Obama Supporters? - Page 17 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 14th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #321
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,440
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

We have become of nation of freeloaders.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 14th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #322
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,440
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Masturbation is not a sin if you use your left hand reaching from behind you then between your legs.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #323
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,126
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
abortion.









Aren't you glad your mother chose life?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #324
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,232
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
just explaining what Christianity believes.
you are now a spokesmen for christianity? sweet when did you get the promotion?
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #325
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,004
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Deism. It works for me.
Atheism. It works for me.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #326
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,440
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Atheism. It works for me.
And as a Deist, I have no problem with that!
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #327
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,126
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
you are now a spokesmen for christianity? sweet when did you get the promotion?
I believe he is and he does a good job. Scott has a calling on his life to tell people about Jesus. He is not doing it on his own he has help, Somebody with alot of experience.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #328
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,440
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

This message is hidden because aber61 is on your ignore list.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #329
cj65
Senior Member
 
cj65's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: 48174
Posts: 3,897
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Aber61 please wipe off your face
cj65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #330
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,004
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
And as a Deist, I have no problem with that!
No problem with you being a Deist either! This is the one fundamental issue I have with religion. No one can accept other people's beliefs! I think Christianity is crazy, as I do with most religions. But, if people want to believe it, who cares! As long as it isn't being forced down my throat, I could care less.

Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one. It's fine to be proud of it. But please don't whip it out in public and please don't shove it down my kid's throats!
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #331
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,725
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

I find it interesting that in a forum called "politics, government or religion chat" that there are people here bitching about someone expressing their religious beliefs. If you don't want to hear someone talk about religion, don't go to the religious forum. No different than if you don't want to discuss politics, well......... don't. But to continue to argue, yes argue, and then say "don't tell me what to think" is silly. Read it if you like, ignore it or discuss it if you like but don't get all pissy when a person stays strong in their beliefs and opinions.

I really don't see LC4X or Aber "forcing" anything down your throats. Rather, they are comfortable in discussing something that many are not. Of the 2, LC4X tends to be willing to openly discuss items and IMO, speaks quite clearly.

Comments like this are only stated to incite an arguement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
Aber61 please wipe off your face
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #332
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,126
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I find it interesting that in a forum called "politics, government or religion chat" that there are people here bitching about someone expressing their religious beliefs. If you don't want to hear someone talk about religion, don't go to the religious forum. No different than if you don't want to discuss politics, well......... don't. But to continue to argue, yes argue, and then say "don't tell me what to think" is silly. Read it if you like, ignore it or discuss it if you like but don't get all pissy when a person stays strong in their beliefs and opinions.

I really don't see LC4X or Aber "forcing" anything down your throats. Rather, they are comfortable in discussing something that many are not. Of the 2, LC4X tends to be willing to openly discuss items and IMO, speaks quite clearly.

Comments like this are only stated to incite an arguement.
I thank you for your comment whiterino.
I beleive that some on here like to argue the points because they think they are well versed about Christians from what they heard but yet have to open a bible and study it. Some say they have read the bible and say it is full of contradictions without understanding what it means.
I also believe some here are curious and want to learn more which is why we continue to answer questions. The ones that say it is being crammed down their throats i beleive they are in some way being convicted of who they are and how they are living thier lives.
As for comments like cj65 I ignore those because he is truly ignorant and does not fully understand and I don't blame him.
Again thanks for speaking up.
In the future I will attempt to debate more as opposed to seem closed minded. I will not be swayed from my beliefs but will resectfully appriciate others point of view. Abe
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #333
Zach4739
2005 Willys
 
Zach4739's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-11
Location: Livonia
Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

only reson he will get vote is because uneducated "insert racial slur here" vote for him cause hes part black so he get all the black votes
Zach4739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #334
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,725
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I thank you for your comment whiterino.
I beleive that some on here like to argue the points because they think they are well versed about Christians from what they heard but yet have to open a bible and study it. Some say they have read the bible and say it is full of contradictions without understanding what it means.
I also believe some here are curious and want to learn more which is why we continue to answer questions. The ones that say it is being crammed down their throats i beleive they are in some way being convicted of who they are and how they are living thier lives.
As for comments like cj65 I ignore those because he is truly ignorant and does not fully understand and I don't blame him.
Again thanks for speaking up.
In the future I will attempt to debate more as opposed to seem closed minded. I will not be swayed from my beliefs but will resectfully appriciate others point of view. Abe
I didn't say what I said to defend you. Rather, to point out to others that getting pissy and rude is not right. On a personal note, I find you to be more arguementative than I care for. But, I shrug it off. Like Kickstand, I am a Christian but I'm not a believer in carrying the arguement to those that want to argue. Why? Because I am a bigger believer in the Golden Rule. I absolutely hate it when the Jehovah's Witness people walk up my driveway and I have to be rude to get rid of them. So, if I don't like them being pushy to me, why would I be pushy to someone else? I also believe that although the Bible seems very accurate, I am enough of a realist to realize that many of the stories written were historically "close" but we all know that the science and understanding thousands of years ago was a best guess, at best. So, those that want to argue can easily find holes to poke at. And, in many cases, they can be right. So why box yourself into a corner defending a story that is sketchy just because it is in the Bible? The biggest difference is whether a person is willing to have "FAITH".

