Obama Supporters? - Page 15 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #281
toast
i break stuff
 
toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-14-07
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 480
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
oh, ok, so you're a hypocrit. Got it, duely noted. Toast can call your religion fake, but I'm guessing you can't call his fake. You can call it what ever you want, and many have. It is my personal belief and that is something that will never change. I believe what I believe and that is good enough for me. The only thing I asked is that my beliefs, were respected. That's all. But if you feel the inclination to use my Gods name in vain, it is your choice. And I don't know fi you noticed, but there are many people that take another persons beliefs and trash them as you have trashed mine. But I still welcome the opportunity to talk further about itAnd I know you can't say jesus christ in vain as it will offend him (fair enough) but you can same allah damnit, and that won't offend him. Of course not, I am not muslim You are mis-construing the words. I am not offended, others may be and for that I am sorry for them and for their feelings being scuffed. The reason I typed the examples is because I was illustrating how ridiculous it would be to say those examples I provided, so that what ABER61 suggested would finally be seen as the sarcastic comment I think it was.

I don't think anyone is here to do anything other than debate, discuss, argue, poke fun, etc. [COLOR="Red"]You could not be anymore right, as that is all a forum is [R]

I welcome that you are willing to call me and explain yourself, but just don't see why given multiple different examples to explain why it's ok for you to call another religion fake you can't just explain it on here. It's not that hard. I'm not interested in wasting a half hour on the phone with you during my free time, I'd rather just read your response while I am working.
So do you "have a dog in this fight" or are you just inputing your opinion? If so you are entitled to it without having me get in your grill about it. I am just wondering what your personal stance is in this conversation. You asked me to explain, and the best way I know how is to try to do this via phone or in person.

In the end there will always be someone to argue this till they die, and some have for it. I not trying to pick a religious battle on a forum designed about 4 wheeling but do see that opportunities do present themselves, and those are hard to ignore.
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 12th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #282
toast
i break stuff
 
toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-14-07
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 480
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctrojan17 View Post
I have found educating yourself with the Bible is not the greatest idea since it seldom ever gives logical reasoning behind anything. When i was younger and tried attending multiple church's I found that the pastor's do not like people who ask questions and expect a rational response back.
well I am very sorry for that. And for the record it is not just the bible that I use for my referencing. Logical reasoning. Faith can sometime be considered a mystery and unless you have it, I can see how that the Bible can seem confusing at times

Last edited by toast; March 12th, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #283
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
so it's not ok to offend you by using jesus christ' name in vane, but it's ok to do so using mohammad or allah?

You're not a christian, you're a hypocrit living in a glass house.
For starters Islam is a false religion. You could use Gods name in vane and there will be no Christians going to kill you but you say that to a muslim and you know what they are commanded to do. Christains are very tolerent as opposed to muslims. You can see what happened to the American soilders that accidentally burned a few korans. Not so much as an ounce of tolerence there.
As for me being a Christian, I try to do my best but according to you and others that judge me for comments I make. I guess there is no such thing as forgiveness from non-believers. But thats ok, because I'm rubber and you're glue
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #284
toast
i break stuff
 
toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-14-07
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 480
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
For starters Islam is a false religion. You could use Gods name in vane and there will be no Christians going to kill you but you say that to a muslim and you know what they are commanded to do. Christains are very tolerent as opposed to muslims. You can see what happened to the American soilders that accidentally burned a few korans. Not so much as an ounce of tolerence there.
As for me being a Christian, I try to do my best but according to you and others that judge me for comments I make. I guess there is no such thing as forgiveness from non-believers. But thats ok, because I'm rubber and you're glue
UhOh.......some body else said it.........here we go.....aaaannnnd...GO!
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #285
Christmas Cookie
rack tap re-rack click
 
Christmas Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,530
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
UH...Yes I am. And you know how I am HCH....

you asked for forgiveness however you haven't turned from your sins...hence you are not forgiven.
Christmas Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #286
toast
i break stuff
 
toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-14-07
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 480
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
you asked for forgiveness however you haven't turned from your sins...hence you are not forgiven.
Please tell me where you have found fault in what I have said that I have not already addressed. From one Christian to another......as I am not too proud to admit where I am wrong
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #287
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,607
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

The one thing that is getting trampled upon and downtrodden is the simple issue of FAITH.

People of religion have it - otherwise they wouldn't be believers. It is this faith that also allows them to follow what they interpret in the bible as fact and that there are no other religions besides Christianity.

It really is that simple. And my one biggest problem of accepting Christianity, or any other religion, for that matter. I don't have faith, as I am not willing to take Jesus/God's words (as interpreted by man) as truth. I know one thing: I am not God. That's about all I'm comfortable saying with respect to religion.

So, if one has faith and devout, and his God tells him that other religions are false - that is *not* hypocrisy - that is their belief of other religions as told to them by their Lord and as far as they're concerned: Law.
It's not a matter of who is right or who is wrong on a personal basis, but rather how a person feels based on how strong a faith they have (or don't).


