Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 6th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #16781
SS
Sexing your Nancy, Dale!
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Arlen, TX
Posts: 10,340
iTrader: (13)
In the mean time I'll just have to use my Colt Trooper Mk III for squirrel hunting. Hopefully .38 Special FMJ target loads won't blow them apart. If it does I'll just switch to .357 Magnum and go barking.
__________________
-Jeremy



Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #16782
Lousypirate
Bud Light Man of Genius
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Norton Shores 49441
Posts: 8,560
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
In the mean time I'll just have to use my Colt Trooper Mk III for squirrel hunting. Hopefully .38 Special FMJ target loads won't blow them apart. If it does I'll just switch to .357 Magnum and go barking.
I can ship you some ball bearings. go buy a slingshot
__________________
77 Chevy K30 partout thread
94 12v dually partout



Have you given your life up to traction lately?
Lousypirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #16783
SS
Sexing your Nancy, Dale!
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Arlen, TX
Posts: 10,340
iTrader: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
I can ship you some ball bearings. go buy a slingshot
__________________
-Jeremy



Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #16784
Lousypirate
Bud Light Man of Genius
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Norton Shores 49441
Posts: 8,560
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
__________________
77 Chevy K30 partout thread
94 12v dually partout



Have you given your life up to traction lately?
Lousypirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #16785
SS
Sexing your Nancy, Dale!
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Arlen, TX
Posts: 10,340
iTrader: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
__________________
-Jeremy



Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #16786
KCameron13
Weekend Warrior
 
KCameron13's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-05-11
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Posts: 1,182
iTrader: (6)
KCameron13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #16787
ajmorell
Senior Member
 
ajmorell's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-07
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 3,461
iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to ajmorell
I've got a super X2, 870 and an 1100... Had a bps I sold several years ago I wish I still had. They're all great but I wouldn't buy a new Remington, I've seen too much shit from them in the last 10 years. In the field you might be able to shoot as fast as your buddies with semi autos but in competition no way. My x2 is a heavy pig but it helps tremendously with the recoil of heavy duck and turkey loads. If I'm carrying a gun all day on the field it's the 870
ajmorell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #16788
Padilen
Senior Member
 
Padilen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-12
Location: LeRoy Michigan
Posts: 1,344
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Flushable baby wipes = heaven.

No tube to worry about.
Some of these claim to be flushable but aren't.
I made sure mine did by placing them in a glass of water. They broke up just like toilet tissue.
They are great for kayaking !
Padilen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #16789
SS
Sexing your Nancy, Dale!
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Arlen, TX
Posts: 10,340
iTrader: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padilen View Post
Some of these claim to be flushable but aren't.
I made sure mine did by placing them in a glass of water. They broke up just like toilet tissue.
They are great for kayaking !
Scott's Naturals. They DO break up. No septic to worry about.
__________________
-Jeremy



Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #16790
Lousypirate
Bud Light Man of Genius
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Norton Shores 49441
Posts: 8,560
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmorell View Post
I've got a super X2, 870 and an 1100... Had a bps I sold several years ago I wish I still had. They're all great but I wouldn't buy a new Remington, I've seen too much shit from them in the last 10 years. In the field you might be able to shoot as fast as your buddies with semi autos but in competition no way. My x2 is a heavy pig but it helps tremendously with the recoil of heavy duck and turkey loads. If I'm carrying a gun all day on the field it's the 870
I didn't know I shot competition?

I barely feel the recoil of my 3" steel shot. only bothers me if it slips off my shoulder
__________________
77 Chevy K30 partout thread
94 12v dually partout



Have you given your life up to traction lately?
Lousypirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #16791
ajmorell
Senior Member
 
ajmorell's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-07
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 3,461
iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to ajmorell
I didn't say you shot competition. 3" duck loads are no problem it's the 3.5s that pound the shit out my shoulder
ajmorell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #16792
Lousypirate
Bud Light Man of Genius
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Norton Shores 49441
Posts: 8,560
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmorell View Post
I didn't say you shot competition. 3" duck loads are no problem it's the 3.5s that pound the shit out my shoulder
then don't shoot them. I seem to down ducks and geese without a problem with my 3" shells. My buddies have started dropping down to 3's so they don't feel so bad when they get trigger happy and miss

at least for ducks. I think they still go up to 3.5s for geese specific hunting.
__________________
77 Chevy K30 partout thread
94 12v dually partout



Have you given your life up to traction lately?
Lousypirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #16793
ajmorell
Senior Member
 
ajmorell's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-07
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 3,461
iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to ajmorell
The only 3.5s I shoot anymore are turkey loads. My duck loads are 3" #4 shot and have been for a few years now.
ajmorell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #16794
Lousypirate
Bud Light Man of Genius
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Norton Shores 49441
Posts: 8,560
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmorell View Post
The only 3.5s I shoot anymore are turkey loads. My duck loads are 3" #4 shot and have been for a few years now.
Just switched to 3" #4 Kent Fasteel this year myself. I love it.

no more #2 shot for me...
__________________
77 Chevy K30 partout thread
94 12v dually partout



Have you given your life up to traction lately?
Lousypirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #16795
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 4,385
iTrader: (6)
Guns are bad
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #16796
ajmorell
Senior Member
 
ajmorell's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-07
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 3,461
iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to ajmorell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
Just switched to 3" #4 Kent Fasteel this year myself. I love it.

no more #2 shot for me...
I don't think I'll go back either, my kill percentage went up considerably when I switched. If I could afford to I'd shoot #7 TSS but that stuff costs >$2/shot even if you load it yourself. FYI, blue box federal is super cheap from Rogers sporting goods online. I bought a case of 3" #4 shot for $99 shipped last year
ajmorell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #16797
Lousypirate
Bud Light Man of Genius
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Norton Shores 49441
Posts: 8,560
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmetzg03 View Post
Guns are bad
__________________
77 Chevy K30 partout thread
94 12v dually partout



Have you given your life up to traction lately?
Lousypirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #16798
Lousypirate
Bud Light Man of Genius
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Norton Shores 49441
Posts: 8,560
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmorell View Post
I don't think I'll go back either, my kill percentage went up considerably when I switched. If I could afford to I'd shoot #7 TSS but that stuff costs >$2/shot even if you load it yourself. FYI, blue box federal is super cheap from Rogers sporting goods online. I bought a case of 3" #4 shot for $99 shipped last year
Not bad. I go through about 2-4 boxes a year. Maybe I'll have to see if my buddies want to pitch in on a case.
__________________
77 Chevy K30 partout thread
94 12v dually partout



Have you given your life up to traction lately?
Lousypirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #16799
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 4,385
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #16800
ajmorell
Senior Member
 
ajmorell's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-07
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 3,461
iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to ajmorell
I was going through a case a year in NM, not sure what WI will bring but I hope it's just as good. That deal from Rogers is the best I've seen, even the guy I know who buys direct from Remington can't get them for less that $120/case
ajmorell is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Tags
alex456123is a homo, alex456123isghey, dirtygirl thinks im hot, greasyhands licks balls, jbsjunklicksmyballz, just sayin, kickstand is a douche, kickstand is ghey, lol ss reads the tags, meballs, meepmeep, meow?, report that post!, skin that dog!!, slipperyshithole, squashemdead, ss has jobs., steveo = prison bitch, steveo is an asshole, steveo is awesome, steveo is still learking, steveo sucks cock!, steveo_sandusky, touches little boys, whyhesgreasyhands

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.30053 seconds with 51 queries