An Obituary, America (1776 - 2006) - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 10th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #1
ellsworthcj5
Madmudder amc360
 
ellsworthcj5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Waterford, Michigan
Posts: 242
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default An Obituary, America (1776 - 2006)

America, often referred to by her nickname “Land of the Free,” was killed today in Washington, DC, by a drunk driver. The driver has been identified only as Commander in Chief. She had been ill recently.

Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on July 4, her parents included Thomas Jefferson, Paul Revere, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine, Patrick Henry, and George Washington.

She was known in her youth as rebellious, and, after throwing off the shackles of a tyrannical dictator, she and her family pledged that they would prefer death to a life under an oppressor.

America was most proud of her offspring, Bill of Rights. She insisted that everyone be allowed to say or write anything about anybody, even in a newspaper. “My home is my castle,” she would often be heard saying. This meant that nobody had the right to come into her home or carry her off quietly during the night without a proven need to do so, and that need couldn’t be someone else’s hysteria. And, America was even comfortable agreeing to have a trial in public with impartial judges if she ever was believed to have done something wrong. Nothing made her angrier than to see someone punished when they had only been suspected of wrongdoing so she made sure that everyone had the right to confront their accusers and any witnesses in public. And, anticipating that big shots would forget or abuse the abstract ideals of justice, fairness, morality, and integrity, she made sure that all of us could get a good attorney if we ever needed one. America, just as all her brothers and sisters, hated cruel and unusual punishment. She cried all night with a broken heart when she learned that people were being tortured just for her safety. She learned well the lessons taught to her by her parents, and “Give me liberty or give me death” was not just a slogan to her.

She lived her life true to the highest ideals. Never fearful, America, Land of the Free, would enter any battle to help others. Generous with her wealth, she gave to others so that their lives might be more fulfilling. People around the world were attracted to her integrity, her sense of right versus wrong, and good versus bad. She said what she meant and meant what she said. She accepted responsibility for her own actions, and never falsely blamed others. Although her ideals were universal, many insisted that she be referred to as Christian.

Unwavering, America was never tempted to sacrifice her principles even when fired upon at Fort Sumter, bombed at Pearl Harbor, assaulted by Senator Joseph McCarthy, intimidated by night riders from the Ku Klux Klan, or mired in a winless war in southeast Asia.

Many are saddened by her demise, but those that will miss her most are Opportunity, Dreams, Promise, Honor, Hope, Vision, and Leadership.

Friends had been concerned about her illness. For six years, her doctors refused to admit there was anything wrong with her even while her symptoms deteriorated and her loved ones pleaded for intervention. Newspapers and television hastened her decline by refusing to ask her “care givers” why she seemed so out of control. This recent lack of judgment seems to have contributed to her willingness to get in the car with one who had repeatedly shown that he could not drive responsibly.

Her remains will probably be cremated, or just locked away in a vault somewhere in eastern Europe or Guantanamo Bay and forgotten.

Memorials may be made to any organization that fights for your rights.

thought i passed this one on..
ellsworthcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:09 PM   #2
Stone
Ultimate Mall Wheeler
 
Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Bay City, Rochester
Posts: 839
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Stone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsworthcj5
America, often referred to by her nickname “Land of the Free,” was killed today in Washington, DC, by a drunk driver. The driver has been identified only as Commander in Chief. She had been ill recently.

Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on July 4, her parents included Thomas Jefferson, Paul Revere, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine, Patrick Henry, and George Washington.

She was known in her youth as rebellious, and, after throwing off the shackles of a tyrannical dictator, she and her family pledged that they would prefer death to a life under an oppressor.

America was most proud of her offspring, Bill of Rights. She insisted that everyone be allowed to say or write anything about anybody, even in a newspaper. “My home is my castle,” she would often be heard saying. This meant that nobody had the right to come into her home or carry her off quietly during the night without a proven need to do so, and that need couldn’t be someone else’s hysteria. And, America was even comfortable agreeing to have a trial in public with impartial judges if she ever was believed to have done something wrong. Nothing made her angrier than to see someone punished when they had only been suspected of wrongdoing so she made sure that everyone had the right to confront their accusers and any witnesses in public. And, anticipating that big shots would forget or abuse the abstract ideals of justice, fairness, morality, and integrity, she made sure that all of us could get a good attorney if we ever needed one. America, just as all her brothers and sisters, hated cruel and unusual punishment. She cried all night with a broken heart when she learned that people were being tortured just for her safety. She learned well the lessons taught to her by her parents, and “Give me liberty or give me death” was not just a slogan to her.

She lived her life true to the highest ideals. Never fearful, America, Land of the Free, would enter any battle to help others. Generous with her wealth, she gave to others so that their lives might be more fulfilling. People around the world were attracted to her integrity, her sense of right versus wrong, and good versus bad. She said what she meant and meant what she said. She accepted responsibility for her own actions, and never falsely blamed others. Although her ideals were universal, many insisted that she be referred to as Christian.

