Originally Posted by fullthrottle
Your flooding the cylinders with fuel by constantly attempting to fire with no spark.
Replace the part (magnetic pickup aka crank sensor) before attempting anymore or you may be in danger of washing the cylinder walls with gas = bad. Only crank a few times to fire it up if it doens't start its time to get it to a mechanic.
Not true. A bad CPS will also cut fuel pulse. It will not spray fuel into the cyl as you say so cranking it will do nothing other than heat up your starter.
Good work on the repair