|June 5th, 2012, 09:36 PM||#1|
1998.5 dodge ram 2500 24v cummins $6000 *sold
I am selling my 1998.5 24valve cummins. It is an extended cab long box dodge ram 2500. black exterior with grey interior. it has high miles (around 450k). interior is in pretty good shape with a nice aftermarket radio and has most power options (windows, mirrors, locks, alarm, seats, ect.) exterior is in a little rougher shape has rust, scratches, and small dents. it is still a very functional truck as a work truck/wood hauler/tow rig/daily driver.... just dont expect a show truck. I have owned it for approximatly the last 5 months and driven it everywhere, towed a few trailers around 5000 lbs and it has never let me down or missed a beat. When i got it, it was a farm truck and it was in pretty rough shape. i have spent a fair amount of time and money making this back into a safe and reliable DD.
- starts, runs, drives and stops great everytime i have asked it to even in the winter.
- holds great oil pressure and temp.
- no major leaks at all
- i have been getting around 19 MPG. (65% highway, 25% city, 10% expressway)
- all power options work (except A/C)
- K&N air filter
- stright pipe exhaust with 5" tip exiting in front of passenger rear tire (yes it is loud)
- tool box is included
- aftermarket steel wheels with 285's (40% tread)
new parts in last 5 months:
- speed sensor inside transmission
- front brake pads
- tie rods, drag link, track bar
- front drivers side u-joint
- lift pump
- fuel filter
- windshield wipers
- most blinker/brake/reverse bulbs
- front door speakers
- oil, power steering, and differential fluids changed
new used parts put on in last 5 months:
- steering box
- drivers mirror
- chrome front bumper
- carrier bearing for rear drive shaft
- front axle shaft disconnect has been welded into the locked position
- many scratches and dings
- rockers, door bottoms and wheel wells are rusty
- broken out slider in back window (repaired with plexiglass)
- high miles
- no A/C
- interior could use a good cleaning
- tires arent matched front to back (two pairs)
- tailgate handle broken
- washer fluid tank has leak
- oil pressure gauge, fuel level gauge and speedometer only work when they want to.
i am selling this because it wasnt what i really wanted in the first place so it is time to for it to find a new home before i spend too much time and money on a truck i dont really like. it is a great truck but i am a chevy guy so i am looking for a duramax. i know the list of "bad" is a little long but i am just trying to describe it the best i can. it is still a great truck and i would honestly trust it to drive anywhere empty or loaded.
i am kind of open to trades but am more looking to sell this to get a down payment on a duramax. i would be very happy to trade this and add cash in on your duramax!!!
i am asking $6000 OBO
if i had to consider trades they would be a harley or nice sport bike, nice XJ/TJ or even a really nice YJ.
drivers cab corner
passenger cab corner
drivers rear wheel well
passenger rear wheel well
passenger front fender
passenger side hood
Last edited by 1989gmc; March 16th, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
|June 5th, 2012, 09:48 PM||#2|
Join Date: 08-03-09
Location: Lansing/Mason Mi
Free bump I'm glad you brought her back to life! Amen brotha!! I dropped a 4.6 stroker in your old jeep and now she's goin in this week for custom paint!!
Good luck with your sale! Truck is a beast, I always said grab a chain an that truck will pull a house down!
Great guy too! I still own the jeep I traded this dodge for and its doing great!
|July 6th, 2012, 04:40 PM||#5|
bump pictures show the worst of the rust. the undercoating isnt real pretty up close but does a great job of making it look decent from 20 feet away. i planned to order a set of fender flares off ebay to cover the rest of the major rust, for $190 it would really clean up the look of the truck but i will leave that up to the next owner. http://www.ebay.com/itm/OE-STYLE-FEN...22a9ef&vxp=mtr
chrome front bumper will be installed in the next day or two.
Last edited by 1989gmc; July 8th, 2012 at 09:40 AM.