Tigers '2012 - Page 7 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #121
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 10,219
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

And another blown call, what the fukc is the point in having an ump if they don't do there job?
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #122
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 10,219
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

Also, might I add this is the 5th time this year a blown call could fukc up the outcome of this game, as it would be 4-4 if the ump wasn't a blind old man, like 70% of them are.
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #123
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,372
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booblinker View Post
And another blown call, what the fukc is the point in having an ump if they don't do there job?
I told you it's a conspiracy, the call at 2nd and the pitch that shoulda been a strike, nevermind the other blown opportunities.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #124
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,372
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

did you see that homerun the umps just gave the red sox?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #125
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 10,219
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I told you it's a conspiracy, the call at 2nd and the pitch that shoulda been a strike, nevermind the other blown opportunities.
Did I ever say we weren't blowing opportunities? We are. But its hard to play when you are playing shitty,and having a hard time winning, and Blown calls a making it even harder.
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #126
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 10,219
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

also yes 95% my math is off, this is the 5th game outaa 50 some that bad calls have changed the final score of the game, so make it 90%.
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #127
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,372
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

get over the blaming the officials, I mean seriously, calls happen, you are only crying about them because they can't seem to win a game.

I mean......

17th in rbi's
13th in hr's
12th in hits
11th in runs
10th in the AL in wins,
20th overall in wins

19th in team ERA
18th in whip
25th in opponent batting average
21st in fielding percentage.



I mean, clearly, it's the refs fault that in 5 games (as you call it) they took one from the tigers, and the other 45 games the tigers stats are bad because of the officials.

seriously?

I mean fukc

Are you retarded?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #128
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 10,219
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

No it's the teams fault for playing like garbage, just so hard to see huge blown calls every other game, that could affect the outcome of the game, when they have such a hard time getting a win, and those few game would make a pretty big diff in the standing right now. Plus part of it is just to argue with you.
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 10:06 PM   #129
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,510
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Well that was a little better.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 10:15 PM   #130
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,510
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
get over the blaming the officials, I mean seriously, calls happen, you are only crying about them because they can't seem to win a game.

I mean......

17th in rbi's
13th in hr's
12th in hits
11th in runs
10th in the AL in wins,
20th overall in wins

19th in team ERA
18th in whip
25th in opponent batting average
21st in fielding percentage.



I mean, clearly, it's the refs fault that in 5 games (as you call it) they took one from the tigers, and the other 45 games the tigers stats are bad because of the officials.

seriously?

I mean fukc

Are you retarded?
7th in batting ave.

2nd in strikeouts by pitchers.

And I'm not blaming the Tigers poor play on the umps bad calls. I just think the umps suck lately.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 07:52 AM   #131
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,372
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
7th in batting ave.

2nd in strikeouts by pitchers.

And I'm not blaming the Tigers poor play on the umps bad calls. I just think the umps suck lately.
Sure, they have made some mistakes, but look at our pitching, outside of verlander what do we have right now? Our bullpen is terrible. We don't have another 15 win starter on the team, maybe only a couple 10 win starters.....


If this quinton barry kid continues to be legit I could get to liking him at second base (if he can field).

he single handedly won the game last night in my opinion. I mean I know its a team game, but the kid scored 2 runs, stole 47 bases, made a real nice play late in the game out in center field, etc.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 07:54 AM   #132
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,372
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booblinker View Post
Plus part of it is just to argue with you.
well I can get on board with that, but you will need a better argument than "the umps suck"
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:01 AM   #133
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,428
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

I have ALMOST given up.
I just want them to be fun to watch.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:03 AM   #134
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,372
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
I have ALMOST given up.
I just want them to be fun to watch.
last night was fun to watch, mostly because q berry forced them to play some exciting baseball by bunting, slapping singles, stealing bases, and making good catches in the outfield.

miggy is always fun to watch too, he runs the basepath so good for a big slow guy just by being smart....this team could be a riot if they could just put it all together.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:23 AM   #135
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,510
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Sure, they have made some mistakes, but look at our pitching, outside of verlander what do we have right now? Our bullpen is terrible. We don't have another 15 win starter on the team, maybe only a couple 10 win starters......
Smyly’s showing promise and if Fister can get healthy I think he will be good. Wins is not the best stat to judge pitchers by anyways, both Verlander and Scherzer are 5-3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
If this quinton barry kid continues to be legit I could get to liking him at second base (if he can field).

he single handedly won the game last night in my opinion. I mean I know its a team game, but the kid scored 2 runs, stole 47 bases, made a real nice play late in the game out in center field, etc.
Right. Cabrera’s 2 of 5, 1 RBI, Fielder’s 2 of 4, 2 RBI, 3 of 5, 2 RBI’s, and Coke, Benoit, and Valverde combining for 3 perfect innings had nothing to do with it.
Although I do like the “small ball” that a player like Berry brings to the game.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:25 AM   #136
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,372
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

who did cabrera send home? who did fielder send home?

I think his energy and spark and being the one to set the table for the big guys was huge.

Yes, it is a team game, but berry made a hell of a difference. at one point he was 3 for 3
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:41 AM   #137
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,428
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

I agree, wins for a pitcher is the DUMBEST stat in all of sports.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:04 AM   #138
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,510
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
who did cabrera send home? who did fielder send home?

I think his energy and spark and being the one to set the table for the big guys was huge.

Yes, it is a team game, but berry made a hell of a difference. at one point he was 3 for 3
Fielder and Young also got on base 3 times.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:19 AM   #139
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,372
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Fielder and Young also got on base 3 times.
how many times did they score by stealing bases and advancing on wild throws etc?

It's a team game, I already said that, but berry in my OPINION sparked the team and was the reason behind the win.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 11:06 AM   #140
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,510
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
how many times did they score by stealing bases and advancing on wild throws etc?

It's a team game, I already said that, but berry in my OPINION sparked the team and was the reason behind the win.
Cabrera did.

But I agree, Berry has provided a much needed spark for the team.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.24716 seconds with 80 queries