Is there a God exactly the way the Bible describes? I don't know. But I have given enough thought to our world to realize that it is way too perfect to be pure evolution. I believe in a higher being. I was raised as a Christian and it makes good sense to me. But I think that argueing over semantics is silly and I take offense to both Christians and non Christians for making a circus out of it.

That's about it for my once every 5 years comment on religion. I'm more likely to discuss morality and living by the Golden Rule.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #335
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,126
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
atheism. It works for me.
Click image for larger version

Name:	421973_346636125375833_100000883456045_936511_1954671790_n[1].jpg
Views:	40
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	90373
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #336
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,126
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I didn't say what I said to defend you. Rather, to point out to others that getting pissy and rude is not right. On a personal note, I find you to be more arguementative than I care for. But, I shrug it off. Like Kickstand, I am a Christian but I'm not a believer in carrying the arguement to those that want to argue. Why? Because I am a bigger believer in the Golden Rule. I absolutely hate it when the Jehovah's Witness people walk up my driveway and I have to be rude to get rid of them. So, if I don't like them being pushy to me, why would I be pushy to someone else? I also believe that although the Bible seems very accurate, I am enough of a realist to realize that many of the stories written were historically "close" but we all know that the science and understanding thousands of years ago was a best guess, at best. So, those that want to argue can easily find holes to poke at. And, in many cases, they can be right. So why box yourself into a corner defending a story that is sketchy just because it is in the Bible? The biggest difference is whether a person is willing to have "FAITH".

Is there a God exactly the way the Bible describes? I don't know. But I have given enough thought to our world to realize that it is way too perfect to be pure evolution. I believe in a higher being. I was raised as a Christian and it makes good sense to me. But I think that argueing over semantics is silly and I take offense to both Christians and non Christians for making a circus out of it.

That's about it for my once every 5 years comment on religion. I'm more likely to discuss morality and living by the Golden Rule.
I still thank you for your post. I am passionate about Christ and do believe as Christians we should tell others about Him. There are plenty of people that know nothing about Christ and if is was not for a few bold people to speak out and say something who knows if those people will ever hear about Christ again. Some people as yourself do not feel comfortable doing that and it is ok. But the little you do say does have an impact on others here.
I do tend to get somewhat argumentive and pushy which I do appologize to everybody for that.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #337
3stratman
Let's Go Red Wings!
 
3stratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Location: Michigan
Posts: 711
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Two down, one to go...courtesy of a lot of people who will back Obama again....

3stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #338
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,510
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stratman View Post
Two down, one to go...courtesy of a lot of people who will back Obama again....

Which 2 are you blaming on Obama?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #339
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,990
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
you are now a spokesmen for christianity? sweet when did you get the promotion?
When I was saved.

Seriously though. I've been in the world of Christianity for 26 years. Through out those years I've changed my opinions on minor things. However, My understanding of God's Grace as it applies to my life has never stopped or changed. That's why I share what I do.

I've been apart of thousands of Discussions exactly like this. Doctrine of different churches, apologetics, theology, etc. I enjoy them as long as it's a conversation and the two people listen and respond to each other.


Christ has called all Christians to be Ambassadors to the world. I am only one of many ambassadors to GL4x4.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #340
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,232
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
When I was saved.

Seriously though. I've been in the world of Christianity for 26 years. Through out those years I've changed my opinions on minor things. However, My understanding of God's Grace as it applies to my life has never stopped or changed. That's why I share what I do.

I've been apart of thousands of Discussions exactly like this. Doctrine of different churches, apologetics, theology, etc. I enjoy them as long as it's a conversation and the two people listen and respond to each other.


Christ has called all Christians to be Ambassadors to the world. I am only one of many ambassadors to GL4x4.
congrats...however that doesn't give you the right to speak for everyone...all Christians do not share the same views and beliefs...they are not of one mind
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.44287 seconds with 81 queries