Unwavering, America was never tempted to sacrifice her principles even when fired upon at Fort Sumter, bombed at Pearl Harbor, assaulted by Senator Joseph McCarthy, intimidated by night riders from the Ku Klux Klan, or mired in a winless war in southeast Asia.

Many are saddened by her demise, but those that will miss her most are Opportunity, Dreams, Promise, Honor, Hope, Vision, and Leadership.

Friends had been concerned about her illness. For six years, her doctors refused to admit there was anything wrong with her even while her symptoms deteriorated and her loved ones pleaded for intervention. Newspapers and television hastened her decline by refusing to ask her “care givers” why she seemed so out of control. This recent lack of judgment seems to have contributed to her willingness to get in the car with one who had repeatedly shown that he could not drive responsibly.

Her remains will probably be cremated, or just locked away in a vault somewhere in eastern Europe or Guantanamo Bay and forgotten.

Memorials may be made to any organization that fights for your rights.

thought i passed this one on..
America was never as perfect as this story makes it out to be. That being said there is no where else I'd rather live even today.

Also I found this quote from it particulary interesting based on the anti Bush inuendo's within the story.
Quote:
Never fearful, America, Land of the Free, would enter any battle to help others. Generous with her wealth, she gave to others so that their lives might be more fulfilling.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #3
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

O boy . . . I'm off to the bar but I can't wait to see the shit hit the fan from this post!! :tonka:
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:31 PM   #4
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,142
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Default

Why would you waste our times passing this on?
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM   #5
ellsworthcj5
Madmudder amc360
 
ellsworthcj5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Waterford, Michigan
Posts: 242
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=Super Stocker]Why would you waste our times passing this on?[/QUOTe

check i have my suit on

Last edited by ellsworthcj5; October 10th, 2006 at 08:45 PM.
ellsworthcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #6
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsworthcj5
Never fearful, America, Land of the Free, would enter any battle to help others. Generous with her wealth, she gave to others so that their lives might be more fulfilling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone
America was never as perfect as this story makes it out to be. That being said there is no where else I'd rather live even today.

Also I found this quote from it particulary interesting based on the anti Bush inuendo's within the story.
well for one in "the olden days" our troops lives were less valuable . We lost tens of thousands of troops in single battles in WWII for example. My grandpas life is only worth a fraction of a ENLISTED man today, dudes that were drafted well ... they are just kinda subhuman before 1980. Not really worth saving.

Also a difference those patriots listed didnt take shit from no one, they stood up for their rights, and there wasnt a strongly biased communist media seliing sob story agenda on the war 24/7. Clinton sent troops to i believe 10 different conflicts and i dont remember any bitching from our left leaning "unbiased media". I would love to hear whats different now than us in 'nam, or going to panama in the 80s, or somolia, or hati in the 90s (or 8 other places :tonka: clinton sent troops)

We used to be resiliant and never gave up look up the numbers for how many died in WWI WWII and the civil war. We have lost less than 4,000 troops, i dont take 4,000 lightly but you need context to judge the benefit and the cost. Much like bombing japan and killing a couple hundred thousand with the bomb saved many times that in ground war casualities for us and japan, the war against terror is costing us 1,000 guys per year or roughly 1/3 the lives of one large attack. Reducing the power of radical islam HAS TO BE done. we cant put it off for 20 years. Heck we should have been whooping as 20 years ago !!!

Last edited by jamiesann; October 10th, 2006 at 09:22 PM.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:37 PM   #7
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesann
Clinton sent troops to i believe 10 different conflicts and i dont remember any bitching from our left leaning "unbiased media". I would love to hear whats different now than us in 'nam, or going to panama in the 80s, or somolia, or hati in the 90s (or 8 other places :tonka: clinton sent troops)
I think that Vietnam is a pretty good comparison of Iraq, it was a bad idea then, and its a bad idea now.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 01:47 AM   #8
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,994
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova
I think that Vietnam is a pretty good comparison of Iraq, it was a bad idea then, and its a bad idea now.
But everything in between was OK? Or is it just the ones that the lib's send troops to Ok? Just like a Lib to pick and choose small parts of a sentance to respond to instead of the statement as a whole.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:32 AM   #9
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws
But everything in between was OK? Or is it just the ones that the lib's send troops to Ok? Just like a Lib to pick and choose small parts of a sentance to respond to instead of the statement as a whole.
Hey dipshit, libs sent troops to Vietnam. THIS JUST IN: JOHNSON WAS A DEMOCRAT! Just like a conservative to say something stupid. I'm not being partisan here, bad ideas is bad ideas.

