Man Sues Secret Service Agent Over Arrest After Approaching Cheney and Denouncing War - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 9th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #21
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,446
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova
well going by the article instead of just making up what you think could have happend is generally my policy. Sheep ! BAAAAAAAAAAAHH.

I happen to be married to a man.. someone who would probably walk up to someone and disrespect them (even you cant argue that about mschaffer), and I can tell you that if he is passionate enough to do that, he isnt going to use his church language. Maybe I am wrong.. maybe he was like " I think your policy is bad, thank you for letting me speak to you sir" and walked away. No man I have ever met in my life is like that.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 9th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #22
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

He could have called him, "a fucking tool" . . . . what's the difference?
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #23
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann
I happen to be ... a man.. someone who would probably walk up to someone and disrespect them (even you cant argue that about mschaffer), and I can tell you that if he is passionate enough to do that, he isnt going to use his church language. Maybe I am wrong.. maybe he was like " I think your policy is bad, thank you for letting me speak to you sir" and walked away. No man I have ever met in my life is like that.
well, not all men are redneck white trash idiots.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #24
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

do you know what exactly he is sueing for sova? I have only heard this case from you. I know of cases where guys were wrongfully arrested and imprisoned for years and got nothing. Other times where the case was fixed by crooked police or the system fails the guy etc you can get like 10-15 grand per year for being in hardcore prsion. This guy didnt even spend 2 days behind bars? I have no idea what kinda hack lawyer would take this case or what kind of damages they think they can get.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #25
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesann
do you know what exactly he is sueing for sova? I have only heard this case from you. I know of cases where guys were wrongfully arrested and imprisoned for years and got nothing. Other times where the case was fixed by crooked police or the system fails the guy etc you can get like 10-15 grand per year for being in hardcore prsion. This guy didnt even spend 2 days behind bars? I have no idea what kinda hack lawyer would take this case or what kind of damages they think they can get.
No, i wasn't really interested in the lawsuit, i just think it was bullshit that he got arrested.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 11:57 PM   #26
ellsworthcj5
Madmudder amc360
 
ellsworthcj5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Waterford, Michigan
Posts: 242
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

how far is it from being called a terroist? if you have a different view of your government.
we are there my friend.
did you hear about the grandma in jail for putting up anti war signs? yeah it didnt hit mainstream media.

Last edited by ellsworthcj5; October 10th, 2006 at 12:01 AM.
ellsworthcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #27
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,446
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova
well, not all men are redneck white trash idiots.
Redneck yes
White trash? I am sure he earns twice what you do, and what you will earn with your degree from CMU
Idiot.. hmm actually he's a genius
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:30 PM   #28
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann
Redneck yes
White trash? I am sure he earns twice what you do, and what you will earn with your degree from CMU
Idiot.. hmm actually he's a genius

mmmkay I'm just saying, some of us can be civil in public, if your husband can't whatever, I don't really care, but If you can't, well I'm sure that will take you far.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:31 PM   #29
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee
 
Icemanii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48085
Posts: 5,233
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

So, in reading more than one report on this, I find he did not get arrested for anything he said but for assult.

"Minutes later, when he was returning through the area with another son, Secret Service agent Virgil D. "Gus" Reichle Jr. questioned him, handcuffed him and told him he would be charged with assaulting the vice president, the lawsuit said."

Not saying what happened to him was right but I never believe just one side of a story, especially when presented by someone with an agenda to promote. The guy was with 'one son' when he approached to with 3 feet of the VP and reached out and touched him. (not a smart move in the first place to be reaching for the President or VP in a crowd). He also admits he might have touched the VP. He then disappears into the crowd and comes back minutes later with another son and again approaches. I'm surprised he wasn't eating tile rather than just being arrested. After talking to the Secret Service, the charge was reduced.

Again, I'm not saying the agent was right, but then I don't think the man is as innocent as he is trying to portray himself. As in anything like this, there are three sides, the cops, the suspect, and the truth. So far, most of the talk has been from one side only.

Love the fact that his lawsuit is filing for money for "loss of enjoyment of life." What the hell does that mean, give me lots of money and I'll be happy?
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 02:35 PM   #30
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,446
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii
So, in reading more than one report on this, I find he did not get arrested for anything he said but for assult.

"Minutes later, when he was returning through the area with another son, Secret Service agent Virgil D. "Gus" Reichle Jr. questioned him, handcuffed him and told him he would be charged with assaulting the vice president, the lawsuit said."