Now, would everyone just chill the mutherfuckin firstborn's turd out?
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #288
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckupq View Post
That's the problem, he's not being sarcastic. He's actually meaning it. He's no better than a muslim, yet he holds himself higher.
You don't know me at all, I do not think of myself as higher than anybody. We are all equal and all bleed red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
with a coexist avatar, and such a thin skinned reaction to someone else using the term Jesus Christ I'd figure he wouldn't then point to someone elses religion as an acceptable form of expressing "jesus christ"
.....
Who are you to determine that anyone elses god is any more real, or false then your own? That's a bit hypocritical isn't it?

What's your argument? You met jesus, but they haven't met allah or whoever they believe in? Or someone told you jesus was real but their god isn't?

This is the problem with religion, you guys are so open minded and accepting of the idea of YOUR religion, but have the same disrespect for someone elses as some else has of yours, but YOURS is more important and needs to be respected?
Why would you say I am thinned skinned because I find the term offensive? I made a comment that I find it offensive. If somebody verbally attacked you or your family I'm sure your skin would get pretty thin in a hurry. Not saying thats the right thing to do but it happens, and people tend to get defensive when making accusations about our loved ones. One day you will answer for everything you say and do just like me.
As for knowing that my God is real, yes to me He is because I've accepted HIm for who He said He is. When I did that He showed Himself to me, then He does things in your life that you cannot explain and you just know that something is different.
When you hunt for a precious treasure, something worth more than you could ever imagine. You don't find anything of worth just lying around. You dig and hunt and don't stop looking for it till you find it. Jesus is that treasure. When you find Him He will radically change your life and then there is not turning back.
We have people living in the mid east that at one time were muslims and found Jesus and accepted Him as thier God. When Muslims find out that they rejected Islam they are sought after and killed unless they reject Christianity and most die willingly. In Iran there is a pastor(Christian) that was a muslim and the Iranian authorities have him in prison and are going to hang him for it. He will not reject Jesus and he will die for his cause. Because he knows what God has done for him anwill give his life for it. Is there anything you love enough that you would be willing to die for?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #289
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
Actually I think you defined 90% of Christians.
We are all hypocrits in one way or another, we also have room for one more.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #290
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,997
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
So do you "have a dog in this fight" or are you just inputing your opinion? If so you are entitled to it without having me get in your grill about it. I am just wondering what your personal stance is in this conversation. You asked me to explain, and the best way I know how is to try to do this via phone or in person.

In the end there will always be someone to argue this till they die, and some have for it. I not trying to pick a religious battle on a forum designed about 4 wheeling but do see that opportunities do present themselves, and those are hard to ignore.
I do have a dog in this fight, when you are able to discredit others beliefs based on faith, not fact, I find that offensive that someone could be so closedminded as to not be willing to see someone elses point of view.

I asked a simple question, worded multiple ways, I guess I will try again.

If I insult something you believe in, and you find that offensive, why is it ok for you to discredit or insult something others may believe in? Due unto others and you would like done to yourself? the golden rule? no? not applicable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post



Why would you say I am thinned skinned because I find the term offensive? I made a comment that I find it offensive. If somebody verbally attacked you or your family I'm sure your skin would get pretty thin in a hurry. Not saying thats the right thing to do but it happens, and people tend to get defensive when making accusations about our loved ones. One day you will answer for everything you say and do just like me.
As for knowing that my God is real, yes to me He is because I've accepted HIm for who He said He is. When I did that He showed Himself to me, then He does things in your life that you cannot explain and you just know that something is different.
?
I apologize for the thin skinned comment, but I see no mention in any of your posts why it would be ok to say allah damnit, instead of god damnit, or muhammed, instead of jesus christ....why is that ok to you a non believer of the muslim religion, but as someone is possibly not a believer in christianity it's not ok for me to say jesus christ?

You can't have your cake and eat it too
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #291
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Deism. It works for me.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #292
tctrojan17
Sexy and I know it.
 
tctrojan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-21-10
Location: traverse city
Posts: 888
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
The one thing that is getting trampled upon and downtrodden is the simple issue of FAITH.

People of religion have it - otherwise they wouldn't be believers. It is this faith that also allows them to follow what they interpret in the bible as fact and that there are no other religions besides Christianity.
It seems this could be related to Obama followers as well. They have Faith in him, which allows them to interpret what he says as fact and all others are wrong.
tctrojan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #293
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I do have a dog in this fight, when you are able to discredit others beliefs based on faith, not fact, I find that offensive that someone could be so closedminded as to not be willing to see someone elses point of view.

I asked a simple question, worded multiple ways, I guess I will try again.

If I insult something you believe in, and you find that offensive, why is it ok for you to discredit or insult something others may believe in? Due unto others and you would like done to yourself? the golden rule? no? not applicable?


I apologize for the thin skinned comment, but I see no mention in any of your posts why it would be ok to say allah damnit, instead of god damnit, or muhammed, instead of jesus christ....why is that ok to you a non believer of the muslim religion, but as someone is possibly not a believer in christianity it's not ok for me to say jesus christ?

