Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 28th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #21
camccardell
tiger blood
 
camccardell's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-14-08
Location: Homer MI
Posts: 1,352
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSU JK View Post
I can honestly say that I know that both parties stand for fucking me over. The only question is which one is at least offering a reach around.
this is the question!
camccardell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #22
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: north of a bankrupt city
Posts: 3,267
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

what has EITHER or done for us lately?

taxes are unending and everywhere.
spending is up.
welfare is up.
poverty is up.
food stamp usage is up.
free cell phones to the "poor"
per capta national debt is up.
employment is down.
freedom is being restricted.
"homeland security" is tracking your movement, purchases and internet communications.
detentention camps are approved.
the & at the national level exempt themselves from everthing they legislate on us.
the & represent themselves not us as individuals.
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #23
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,078
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

A little something to see what a grea job our president is doing for the country

http://www.mrconservative.com/2012/0...ord-scorecard/
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #24
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 9,946
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

I would much rather see a millionaire get a tax break than a worthless bottom feeder get a handout.

There are also a lot fewer trying to disarm me.
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #25
Fatty Matty
Senior Member
 
Fatty Matty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-05-06
Location: Tecumseh
Posts: 5,346
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Can anyone honestly say they know what either party stands for anymore?
A little, but really not much. The way shit is going it's really all about them and what they represent and not so much the people.

I work for the state. When election time rolls around I find myself having to make a decision, and it's not as simple as voting one or the other.

Do I vote for the Dem that probably isn't going to mess with my job, but will be giving all the dirtbags a crutch...or do I vote for the Rep that is going to mess with my job, but will likely clean things up and give less to the dirtbags.
__________________
'10 JKU
'07 300c
www.midwest-abs.com
Fatty Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 06:26 AM   #26
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,188
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
I would much rather see a millionaire get a tax break than a worthless bottom feeder get a handout.

There are also a lot fewer trying to disarm me.
x 4.3x10^23

The government has become an easy scapegoat for those who can't do better for themselves in this country. I've saw people come from silver spoons and piss their lives away and I've seen people come from poor white trash and make something of themselves.

I probably made more in the hour and a half I've been at work than my parents did in a day, combined, while I was growing up. But instead of filling my head with nonsense of how the government was holding us down and that we deserved more and the wealthy people didn't I was brought up to believe if you want to have nice things you have to work hard, get a good education, and do the things required to get there. Not sit back and whine about how evil the government is and how horrible rich people are for not sharing.

Its not the government that's fucked up, well that is too, it's the lack of drive and sense of entitlement most people in our society have these days.

I'm curious as to what the OP does for a living.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 06:51 AM   #27
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,757
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
x2 and you have to remember that 200k is a married couple because our incomes get combined. It really isnt so much when you think about two working professionals. I'd like a tax reduction since I use less services than others.
200k isn't that much? I really like you, but you are completely fucking retarded sometimes.

I have a child, and make FAR FAR FAR below 200k, and well below the 100k I would need to contribute to be a 200k household. Meaning I don't get to split any bills in half with someone, like a couple of dinks making 200k combined.

$200k in comparison to most people is a shit ton of fucking money, even if it takes two working professionals to come up with it.

You do realize that the AVERAGE income per HOUSEHOLD in the US is $50,000 in 2006 and that the number of households making over 250k (couldn't find info for your "not all that much money" 200k) is less than 1.9% (again in 2006).

Let's do some simple math for miss kerryann who wants us to feel sorry for her dual income no kid household making $200k.

Mortgage $1200 (modest for a 200k household, tight for a 50k household, but about average for a 150k house, taxes and insurance included)
Cell phone (2 working adults, most likely a strong necessity, but not an absolute) $150
Cars $400x2=$800 (doesn't matter if its a payment or repairs or both, let's call this a fair average)
Utilities $150 (yearly average, assuming frugal use of the utilities)
Car insurance $200

$2500 a month in expenses. Not including garbage pick up, groceries, gas to get to work, incidentals, entertainment, credit card debt, student loans, medical bills, med insurance premiums, income taxes, etc.

200k/12=$16,666.66 Per month, or $14,166.66 left over at the end of the month to cover garbage pick up, groceries, gas to get to work, incidentals, entertainment, credit card debt, student loans, medical bills, med insurance premiums, income taxes, etc.


Average American Household.
$50k/12=$4,166.66 Per month, or $1,666.66/month left over to cover garbage pick up, groceries, gas to get to work, incidentals, entertainment, credit card debt, student loans, medical bills, med insurance premiums, income taxes, etc.