Last edited by mikesova; October 11th, 2006 at 06:37 AM.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:24 AM   #10
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws
But everything in between was OK? Or is it just the ones that the lib's send troops to Ok? Just like a Lib to pick and choose small parts of a sentance to respond to instead of the statement as a whole.
Mike, you have to remember that he teaches shop class . . . I would imagine that the HISTORY department is in the other wing of the school. :tonka:
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:56 AM   #11
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,948
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
Mike, you have to remember that he teaches shop class . . . I would imagine that the HISTORY department is in the other wing of the school. :tonka:

I'm suddenly thinking of the shop teacher on SNL with all the missing fingers. :tonka:
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 09:05 AM   #12
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee
 
Icemanii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48085
Posts: 5,233
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Wow, you guys at central are so smart. Care to take an EDUCATED guess at to when Vietnam started? How about when the first American soldier was killed in Vietnam?

President Johnson sent large amounts of troops to Vietnam, not the first. Need to read more than the left wing news kids.

NEWSFLASH , mikey, you're almost as smart as you think you are, keep trying.
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 09:21 AM   #13
87'YJ
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
 
87'YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,651
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
Mike, you have to remember that he teaches shop class . . . I would imagine that the HISTORY department is in the other wing of the school. :tonka:
Its like the pot calling the kettle black.
87'YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #14
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii
Wow, you guys at central are so smart. Care to take an EDUCATED guess at to when Vietnam started? How about when the first American soldier was killed in Vietnam?

President Johnson sent large amounts of troops to Vietnam, not the first. Need to read more than the left wing news kids.

NEWSFLASH , mikey, you're almost as smart as you think you are, keep trying.
First, we weren't talking about the "First" troops in Vietnam, yes I realize that we had been in that area over a decade supporting the French before we went on the offensive in the conflict. Johnson was the first to send combat troops, but like i said before, he was talking about libs sending troops, not the first people to send troops, so your , well i guess you'd call it your point, is moot.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #15
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

NEWSFLASH! Read the posts before you respond. Also, are you trying to give credit for sending American troops to Vietnam to the Republicans? I mean, i guess i don't understand why you would want to do that, but whatever. Personally, I think it was rediculous to support the French because they wanted their colony back, but whatever, we weren't in combat. Definitely should have pulled out after the French pulled out. I place the blame for a majority of the losses of life squarely on the shoulders of LBJ and Nixon. Johnson shouldn't have sent them in the first place, and Nixon should have pulled them out much sooner. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose, but we are supposed to learn from these mistakes.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #16
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,142
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Default

Why are you comparing Vietnam to Iraq? In Vietnam, we lost a large amount of troops and gained nothing. In Iraq, we have lost a fraction of the troops and freed and entire country from a psychotic slaughtering dictator..
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #17
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Stocker
Why are you comparing Vietnam to Iraq? In Vietnam, we lost a large amount of troops and gained nothing. In Iraq, we have lost a fraction of the troops and freed and entire country from a psychotic slaughtering dictator..
until we eventually pull out, and it all comes crashing down.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #18
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,142
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova
until we eventually pull out, and it all comes crashing down.

We will never actually pull out of Iraq... same way we never completely pulled out of Korea. It'll be a forward base of operations for any future conflict in the middle East to supplement Dubai..
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #19
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee
 
Icemanii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48085
Posts: 5,233
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova
Hey dipshit, libs sent troops to Vietnam. THIS JUST IN: JOHNSON WAS A DEMOCRAT! Just like a conservative to say something stupid. I'm not being partisan here, bad ideas is bad ideas.

This is your exact quote mikey, you never said combat troops, and it was still in the 50's either way. But then, you're never wrong, so all those guys must have not been there. And yes, it was President Eisenhower who sent us in first.

Having no experience in Military matters, you don't have a clue about these things. Advisors didn't just stand around a parade field telling the South Vietnam troops how to do it in the field. They were out there with them in combat.

The more you post on this conflict the more you show what a total asshole you are. You are so one-sided on this democrat/republican issue you cannot even begin to call yourself a 'free-thinker'.
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:48 AM   #20
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii
This is your exact quote mikey, you never said combat troops, and it was still in the 50's either way. But then, you're never wrong, so all those guys must have not been there. And yes, it was President Eisenhower who sent us in first.

Having no experience in Military matters, you don't have a clue about these things. Advisors didn't just stand around a parade field telling the South Vietnam troops how to do it in the field. They were out there with them in combat.

The more you post on this conflict the more you show what a total asshole you are. You are so one-sided on this democrat/republican issue you cannot even begin to call yourself a 'free-thinker'.
ok, real slow now. I compared Vietnam to Iraq. Muddy Paws said I agreed only with sending troops when liberals did it. I pointed out that a Liberal did send troops to Vietnam , Lyndon B. Johnson and that I disagreed with this action. I didn't say he was the first or the last or what type of troops they were. So now very slowly I'm going to ask you a question...

Did Lyndon B. Johnson, a Democrat, send Troops to Vietnam?


Mostly the point of it was to show that Muddypaws was jumping down my throat because he assumed since I criticized Vietnam, it was a criticism towards Republicans, which if you knew anything about Vietnam, It was Johnson who escalated things, who, WAS A DEMOCRAT.

Last edited by mikesova; October 11th, 2006 at 11:51 AM.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.36993 seconds with 80 queries