Peddly bikes - Page 10 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 27th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #181
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,152
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

are you talking about the pictured pedals? If so those would be slightly used pedals WITH toe clips.

If you are talking about a seperate pair of shimano clipless pedals not pictured let me know how much you want for them and which pedal they are, I may take them off your hands.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 27th, 2014, 10:17 PM   #182
xj4life
Senior Member
 
xj4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: LaPorte, IN
Posts: 7,700
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Been out of the bike scene for a few years now, well more like a decade Thinking about picking up a used full suspension xc to replace my Homegrown hardtail. Can't think of anything good to look for other than Giant Trance, Trek Fuel, Specialized FSR. Any other suggestions? I've got a budget of around $1k
__________________
This is my Jeep. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Jeep is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My Jeep, without me, is useless. Without my Jeep, I am useless.
xj4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #183
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,791
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
are you talking about the pictured pedals? If so those would be slightly used pedals WITH toe clips.

If you are talking about a seperate pair of shimano clipless pedals not pictured let me know how much you want for them and which pedal they are, I may take them off your hands.


mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #184
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,152
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj4life View Post
Been out of the bike scene for a few years now, well more like a decade Thinking about picking up a used full suspension xc to replace my Homegrown hardtail. Can't think of anything good to look for other than Giant Trance, Trek Fuel, Specialized FSR. Any other suggestions? I've got a budget of around $1k
Used you can find a pretty nice bike for that price, I just let my 2009 Trek Fuel go for $750, though it needed some love it was a nicely spec'd bike.

Giant, Trek and Specialized will get you a pretty solid bike. I am also a fan of Transition bikes, I really want a bandit but haven't been able to find one in my price range yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post


Price?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 04:24 PM   #185
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,791
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Used you can find a pretty nice bike for that price, I just let my 2009 Trek Fuel go for $750, though it needed some love it was a nicely spec'd bike.

Giant, Trek and Specialized will get you a pretty solid bike. I am also a fan of Transition bikes, I really want a bandit but haven't been able to find one in my price range yet.



Price?
20$ plus the ride.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 09:14 PM   #186
ZJeepMI
Senior Member
 
ZJeepMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-25-08
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 474
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

My new Crux Elite that I picked up a couple months ago. I took my first ride ever with clipless pedals last weekend, loved it:



And my Hardrock that I bought last year and rode everywhere:

ZJeepMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:54 PM   #187
Toyfish
Senior Member
 
Toyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-05-10
Location: lapeer, MI
Posts: 2,132
iTrader: (30)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Im looking to upgrade my current bike which is a 2007 haro v1. I found both of these unsure of which one would be a better choice.
http://lansing.craigslist.org/bik/4388253764.html
http://lansing.craigslist.org/bik/4390530373.html

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Toyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 07:02 AM   #188
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,152
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

The stumpjumper is a higher quality bike all the way around. It is "mountain bike" quality. The RockHopper is "bike path" quality.

Something as simple as the bolt pattern on the chainrings on the rockhopper will not allow you to upgrade or replace them when worn very easily. The Stumpjumper on the other hand is standard 4 on 104 pattern and you'll be able to upgrade to the absolute highest quality or walk into any bike store for a standard replacement. The brakes are better, the shifters are better, the derailuers are better, the fork is better, etc.

All around it is a higher quality bike. Worth $100 to me.

The cheapest stumpjumper HT you can buy from specialized in 2014 is $2000.
The cheapest rockhopper HT you can buy from specialized in 2014 is $880.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #189
Toyfish
Senior Member
 
Toyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-05-10
Location: lapeer, MI
Posts: 2,132
iTrader: (30)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
The stumpjumper is a higher quality bike all the way around. It is "mountain bike" quality. The RockHopper is "bike path" quality.

Something as simple as the bolt pattern on the chainrings on the rockhopper will not allow you to upgrade or replace them when worn very easily. The Stumpjumper on the other hand is standard 4 on 104 pattern and you'll be able to upgrade to the absolute highest quality or walk into any bike store for a standard replacement. The brakes are better, the shifters are better, the derailuers are better, the fork is better, etc.

All around it is a higher quality bike. Worth $100 to me.

The cheapest stumpjumper HT you can buy from specialized in 2014 is $2000.
The cheapest rockhopper HT you can buy from specialized in 2014 is $880.
thats the answer i was looking for i did a little searching and found that the stumpjumper was a better bike but wasnt really sure if it was worth the $100
Toyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #190
Toyfish
Senior Member
 
Toyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-05-10
Location: lapeer, MI
Posts: 2,132
iTrader: (30)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

well i bought the 07 stumpjumper and i got it for $450
Toyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2014, 02:40 PM   #191
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,152
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

You got a nice bike at a pretty nice price. Enjoy.

I just went for my first road bike ride ever. I was pleasently surprised how much I enjoyed it, but I still stand by my years of roadie ridicule for their lack of bike handling abilities. Good training tool though, hopefully will help me get my legs under me earlier in the season than normal.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.20153 seconds with 54 queries