I mean thats only like a 12-13k difference.

MONTHLY.

In my search less than 20% of all households in america even make more than $110k/year.

Basically what you're saying is you make over $200k as a household and you make more than 98% of people out there..........Maybe you would like to re-consider your stance on 200k being "not that much"
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 06:52 AM   #28
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,757
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
I would much rather see a millionaire get a tax break than a worthless bottom feeder get a handout.

.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 06:55 AM   #29
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
200k isn't that much? I really like you, but you are completely fucking retarded sometimes.

I have a child, and make FAR FAR FAR below 200k, and well below the 100k I would need to contribute to be a 200k household. Meaning I don't get to split any bills in half with someone, like a couple of dinks making 200k combined.

$200k in comparison to most people is a shit ton of fucking money, even if it takes two working professionals to come up with it.

You do realize that the AVERAGE income per HOUSEHOLD in the US is $50,000 in 2006 and that the number of households making over 250k (couldn't find info for your "not all that much money" 200k) is less than 1.9% (again in 2006).

Let's do some simple math for miss kerryann who wants us to feel sorry for her dual income no kid household making $200k.

Mortgage $1200 (modest for a 200k household, tight for a 50k household, but about average for a 150k house, taxes and insurance included)
Cell phone (2 working adults, most likely a strong necessity, but not an absolute) $150
Cars $400x2=$800 (doesn't matter if its a payment or repairs or both, let's call this a fair average)
Utilities $150 (yearly average, assuming frugal use of the utilities)
Car insurance $200

$2500 a month in expenses. Not including garbage pick up, groceries, gas to get to work, incidentals, entertainment, credit card debt, student loans, medical bills, med insurance premiums, income taxes, etc.

200k/12=$16,666.66 Per month, or $14,166.66 left over at the end of the month to cover garbage pick up, groceries, gas to get to work, incidentals, entertainment, credit card debt, student loans, medical bills, med insurance premiums, income taxes, etc.


Average American Household.
$50k/12=$4,166.66 Per month, or $1,666.66/month left over to cover garbage pick up, groceries, gas to get to work, incidentals, entertainment, credit card debt, student loans, medical bills, med insurance premiums, income taxes, etc.

I mean thats only like a 12-13k difference.

MONTHLY.

In my search less than 20% of all households in america even make more than $110k/year.

Basically what you're saying is you make over $200k as a household and you make more than 98% of people out there..........Maybe you would like to re-consider your stance on 200k being "not that much"
you should hear mikey bitch about not having any money. I think its mostly because he is jewish.

To be fair she does have a point. If you live in beverly hills 200k a year is poverty level, if you live in BFE 200k a year is "insert racial slur here" rich.

Last edited by steveo; February 1st, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:07 AM   #30
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,188
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Let's do some simple math for miss kerryann who wants us to feel sorry for her dual income no kid household making $200k.
Apparently someone is hiding their true income from me...

I don't believe Kerry's comment was meant to say, "Hey we are making $200k a year and its not a lot"...because we don't. I'd say we live a comfortable life, but not 200k comfortable.

But on the other hand, while her comment might have been a bit exaggerated, I don't think $200k for a combined household with 2 professionals is outrageous.

To me its all about perspective. If you make 20k a year 100k a year seems like a lot, if you make 75k 200k seems like alot, if you make 200k a million seems like a lot, etc...
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:12 AM   #31
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,381
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I'm so confused this election.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:19 AM   #32
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,757
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
Apparently someone is hiding their true income from me...

I don't believe Kerry's comment was meant to say, "Hey we are making $200k a year and its not a lot"...because we don't. I'd say we live a comfortable life, but not 200k comfortable.

But on the other hand, while her comment might have been a bit exaggerated, I don't think $200k for a combined household with 2 professionals is outrageous.

To me its all about perspective. If you make 20k a year 100k a year seems like a lot, if you make 75k 200k seems like alot, if you make 200k a million seems like a lot, etc...
Sure in perspective if you make 20k a year 100k seems like a lot, but there are a LOT of expenses in life that everyone has to bear the brunt of (which I tried to illustrate on an "average" standpoint in my post), regardless of your local cost of living, and regardless of whether you are living outside, inside, or below your means.

Nobody can control the cost of certain things, like utilities, groceries/food, necessary communication (some sort of phone), etc.

