We will burn it down! - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 27th, 2012, 06:50 AM   #1
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,648
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default We will burn it down!

I say go ahead.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/P...z/-/index.html

(Watch video)
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #2
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,205
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

It's been said a million times. Just wall off the city and let the residents do whatever they feel they need to do. If they turn it into a shining city of gold, awesome. If it turns into a smoldering rubble heap, awesome.

With all of the shit that has happened in Detroit over the past decade how can people not see they have become the joke of the area, the state, and the nation?
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #3
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,415
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Ninjas gonna ninj.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #4
gmotox
Senior Member
 
gmotox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-08-08
Location: Waterford/Michigan 48327
Posts: 2,544
iTrader: (98)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Ninjas gonna ninj.
Yep
gmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #5
cornfed
I have an avatar. Yippee.
 
cornfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Happy Funtown U.S.A.
Posts: 4,106
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
It's been said a million times. Just wall off the city and let the residents do whatever they feel they need to do. If they turn it into a shining city of gold, awesome. If it turns into a smoldering rubble heap, awesome.

With all of the shit that has happened in Detroit over the past 5 decades how can people not see they have become the joke of the area, the state, and the nation?

Fixed.

Take him to Detroit!
cornfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #6
silveradoboy
Sam Brown
 
silveradoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-28-12
Location: Waterford/Cheyboygan
Posts: 1,922
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

It sucks because my step sister has a loft right downtown and it is amazing! I have so much fun everytime I go because there is always something cool going on in the city. But then you have the fucking low lifes and morons that give Detroit a bad name. The lazy people that just expect a handout and dont want to work for anything are ruining our city!!!!!
silveradoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #7
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,648
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveradoboy View Post
It sucks because my step sister has a loft right downtown and it is amazing! I have so much fun everytime I go because there is always something cool going on in the city. But then you have the fucking low lifes and morons that give Detroit a bad name. The lazy people that just expect a handout and dont want to work for anything are running our city!!!!!
fixxered
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #8
silveradoboy
Sam Brown
 
silveradoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-28-12
Location: Waterford/Cheyboygan
Posts: 1,922
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
fixxered
lol I guess thats another way to say it
silveradoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #9
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,648
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

I've defended Detroit for a long time, I like walking around downtown, and the majority of the people in Detroit I've had business with were decent folks.

But seriously- this is ridiculous. Cut them off. They don't want help, don't help them. No more state and Fed money. Let it sink. Too bad the rest on Michigan is tied so tightly to Detroit that it will drag the whole state down with it.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #10
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,971
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

White supremecy? The guy really thinks the white man is holding Detroit down? Did he already forget about how much the black man took from them?


Then again, I understand it's always someone elses fault.
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #11
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfed View Post
Fixed.

Take him to Detroit!
The Craw.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude.

__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #12
Ridin Dirty
kixx007 wants to be me
 
Ridin Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: Metamora,Mi.
Posts: 8,933
iTrader: (149)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I'll by them a crate of matches.
__________________
"It's all good. We've caught a lot nicer shit than this on fire"
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #13
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,419
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

All the protests have been scary lately. At least they have all been peaceful so far.
kerryann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #14
cornfed
I have an avatar. Yippee.
 
cornfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Happy Funtown U.S.A.
Posts: 4,106
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
The Craw.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude.

c.1977

cornfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #15
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,445
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
White supremecy? The guy really thinks the white man is holding Detroit down? Did he already forget about how much the black man took from them?


Then again, I understand it's always someone elses fault.
Or did he even pay attention who he was talking to? At least half the board he was addressing was black.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #16
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,851
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I would donate a bic lighter and 5 gallons of gasoline
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #17
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,890
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

and this is why detroit will always be the shit hole it is
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #18
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,205
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

This sure says a lot about the people of Detroit and how ignorant and short sighted they are.

What exactly did this guy think that statement would do?

A.) Its "your" city and the only people living there are "you". Why do I give any fucks if you burn it down?
B.) We have suggested the city be burned to the ground for years. Do you realize you would be doing us a great service by finally setting it ablaze?

Chad is sooooo right. This is a great example of why Detroit is unsavable. No matter how many businesses move down there or how many billions of dollars are pumped into restoring old buildings that city is a lost cause because the mindset of it's residents is something that can't be fixed.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:00 AM   #19
Ridin Dirty
kixx007 wants to be me
 
Ridin Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: Metamora,Mi.
Posts: 8,933
iTrader: (149)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
This sure says a lot about the people of Detroit and how ignorant and short sighted they are.

What exactly did this guy think that statement would do?

A.) Its "your" city and the only people living there are "you". Why do I give any fucks if you burn it down?
B.) We have suggested the city be burned to the ground for years. Do you realize you would be doing us a great service by finally setting it ablaze?

Chad is sooooo right. This is a great example of why Detroit is unsavable. No matter how many businesses move down there or how many billions of dollars are pumped into restoring old buildings that city is a lost cause because the mindset of it's residents is something that can't be fixed.
Yep. Doze it.
__________________
"It's all good. We've caught a lot nicer shit than this on fire"
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #20
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,415
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
The Craw.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude.

Kentucky Fried Movie?
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.20609 seconds with 83 queries