Obama says we need more jobs. - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #1
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Obama says we need more jobs.

That must be why he shut down the keystone pipeline, stopped 7 billion dollars in spending and forced canada to look for other markets. At least he is protecting wolves, scooter should be happy.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:47 AM   #2
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,429
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Did you know warren buffet's secretary pays a higher % tax then him? He's said this for a year, did he really need to toss that into the SOTU address?




I love how he manipulates everything.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #3
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Did you know warren buffet's secretary pays a higher % tax then him? He's said this for a year, did he really need to toss that into the SOTU address?




I love how he manipulates everything.
How abut his big "I killed Osama" speech?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #4
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

One thing I did notice, the camera made this SOTU address look particularly good. The media made sure that very little negitive response from the was shown on the camera. They made sure to mainly show standing and applausing. It looked like everybody in the room was happy with the speech. If you looked carefuly you could see the sitting down and the camera would change angles quickly.
This was done to make the president look good, but when the media wants to make the look bad they focus on them sitting down, showing that they do not support what the president is saying.
And the left say there is no such thing as media biased.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #5
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: north of a bankrupt city
Posts: 3,296
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Did you know warren buffet's secretary pays a higher % tax then him? He's said this for a year, did he really need to toss that into the SOTU address?
did you read the news article yesterday that said the railroad, of which buffet is a MAJOR investor, could profit tremendously if the canadian oil is shipped via rail to texas in lieu of the pipeline?
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #6
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: north of a bankrupt city
Posts: 3,296
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

abc news shows construction jobs going to Chinese firms/workers


http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/us-b...firms-14594513
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #7
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,444
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
One thing I did notice, the camera made this SOTU address look particularly good. The media made sure that very little negitive response from the was shown on the camera. They made sure to mainly show standing and applausing. It looked like everybody in the room was happy with the speech. If you looked carefuly you could see the sitting down and the camera would change angles quickly.
This was done to make the president look good, but when the media wants to make the look bad they focus on them sitting down, showing that they do not support what the president is saying.
And the left say there is no such thing as media biased.
So wait, I'm confused. Not showing the sitting and not clapping was done intentionally to make the president look good, but showing the sitting and not clapping was done intentionally to make the look bad?

So what do you want the Media to do? Show them, or not show them?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #8
Kevlar
Newbie
 
Kevlar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-04-12
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kevlar
Default

I'm just going to leave this here...

Kevlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #9
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
So wait, I'm confused. Not showing the sitting and not clapping was done intentionally to make the president look good, but showing the sitting and not clapping was done intentionally to make the look bad?

So what do you want the Media to do? Show them, or not show them?
The media does it, like last night to show everybody(american people) is in support of Obama. When in fact the do not suport his failed policies of the past 3 years, nor do Americans that oppose him.
The last SOTU address the president complained about the divide between the 2 parties. Just after Gifffords was shot. The media showed more of the right sitting and not clapping but at every word of the president they jumped to thier feet with applause.
What I am saying is there is a serious media biased in this country. The media is in favor of a democratically controlled government and they nave not problem coming right out and making up (lies) stuff to show Obama in a positive light when in fact he has done more to harm this country than good.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #10
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
I'm just going to leave this here...

The stimulus package was almost a trillion dollars and was suppose to get this country back on track, didn't work. Unemployment rose to almost 10% from 7%.
High speed rail, where woiuld the money come from? A country almost on the verge of being bankrupt?
Jobs bill, was that government jobs? Which would mean higher taxes to cover the newly expansion of only a ever growing government?
Pipeline, They say up to 20,000 shovel ready jobs to put people to work. Or give it to Buffet to use his rail system to transport oil to the gulf coast. Which is a danerous way to transport oil. A pipeline is much safer and environmentally friendly.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #11
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
I'm just going to leave this here...

