|May 23rd, 2012, 08:49 PM||#1|
Join Date: 04-16-08
Location: Goshen, IN 46528
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland FS - SOLD
Before this hits craigslist, thought I would see if there is any interest in this. We are going to be selling my wifes Daily Driver, a 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland.
It's the silverstone color, 4.7HO, 118k miles, Auto, AWD, Heated leather seats, AC, Cruise, CD with 10 disk changer, Moonroof, Tow hooks, full skid plates, 17" Overland specific wheels, Factory rock rails, Adjustable pedals, climate control, Fog lights, Drilled and slotted rotors all 4 corners, Remote start and alarm, think thats about it for options. It does not have a hitch. Gets decent fuel mileage considering, and it runs like a raped ape. The interior is just about immaculate, no rips or tears in the seats, exterior is pretty clean as well. We took this to the dunes last year and I was amazing. My wife drives this daily and we have put about 24,000 miles on it since we've owned it. We are selling it so that she can upgrade to a Suburban.
It has some problems, and the price will reflect it.
1. The AC does not work - don't know why, all I can tell you as that the compressor doesn't even turn on - could be as little as a bad switch, I dont know.
2. At times - completely random times - the transmission will shift hard. This started recently, I did change the fluid and filter and added Lucus Tranny stuff. I wonder if there is a TCM acting up?
3. The rear locker makes noise when you make super tight turns. This started after we bought it, I added some Mopar Friction modifier, and it shut it right up, but it just starting to do it again. I did not change the fluid when I did it, just added it, so it might need clean fluid.
4. This is weird, if there is a low tire it tells you just like it should(TPMS), however if all the tires are aired up properly, it gives some message about servicing pressure system(cant recall exact message)
5. Front tires are in bad shape, back have decent tread, but some weather checking, plan on replacing all four.
6. Rust bubble on passenger side rock rail, as well as several bubbles on rocker panel in front of drivers rear tire(where the rock rail mounts)
7. Just because I am particular I notice this, but all of the emblems the coating or whatever is peeling off them, so It could easily stand to be debadged.
Here is the KBB private party value on the Jeep:
I am asking $5,000 for it simply as that is what we owe, I am open to logical and reasonable discussion however. I feel this is priced around a "poor" condition if there was one. If you are SERIOUSLY interested I am willing to discuss it further, and I encourage anyone to come out and take it for a drive and we will go over it with a fine tooth comb. I will be up front and tell you absolutely everything I know about this vehicle.
PM me to discuss. NO TRADES!!!
More pics here: http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
I heart Jeeps
Last edited by green50gt; June 3rd, 2012 at 12:21 AM.
|June 1st, 2012, 07:09 AM||#4|
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: Fenton / Mi
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
GLWS - That is what I started out with. Great vehicle, the V8 makes nice power. Perfect opportunity to put a 4" lift on it and JK wheels and tires (probably cheaper than new tires).
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|