Sure, you can be frugal, but you kind of need some of those things and can't get away from it. Even at 100k most people should be comfortable. So to say 200k isn't a lot of money twists me around the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
you should hear mikey bitch about not having any money. I think its mostly because he is jewish.

To be fair she does have a point. If you live in beverly hills 200k a year is poverty level, if you live in BFE 200k a year is "insert racial slur here" rich.
Sure, but KA and mikey don't live in beverly hills, and they don't live outside their means (educated guess based on the house and area they live in and knowing them both), and in all reality if they make more than 150k a year they should have a real real comfortable life and plenty of money left over for investment, savings, and entertainment that at least 90% of the people out there don't have.....you don't have it so bad KA
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:24 AM   #33
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,188
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I'd like a tax reduction since I use less services than others.
I agree very much with this.

However if that's how the system was based it would go belly up because the people sucking off the government tit are not the ones who are putting enough back in to cover what they take out.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:44 AM   #34
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,188
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Nobody can control the cost of certain things, like utilities, groceries/food, necessary communication (some sort of phone), etc.
That depends on how much you make, or rather how little. All of those things there is government subsidized assistance for.

To me the worst spot to be in is where someone like yourself is, or even a family in that income range with children. You don't make enough to have just piss away money, but you make too much to get government hand outs. That's kinda how I grew up. Well I think growing up we could have been in the government hand out category, but my parents just weren't like that. But I know for a fact when I went to go to college both my parents had better jobs than when I was a kid and we were right over the line so I couldn't get any grants and we were WAY far away from them just being able to cut the check for tuition.

I always used to be the kind of person that lived way beyond my means in college. Then I hit the wall where I couldn't even afford the minimum payments on my credit cards. I learned a hard lesson really quick, and its a lesson I'll be paying for for some time to come. Being able to live within our means and not buying the max house we could afford is the only way we were able to stay afloat on just Kerry's income while I was unemployed.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:46 AM   #35
osteologation
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
 
osteologation's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-31-08
Location: Caro, MI
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

People talk about flat tax but we live in a country that essentially has a negative tax bracket for low income levels. what percentage of households make <35k with at least one child? How much more money, in total, is the government giving out than it is taking in for households at lower income levels.
osteologation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:49 AM   #36
Tweeternpi
Senior Member
 
Tweeternpi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-23-06
Location: Carleton, Mi
Posts: 1,041
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I do not vote for eather if I can help it. I look at other partys. We need to start mixing things up when we vote. There are more than just those 2 partys to vote for. We need to start voting people out of office who are not doing anything for us.
Tweeternpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:52 AM   #37
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,757
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
That depends on how much you make, or rather how little. All of those things there is government subsidized assistance for.

To me the worst spot to be in is where someone like yourself is, or even a family in that income range with children. You don't make enough to have just piss away money, but you make too much to get government hand outs. .
Government assistance falls in WELL short of the US Average Household income. It's tough from time to time to make ends meet, but let's be honest, I have some expensive hobbies and I live comfortably, when the going gets tough it's cause I got stupid. But I am NO WHERE near being able to ever qualify for anything and catch a break.

There are a LOT of families out there that make money that puts them out of reach of government assistance that will have very little chance of affording to send their kids to college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteologation View Post
People talk about flat tax but we live in a country that essentially has a negative tax bracket for low income levels. what percentage of households make <35k with at least one child? How much more money, in total, is the government giving out than it is taking in for households at lower income levels.
My friend got a tax return a few years back, that was nearly double what she had even paid into the system. Single girl with a child. It blew my mind. I like the idea of a flat tax, because I think it is fair, but I have NO CLUE if it would actually work.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:53 AM   #38
pizzaman
Senior Member
 
pizzaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Independence Twsp, North Oakland County
Posts: 931
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

All this talk about rich and $200k and $20k households. It's all subjective and like in business its about debt to income ratios.
I know people that make under $50K and are "happy" and living comfortably. I also know people that make over $200K and are broke all the time.
pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:58 AM   #39
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,757
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

pizzaman to me that is a whole different issue. Nobody said anything about being rich, or at least I didn't, I was simply referencing KA's comment about 200k not being "all that much money"
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:58 AM   #40
osteologation
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
 
osteologation's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-31-08
Location: Caro, MI
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
All this talk about rich and $200k and $20k households. It's all subjective and like in business its about debt to income ratios.
I know people that make under $50K and are "happy" and living comfortably. I also know people that make over $200K and are broke all the time.



Troof
osteologation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.29231 seconds with 51 queries