You can't have your cake and eat it too
Apology Accepted.
My thinking is that as mentioned earlier it does not sound right "allah damit" and so on.
As Christians we look at blasphmy as very serious thing. We see our God as the one and only God, all others are false. Allah will not save you from your sins nor has he ever said he could or would. That is not is his teaching.

We see our God as the creator of the universe and everything in it.
I see it like this, My God can create anything from stars, black holes, planets and galaxies to organizims so small you need a microscope to see em. If He can do all that without lifting a finger, the last thing I would want to do is call Him names.
I understand it is difficult for you and others here to wrap your brains around this person we call Jesus and what He is capable of, but once He reveals Himself to you, your life will never be the same.
It's hard to explain but I used to think just as you. I would never go back to what and who I was. It would be like a dog going back to it's vomit, for me.
At some point in our life here we will all have to answer to God for what we did and didn't do, said and didn't say. I don't want to stand before Him and be told why didn't you tell Kickstand about me?
What pushes me to tell others about Christ is a passage, he who denies me before men, I will deny him before my Father in heaven. That scares the crap out of me.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #294
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,997
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Default

You have no idea what my religious beliefs are. I have not shared them with you. I just simply don't understand why you can't be respectful of others religious beliefs as you are asking others to be of yours. That is simply it.

You don't have to believe in Islam to be respectful of those who are. Just like the person who says Jesus Christ in vain doesn't have to believe in christianity to be respectful of your wishes that he doesn't say the name in vain.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #295
toast
i break stuff
 
toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-14-07
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 480
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I do have a dog in this fight, when you are able to discredit others beliefs based on faith, not fact, I find that offensive that someone could be so closedminded as to not be willing to see someone elses point of view.

I asked a simple question, worded multiple ways, I guess I will try again.

If I insult something you believe in, and you find that offensive, why is it ok for you to discredit or insult something others may believe in? Due unto others and you would like done to yourself? the golden rule? no? not applicable?


I apologize for the thin skinned comment, but I see no mention in any of your posts why it would be ok to say allah damnit, instead of god damnit, or muhammed, instead of jesus christ....why is that ok to you a non believer of the muslim religion, but as someone is possibly not a believer in christianity it's not ok for me to say jesus christ?

You can't have your cake and eat it too
I too will try this again one more time. I am happy to copy and paste the chapters in Genesis that have to do with this, and how that was a start of the muslim faith and how it relates to the the father, son and holy ghost. But its all on the internet. Google it, its easy. Why take my word for it when its all there. I recommend this because it takes effort to gain an understanding of this, as well as it takes effort to learn about muslims.

None of this was ever meant to attack the muslim faith. We went down this road because I asked kindly, to not take my Gods name in vain, and people jumped on this. Its an easy target and gains momentum. I don't mind the comments. In fact it makes me realize that there are different approaches I can take when in this situation. I have not, and will not take the path of least resistance and just give up on this. It is what I believe the strongest in and will maintain that through eternity.

I don't have to discredit the muslim faith, it has been done time and time again, and I imagine that you have heard that before. I am wondering if you are a practicing muslim, or is it that you take offense as a whole to that of Christianity and how myself and others are talk about it.

Now, if it happened that someone made a bad comment about muslim, I would try to divert the conversation towards something else, cause it flares anger and that is something that is not good for the sole. I would not expect that a Muslim would step in if the roles were reversed either.

So, to sum it up, if you are a muslim, and what I said offended you, it was not intentional that you took it on the chin. I speak from what I have learned adn have been taught. I believe it to be fact and therefor was speaking from what I believe to be factual, not emotional and irrational.

So I hope that this clears it up. If not, I guess I don't have the words that you are ultimately looking for. A person can kill themselves trying to make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time.

toast
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #296
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
You have no idea what my religious beliefs are. I have not shared them with you. I just simply don't understand why you can't be respectful of others religious beliefs as you are asking others to be of yours. That is simply it.

You don't have to believe in Islam to be respectful of those who are. Just like the person who says Jesus Christ in vain doesn't have to believe in christianity to be respectful of your wishes that he doesn't say the name in vain.
You are correct that I have no idea what your religious beliefs and no you have not shared them with me.
I can respect others for thier religious beliefs even if I dont agree with it. I can have respect for the person but not for thier religion.
By what you post and how you tear others apart with your intelect because you think less of them and disagree with others point of view you have no relationship with Jesus Christ.
You may have religion which is completly different.
I say these things with no disrespect intended only to inform you how I see you.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #297
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Bible = absolute fact = retard
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #298
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

If a man is getting beat to death by another man and the victom's wife kicks the attacker in the balls, she's going to burn in hell. The Bible sez so.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #299
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Why does God have a penis? What would he use if for? (Holy) Spirited masturbation?
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #300
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

God helps a sports star win a game. Same God lets a little girl die of cancer.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.46840 seconds with 81 queries