How to speak Democrat - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 16th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #1
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default How to speak Democrat

In translation on what they really mean

http://www.mrconservative.com/2011/0...peak-democrat/
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #2
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 10,502
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

Awesome
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #3
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 10,502
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

Also must resist urge to post this to Facebook. Don't wanna argues with my trashy family members, are retarded liberal friends.
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #4
tctrojan17
Sexy and I know it.
 
tctrojan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-21-10
Location: traverse city
Posts: 888
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Haha that was pretty funny
tctrojan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #5
deerebowtie
Unchained
 
deerebowtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-09
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,773
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

love to see our public workers solving important issues.
deerebowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #6
AceMon
Could've had a v8
 
AceMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-14-09
Location: Elgin, IL
Posts: 517
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

LMAO! It's funny cause it's true!
AceMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #7
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booblinker View Post
Also must resist urge to post this to Facebook. Don't wanna argues with my trashy family members, are retarded liberal friends.
I found it on Facebook. Maybe your family members need to hear the truth, it might be the wakeup call they need
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #8
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

What a waste of everyones time.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #9
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
What a waste of everyones time.
Yes , informing the people what liberals really mean when they tell you what they are doing is a huge waste of time.
Can't, should not tell the people what they're reallly up.
What McCotter showed in his short presentation was exactly how the mislead the people in every turn. Twist and manipulate the words to make em think they're on the side of the people, when in fact the are leading this country down the toilet.
And you brewmenn are a "smart guy" and say that informing the people is a waste of time. Who's side you on? Wait, no need to answer. You already did in your opening statement.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #10
Kevlar
Newbie
 
Kevlar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-04-12
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kevlar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Yes , informing the people what liberals really mean when they tell you what they are doing is a huge waste of time.
Can't, should not tell the people what they're reallly up.
What McCotter showed in his short presentation was exactly how the mislead the people in every turn. Twist and manipulate the words to make em think they're on the side of the people, when in fact the are leading this country down the toilet.
And you brewmenn are a "smart guy" and say that informing the people is a waste of time. Who's side you on? Wait, no need to answer. You already did in your opening statement.
"Exactly how (they) mislead the people"? Sorry, I missed the factual basis behind that little 'presentation.'

News flash: both parties are leading us down the toilet, and this is -PRECISELY- how they're doing it. They've managed to divide the country over stupid partisan BS while they screw everyone over behind closed doors. Divide and conquer. When we reduce issues to "Republican" vs "Democrat" we lose sight of our principles and become slaves to our masters. Look at our current "do-nothing" congress. They can barely even pass a spending bill. Guess what? They're all just part of the same establishment.

Check out this clip from Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano. You may not be a Ron Paul supporter, but at least watch the first 3 minutes or so, because he shares some really interesting thoughts about our government as a whole.

Kevlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #11
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,049
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The BEST thing that congress can possibly do is nothing. They've done enough already
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #12
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
"Exactly how (they) mislead the people"? Sorry, I missed the factual basis behind that little 'presentation.'

News flash: both parties are leading us down the toilet, and this is -PRECISELY- how they're doing it. They've managed to divide the country over stupid partisan BS while they screw everyone over behind closed doors. Divide and conquer. When we reduce issues to "Republican" vs "Democrat" we lose sight of our principles and become slaves to our masters. Look at our current "do-nothing" congress. They can barely even pass a spending bill. Guess what? They're all just part of the same establishment.

Check out this clip from Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano. You may not be a Ron Paul supporter, but at least watch the first 3 minutes or so, because he shares some really interesting thoughts about our government as a whole.

What If "They" Are Lying to Us about Ron Paul? - YouTube
You are correct in saying that both parties are leading us down the toilet. I believe the are taking us there a little faster.
Judge Napolitano has a lot of "what if's". It would be great to see a party or president that was really in it for the people and not just to pay off the ones that got him there.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #13
Andy456123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-10-10
Location: 61025
Posts: 900
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
You are correct in saying that both parties are leading us down the toilet.
this pretty much sums it up - no further quibbling needed.
Andy456123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #14
dougstephvoor
Supreme Chancelor!
 
dougstephvoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-21-10
Location: Saranac/Michigan
Posts: 2,230
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

True!
dougstephvoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #15
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Yes , informing the people what liberals really mean when they tell you what they are doing is a huge waste of time.
Can't, should not tell the people what they're reallly up.
What McCotter showed in his short presentation was exactly how the mislead the people in every turn. Twist and manipulate the words to make em think they're on the side of the people, when in fact the are leading this country down the toilet.
And you brewmenn are a "smart guy" and say that informing the people is a waste of time. Who's side you on? Wait, no need to answer. You already did in your opening statement.
And what most politicians (republican and democrat) really mean when they say "informing the people" is "telling them opinion".

Your problem is that you don't know the difference between opinion and fact. Mr. McCotter's cute little word replacement exercise was opinion. He presented no facts. No information. Just opinion. And he did it on the House floor, so we all paid for everyone's time for him to do it.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #16
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
And what most politicians (republican and democrat) really mean when they say "informing the people" is "telling them opinion".

