Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

79' Gmc stepside project

932 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  CBakes 
#1 · (Edited)
$900 firm. Started much higher and need the cash to finish another project.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with this at this point. I'm gonna list it for sale with as much info as I have. Truck runs well and drives down the street while only shifting from 1st to 2nd. It leaks both oil and trans fluid.I think trans fluid is from trans lines and I assume the trans needs rebuilt. Believe it to be th350 trans and NP203 tcase. It is a full time 4x4. I have not gone through this truck very closely and was going to build / replace driveline components as I went. Does have new tie rod ends, ball joints and wires. All lights on exterior seem to work too. Floor is rusted through in typical spots but surprisingly, the rockers aren't gone. The step side bed and fenders are very solid. Most rust could still be patched or replaced pretty easy to. Who ever painted it, got over spray on the grill, blinkers and such. The metal portion of the dash has also been spray bombed. All glass is good, and only the driver side mirror is cracked. The bench seat has a few rips in driver side. The tires are weather checked, and for the most part have no good tread left. I've never owned a full time 4x4 version, and hear some clunks when backing up as you first apply the gas. Could be axle shafts engaging or front d shaft. When fixing the floor, I would repair/ replace the body mounts. These are all typical things with these old trucks as most of us know. This should be a great project but I'm still trying to finish the Blazer and this will just set me back. $1500.

Attachments

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.