Some facts for you to check. Thought you might like to inform yourself.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/articl...210.php#page-2
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #12
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,353
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
So wait, I'm confused. Not showing the sitting and not clapping was done intentionally to make the president look good, but showing the sitting and not clapping was done intentionally to make the look bad?

So what do you want the Media to do? Show them, or not show them?
I believe he is refering to different tactics by the media when democrat presidents are in office vs. republican presidents. Ie. when Obama is in office they only show the supporters but when Bush is in office they show the sitters.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #13
cj65
Senior Member
 
cj65's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: 48174
Posts: 3,807
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The stimulus package was almost a trillion dollars and was suppose to get this country back on track, didn't work. Unemployment rose to almost 10% from 7%.
High speed rail, where woiuld the money come from? A country almost on the verge of being bankrupt?
Jobs bill, was that government jobs? Which would mean higher taxes to cover the newly expansion of only a ever growing government?
Pipeline, They say up to 20,000 shovel ready jobs to put people to work. Or give it to Buffet to use his rail system to transport oil to the gulf coast. Which is a danerous way to transport oil. A pipeline is much safer and environmentally friendly.
I don't understand what you think Obama did that is so wrong. He took over a country that was in schambles. He loaned the auto companies money to get them going.
The reason the auto industry was in such trouble was due to the corrupt banks giving loans to people that couldn't afford them. Of course unemployment was going to go up. That's part of what happens when the former president gives tax incentives to company to send Jobs overseas. Jobs here are lost!
And as far as the pipeline goes there is no way in hell I'd want a new pipe line going thru my yard. I sold my last house due to it having a pipeline on the property. Send it by rail. The rails are already in place won't disturb life and is the Safest way to transport goods.
cj65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #14
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,454
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
The reason the auto industry was in such trouble was due to the corrupt banks giving loans to people that couldn't afford them.
This defies any logic I'm presently aware of, and I'm a goddamned genius.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #15
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
This defies any logic I'm presently aware of, and I'm a goddamned genius.
Yes i would say your are damm near a genius by your coffee post, and I am serious. But cj65's comment is .... I guess I have no words.
Carry on with your brew.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #16
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,444
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
I believe he is refering to different tactics by the media when democrat presidents are in office vs. republican presidents. Ie. when Obama is in office they only show the supporters but when Bush is in office they show the sitters.
Who controls those cameras? Certainly every network doesn't have their own cameras.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #17
chris1044
Senior Member
 
chris1044's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lost in the mitten!
Posts: 2,012
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
I don't understand what you think Obama did that is so wrong. He took over a country that was in schambles. He loaned the auto companies money to get them going.
The reason the auto industry was in such trouble was due to the corrupt banks giving loans to people that couldn't afford them. Of course unemployment was going to go up. That's part of what happens when the former president gives tax incentives to company to send Jobs overseas. Jobs here are lost!
And as far as the pipeline goes there is no way in hell I'd want a new pipe line going thru my yard. I sold my last house due to it having a pipeline on the property. Send it by rail. The rails are already in place won't disturb life and is the Safest way to transport goods.

Please tell me you work in the auto industry...that would be icing on the cake.
chris1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #18
speedfixx autofab
pyro
 
speedfixx autofab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-08
Location: holland, MI
Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

It's Bush's fault!!...right....right....I keep forgetting.I can't wait to scream "It's Oblama's fault" when we are up to our EYEBALLS in debt!!!! Oh wait, we are. IT'S OBAMA'S FAULT!!!!
speedfixx autofab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #19
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,444
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
This defies any logic I'm presently aware of, and I'm a goddamned genius.
I'm sure you could connect enough dots to get from one to the other.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #20
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Who controls those cameras? Certainly every network doesn't have their own cameras.
The guy behind the camera has a head set on and he takes ques from the producer(the liberal guy) about what shot to take and where he wants him to point the camera and where not to point the camera.
I have experience in the film industry, cameras and lighting. If you are operating a camera you take orders from the guy speaking into your headset.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.36675 seconds with 79 queries