Not saying what happened to him was right but I never believe just one side of a story, especially when presented by someone with an agenda to promote. The guy was with 'one son' when he approached to with 3 feet of the VP and reached out and touched him. (not a smart move in the first place to be reaching for the President or VP in a crowd). He also admits he might have touched the VP. He then disappears into the crowd and comes back minutes later with another son and again approaches. I'm surprised he wasn't eating tile rather than just being arrested. After talking to the Secret Service, the charge was reduced.

Again, I'm not saying the agent was right, but then I don't think the man is as innocent as he is trying to portray himself. As in anything like this, there are three sides, the cops, the suspect, and the truth. So far, most of the talk has been from one side only.

Love the fact that his lawsuit is filing for money for "loss of enjoyment of life." What the hell does that mean, give me lots of money and I'll be happy?
X2... that is what I was trying to say. We don't have more than his biased version of events. He has something to gain from this incident. If he drops his suit and then tries to make a change in the policies somehow maybe he would be more credible.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 04:11 AM   #31
JellyBelly
Senior Member
 
JellyBelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-25-06
Location: Dewitt
Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Mr. Howards, 54, said at a news conference here that he was taking his 8-year-old son to a piano lesson on June 16 at the Beaver Creek Resort about two hours west of Denver when he saw Mr. Cheney at an outdoor mall. Mr. Howards said he approached within two feet of Mr. Cheney and said in a calm voice, “I think your policies in Iraq are reprehensible,” or as the lawsuit itself describes the encounter, “words to that effect.”
You get within two feet of a VP and say something argumentative (even calmly) you should consider yourself lucky if the Secret Service doesn't take you down at gunpoint.

It could've been Al Gore as VP I'd be saying the same thing. Our Secret Service doesn't suffer fools lightly when they're protecting politicians.

Hopefully the judge will dismiss the dumbass's lawsuit with the words "well what in the hell did you expect?" then bill him for the agent's legal expenses.
JellyBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 04:13 AM   #32
JellyBelly
Senior Member
 
JellyBelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-25-06
Location: Dewitt
Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova
No, i wasn't really interested in the lawsuit, i just think it was bullshit that he got arrested.
You aren't related to the knife wielding Sova that the Mt. Pleasant police shot and killed, are you?

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bi...ase&no=980125p

Last edited by JellyBelly; October 11th, 2006 at 04:16 AM.
JellyBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:28 AM   #33
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBelly
You aren't related to the knife wielding Sova that the Mt. Pleasant police shot and killed, are you?

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bi...ase&no=980125p
nope.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:31 PM   #34
Toncomb
Senior Member
 
Toncomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 2,352
iTrader: (45)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBelly
You get within two feet of a VP and say something argumentative (even calmly) you should consider yourself lucky if the Secret Service doesn't take you down at gunpoint.

It could've been Al Gore as VP I'd be saying the same thing. Our Secret Service doesn't suffer fools lightly when they're protecting politicians.

Hopefully the judge will dismiss the dumbass's lawsuit with the words "well what in the hell did you expect?" then bill him for the agent's legal expenses.

If the SS was so protective then how did he walk up say it then walk away? If they were so worried they would have either stopped him then or as he walked away.
Toncomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #35
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toncomb
If the SS was so protective then how did he walk up say it then walk away? If they were so worried they would have either stopped him then or as he walked away.
they dont walk with a giant hoola hoop around cheney and shoot any one who enters the ring of death ! Its a psychological profile thing to. Some one who goes up in the vps face is a different kind of person than someone who yells at a tv or has a bumper sticker that says "its not my fault i didnt vote for him" etc. Veeeery different psychology there. I would want him locked up for the day untill the VP was out of town. Lest he get upset the VP didnt agree with or see the wisdom in his profound ramblings, his showing off to his kid what a tough man his daddy was then go to his truck and get his gun and cap the VP. Psycho think they can will a person like cheney to their agenda.

The SS isnt out to supress your 1st amendment rights, look i can say bad stuff about cheney. Cheney you are old and have a weak heart and you didnt even serve in the military cause you kept getting last minute exemptions, and your bald, and have wihite hair and prolly impotent. No one is gonna bust in my house and whip my ass for talking shit about cheney.

YOU DO NOT HAVE 100 % right to be heard anywhere you want!!!! This isn't anything new What do you think will happen to me if i rush the stage at granholms next speach and grab her microphone and start talking ???? Wait dont i have freedom of speach ??? No the state police will rightfull whip my ass for being a psycho! done and done. I wouldnt even walk near the VP with my hands in my pocket or make quick jesters or do anything that draws suspicion ... much less get al up in his face.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.28343 seconds with 65 queries