hancho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #28
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
not sure why anyone would want to stop people from putting 3phase in...its way a more stable power source
x a billion. my xmt 304 would weld way better on 3 phase.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #29
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,401
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
not sure why anyone would want to stop people from putting 3phase in...its way a more stable power source
Because if you have 3 phase, you are using 'industrial equipment', i.e. running a business out of your home. That's how the zoning board looks at it.

My area is zoned residential, no 3 phase allowed. Technically, I'm not supposed to have a welder or torches either. If my garage burns down, I'm screwed.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #30
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,401
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
makes a big difference. not hard to put in a phase converter but its important if you are running a welder or any bigger machine tools.
Phase converters suck. 80% efficiency is about the best you can do, and your power usage goes through the roof. That's why I put a single phase 6hp motor on my Quincy compressor. Nice having a constant 100psi air supply.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #31
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
Phase converters suck. 80% efficiency is about the best you can do, and your power usage goes through the roof. That's why I put a single phase 6hp motor on my Quincy compressor. Nice having a constant 100psi air supply.
thats nice if you are running cute little shit in your garage. he might be residential, but he has a decent sized garage. I can bet he can get 3 phase ran.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #32
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,401
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
thats nice if you are running cute little shit in your garage. he might be residential, but he has a decent sized garage. I can bet he can get 3 phase ran.
My garage is 1600 square feet. His garage will fit INSIDE my garage.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #33
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
My garage is 1600 square feet. His garage will fit INSIDE my garage.
ok you both have tiny little garages.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #34
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,401
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
ok you both have tiny little garages.
Yes, but we have huge penises.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #35
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
Yes, but we have huge penises.
lol skooter might, dont be grouping yourself in with him though.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #36
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,401
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
lol skooter might, dont be grouping yourself in with him though.
Hey, I can still see mine without a mirror.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #37
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,018
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Scooter_B, you need a major reality check. Your garage will be a messy pile of parts with little to no organization. As soon as you move in your garage will be filled from top to bottom, front to back with parts and un finished projects because that is what you own. If you really want to be organized and functional then turn off the hording desires and start to get rid of all of the shit that doesnt work, you dont need or will never finish. Im not trying to be a dick, just calling it as I see it. Start selling your crap, they make more every day. SELL
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #38
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,401
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Scooter_B, you need a major reality check. Your garage will be a messy pile of parts with little to no organization. As soon as you move in your garage will be filled from top to bottom, front to back with parts and un finished projects because that is what you own. If you really want to be organized and functional then turn off the hording desires and start to get rid of all of the shit that doesnt work, you dont need or will never finish. Im not trying to be a dick, just calling it as I see it. Start selling your crap, they make more every day. SELL
Holy fukc , were you in my garage?
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #39
cannaert
Beer ME!
 
cannaert's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-24-06
Location: Hartland/Fenton
Posts: 3,527
iTrader: (73)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cannaert
Default

As for a compressor I would make sure its has a 2 stage pump.
I got a 60 Gallon single stage pump and it runs for wile after the motor turns on and when I am running any of my body tools it will run and run and run and will never catch up. I can only work about 15 mins then let the compress re-gen for about ten minutes.

Lots of storage, work space and lighting is a must like other have said.
cannaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #40
RamboneXJ125
Newbie
 
Join Date: 03-14-12
Location: Beulah MI
Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

pictures of naked chicks are a garage must have
RamboneXJ125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.20150 seconds with 50 queries