Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #1
3stratman
Let's Go Red Wings!
 
3stratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Location: Michigan
Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Bad feeling about the Trayvon Martin situation.

A few things worry me about what I think is going to result from the whole Trayvon Martin mess.

1: One thing I think is that the racial divide in this country is going to grow exponentially before this is over. It's never really gone away, and I think this is only going to make it worse.
2: I also think that if this does not end the way the angry mobs want it to, it's going to end up like the Rodney King deal in L.A., only on a national scale. The media and the Black Panthers are only fanning the flames, and no good is going to come from any of it.
3: This just might end up winning the election for Obama. I can just see all the ignorant non-voters going to the voting booths in November, thinking that they can't let a white guy back into the White House or else shit like this Trayvon deal will happen all the time.

IDK, maybe it's just me, but I don't see this ending well for the country.
3stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #2
Spence1986
SlowBalt SS
 
Spence1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Redford Michigan
Posts: 2,444
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Spence1986
Default

The idiot president should of never even got into the spot light on this one..
Spence1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #3
3stratman
Let's Go Red Wings!
 
3stratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Location: Michigan
Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

No doubt a political move when he said "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon"

Nothing like cashing in on the situation.
3stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #4
tctrojan17
Sexy and I know it.
 
tctrojan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-21-10
Location: traverse city
Posts: 888
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence1986 View Post
The idiot president should of never even got into the spot light on this one..
He stated if he had a son he would be like tryvon martin. This in itself is reason enough to never let that man back in office. He went spouting off about something he clearly had no idea about, with just a little bit of research he would of seen that he just told the nation that his son would of been someone who had violence issues, was terribly uneducated(assuming based on Trayvons twitter and facebook posts), and quite possibly a drug dealer(once again based off of twitter and facebook posts).
tctrojan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #5
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,190
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stratman View Post
A few things worry me about what I think is going to result from the whole Trayvon Martin mess.

1: One thing I think is that the racial divide in this country is going to grow exponentially before this is over. It's never really gone away, and I think this is only going to make it worse.
2: I also think that if this does not end the way the angry mobs want it to, it's going to end up like the Rodney King deal in L.A., only on a national scale. The media and the Black Panthers are only fanning the flames, and no good is going to come from any of it.
3: This just might end up winning the election for Obama. I can just see all the ignorant non-voters going to the voting booths in November, thinking that they can't let a white guy back into the White House or else shit like this Trayvon deal will happen all the time.

IDK, maybe it's just me, but I don't see this ending well for the country.

Maybe Obama set this all up...
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #6
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,474
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stratman View Post
A few things worry me about what I think is going to result from the whole Trayvon Martin mess.

1: One thing I think is that the racial divide in this country is going to grow exponentially before this is over. It's never really gone away, and I think this is only going to make it worse.
2: I also think that if this does not end the way the angry mobs want it to, it's going to end up like the Rodney King deal in L.A., only on a national scale. The media and the Black Panthers are only fanning the flames, and no good is going to come from any of it.
3: This just might end up winning the election for Obama. I can just see all the ignorant non-voters going to the voting booths in November, thinking that they can't let a white guy back into the White House or else shit like this Trayvon deal will happen all the time.

IDK, maybe it's just me, but I don't see this ending well for the country.
Not just you.

I was saying the same thing to my wife, based on the fact that while Zimmerman's action weren't smart, they weren't illegal.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #7
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,399
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
I was saying the same thing to my wife, based on the fact that while Zimmerman's action weren't smart, they weren't illegal.
Up until the fight started Trayvons actions weren't illegal either. After a certian point someone did something that was illegal. Of course Z's going to claim it wasn't him. We will never know for sure what the truth is.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #8
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 9,948
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

I am not concerned, but I own guns.
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #9
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 18,588
iTrader: (164)
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
I am not concerned, but I own guns.
True. Datt
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #10
mideerslayer
NEVER GIVE UP!
 
mideerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Clinton Township
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
I am not concerned, but I own guns.
and lots of ammo.

Like I said in a previous post history repeats itself, and this is the 60's all over!
mideerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #11
jaysusr
Senior Member
 
jaysusr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-10
Location: Oakland county.
Posts: 1,027
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

This country is more warm and fuzzie to the whole diversity thing then it's ever been ever. No one should be bitching about race relations these days. Just my .02.
jaysusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #12
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,399
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysusr View Post
This country is more warm and fuzzie to the whole diversity thing then it's ever been ever. No one should be bitching about race relations these days. Just my .02.
I wish I could agree.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #13
3stratman
Let's Go Red Wings!
 
3stratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Location: Michigan
Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysusr View Post
This country is more warm and fuzzie to the whole diversity thing then it's ever been ever. No one should be bitching about race relations these days. Just my .02.
It seems to me that "diversity" is really just imposed upon people at such places as their workplaces and educational institutions. Outside of that, I think most people are pretty much thinking "the hell with that crap". I know at my workplace, they have an "Embrace Diversity" bulletin board, but nobody even looks at it.
3stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #14
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,190
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Driving through Pontiac tonight and this post got me thinking... It might not be a bad idea to carry my pistol more often.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #15
mideerslayer
NEVER GIVE UP!
 
mideerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Clinton Township
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
Driving through Pontiac tonight and this post got me thinking... It might not be a bad idea to carry my pistol more often.
I have in he past few months only been carrying from time to time, now I wont walk out the door with out one. Even if i am just going to the corner store. You never know and since I have the permit its my god given right
mideerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #16
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,190
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mideerslayer View Post
I have in he past few months only been carrying from time to time, now I wont walk out the door with out one. Even if i am just going to the corner store. You never know and since I have the permit its my god given right

I'm sure he didn't think his day was going to go like that when he left the house...
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #17
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,474
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Up until the fight started Trayvons actions weren't illegal either. After a certian point someone did something that was illegal. Of course Z's going to claim it wasn't him. We will never know for sure what the truth is.
This is where 'reasonable doubt' comes in.


My prediction-

Zimmerman will hang for this if for no other reason than to preserve the peace.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #18
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,836
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Obie was losing ground in the black community.

Inserted himself into racially-charged situation, vastly increasing racial tension.

Black voting bloc re-energized.

Situation fixed.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #19
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,768
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Anyone ever notice that racist black people are typically poor and uneducated.....and racist white people are also typically poor and uneducated?

There are always exceptions to the rule....
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #20
mideerslayer
NEVER GIVE UP!
 
mideerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Clinton Township
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Anyone ever notice that racist black people are typically poor and uneducated.....and racist white people are also typically poor and uneducated?

There are always exceptions to the rule....
Al,Jessee, farakon(sp) are all well educated men and they are the ones that start the most fires Just my opinion.
mideerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.23544 seconds with 53 queries