Your problem is that you don't know the difference between opinion and fact. Mr. McCotter's cute little word replacement exercise was opinion. He presented no facts. No information. Just opinion. And he did it on the House floor, so we all paid for everyone's time for him to do it.
You are correct in saying that they are telling people thier opinion. They all do that when trying to make a point.
As McCotter pointed out in his flash card demo was quite accurate in him saying when a democrat says they will tax the rich=tax you, is correct.
Is there anything in his demo that you can back up with FACTS that is not true? and not just your opinion.
We all have problems I choose not to devulge yours.
Maybe conservatives are just gullable.
When Bush lowered taxes he lowered it for ALL Americans, not just the rich as Obama says he needs to punish the rich because they don't pay their far share. When in fact he will raise everybodies taxes, you watch.

Last edited by aber61; January 18th, 2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: needed to say more.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #17
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,130
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
"Exactly how (they) mislead the people"? Sorry, I missed the factual basis behind that little 'presentation.'

News flash: both parties are leading us down the toilet, and this is -PRECISELY- how they're doing it. They've managed to divide the country over stupid partisan BS while they screw everyone over behind closed doors. Divide and conquer. When we reduce issues to "Republican" vs "Democrat" we lose sight of our principles and become slaves to our masters. Look at our current "do-nothing" congress. They can barely even pass a spending bill. Guess what? They're all just part of the same establishment.

Check out this clip from Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano. You may not be a Ron Paul supporter, but at least watch the first 3 minutes or so, because he shares some really interesting thoughts about our government as a whole.
Welcome to the site. It's been lonely being the only Paul supporter around here.
3-foot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2012, 02:31 PM   #18
jeepinmichguy
WALMART WOLVERINE
 
jeepinmichguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-09
Location: Lillian, Alabama
Posts: 384
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

That was awsome.
jeepinmichguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:18 PM   #19
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
You are correct in saying that they are telling people thier opinion. They all do that when trying to make a point.
As McCotter pointed out in his flash card demo was quite accurate in him saying when a democrat says they will tax the rich=tax you, is correct.
Is there anything in his demo that you can back up with FACTS that is not true? and not just your opinion.
We all have problems I choose not to devulge yours.
Maybe conservatives are just gullable.
When Bush lowered taxes he lowered it for ALL Americans, not just the rich as Obama says he needs to punish the rich because they don't pay their far share. When in fact he will raise everybodies taxes, you watch.
You still do not know the difference between facts and opinion. Most of what he says is not something that can be proven on way or another with facts, and he makes no attempt to prove his point.

I'm not sure what facts you're basing your comment on taxes on. Obama has been pushing for a tax on high income people, and to keep the reduction of the Social security tax. The fought against keeping the reduction of the Social security tax, and many are in favor of reducing or eliminating estate and capital gains taxes, both of which tend to help the rich. So I think it would be more accurate to say that when say they want to reduce your taxes, the really mean they want to reduce the top 5%'s taxes.

But I hope Obama does raise everyone's taxes. Income taxes, especially on the wealthy, are at near historic lows right now. We need to start paying our debt rather than just passing it on to our children and grandchildren.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:47 PM   #20
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
You still do not know the difference between facts and opinion. Most of what he says is not something that can be proven on way or another with facts, and he makes no attempt to prove his point.

I'm not sure what facts you're basing your comment on taxes on. Obama has been pushing for a tax on high income people, and to keep the reduction of the Social security tax. The fought against keeping the reduction of the Social security tax, and many are in favor of reducing or eliminating estate and capital gains taxes, both of which tend to help the rich. So I think it would be more accurate to say that when say they want to reduce your taxes, the really mean they want to reduce the top 5%'s taxes.

But I hope Obama does raise everyone's taxes. Income taxes, especially on the wealthy, are at near historic lows right now. We need to start paying our debt rather than just passing it on to our children and grandchildren.
Actually he was making a point about from his observation from what he has seen how talk, and people that actually listen to what and how the work. I can say your a liberal but I can't prove it. But your words speak volumes.
did you know that the top 1% of wage earners pay roughly 45% of the taxes collected in this country.
As for SS tax is that the payroll tax you are talking about?
If so Obama wants to push for a short term reduction and wanted to do a 1 year reduction. Eliminating or reduceing estate and capital gains also effect the middle class not only the rich.
This administration is so reckless with this country's money that they have NOT passed a budget in more than999 days. That is something you cannot blame on Bush.
To lower taxes and give tax breaks give people more money to spend which would help get the economy going in a upward direction not in the way they have been going for the last 3 years.
We do have debt which Obama has created. He has spent more money($15.3 Trillion) than all presidents combines, from washington to bush. And he is wanting to ask congress for another trillon and to raise the debt ceiling again. We now owe more that what this country make in a year. Thats good finacial planning, right?
His way to payoff the rich that put him in office.
Besides the rich do not have enough money to put a dent in what this president has spent.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.35603 seconds with 83 queries