|February 5th, 2012, 08:31 PM||#1|
Griztek Off Road
Join Date: 05-19-06
Location: Northern MI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
**SOLD**87 Wrangler, 4.0, turn key wheeler
Time has come to part with my long time wheeler. The plan was to return this to a daily driver, but the amount of "de-modifying" I would need to do doesn't make sense when someone could have a great set up as is. This is a turn key, ready to run off road trail Jeep that has been set up right
-1987 Wrangler body and frame. The chassis/frame is in great condition. No rust through, not even an indication of such in the usual bad areas on YJs.. It is VERY solid.
- Engine is a punched out, re manufactured 4.0 EFI. Engine has about 40-50K miles on it and came from a friends Comanche that was wrecked. It is bored 0.040-0.060( I can't remember which).
- 5 spd AX15 transmission, NP231 w/HD slip yoke eliminator (SYE).
- Dana 44 axle front, 5.38 gear ratio, trac loc differential with extra clutch pack stuffed in. Pretty much locked all the time and only gives under the MOST extreme situations(like it should)
- Dana 44 rear, 5.38 gear ratio, spool, custom truss
- 2" soft ride Skyjacker springs set up spring over. 2" lift shackles
- 36 x 13.5-15 Super Swamper Irok. Only ever been trail tires. Minimal road use. Other than rock rash they have great tread left
- 15x8, 30 bolt bead lock wheels
- Custom anti-wrap/traction bar on the rear axle.
- Custom hi-steer cross over steering.
- Interior cage welded into factory roll bar.
- MM 12,000lbs winch
- Bestop soft top.
There are years of modifications done to this Jeep. I haven't listed everything. There are small touches here and there that can be explained later. It's been in the off road magazines 5 times. It's taken me places few have been. I hate to see it go, but it's time.
Price is $4700/ BO with the beadlocks and tires. I am willing to drop the price if I keep them. Only trades I will consider are for an Avalanche, Cummins truck, or a TJ. Can help with transport if needed.
Pm your interest. Jeep is in Alden, Just a few minutes north of Traverse City.
Last edited by Grizzy; February 7th, 2012 at 12:33 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|