Watch Your Dish Network Bill - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 1st, 2015, 09:43 AM   #1
af26yrs
Senior Member
 
af26yrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-04-09
Location: In the Thumb, michigan
Posts: 741
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default Watch Your Dish Network Bill

Dish tried to change my bill due date this month. I would always come due on the 2nd or 3rd of the month, but this month they moved it up to the 28th of July. This effectively makes me pay 13 payments in 2015 if I would have left it alone.

I called the company this morning and asked to have it put back to the 2nd. At first the operator said she could not do it that it had to be left on the 28th. I told her that they changed it and they could change it back. she put me on hold for a couple of minutes and came back with the same statement. I had to change my tone of voice and tell her again that that was not an option and that they needed to change it back. She put me on hold again, this time for about 5 minutes, and when she came back stated that the due date had been changed back to the 2nd. I will see when I get next months bill.
af26yrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 1st, 2015, 09:54 AM   #2
AJ Hall
Kickin' Up MUD
 
Join Date: 11-04-09
Location: here
Posts: 2,680
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Default

yeah dish told me when they hooked it up that the signal wasn't the greatest because there wasn't a great spot for the dish to be mounted and then told me I wouldn't be locked into a contract because of that and I could cancel if the signal went out in spring time when the trees bloomed(had installed in January). Sure enough it went out every time the wind blew. I called them to cancel and they charged me $200 for canceling the contract. Its the only bad thing on my report right now. They were great when I signed up though. Now I have moved to Comcast again and they seem to be better than before. I was also able to lock in a price without a contract!
__________________
If you dont like it, get out.
AJ Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 09:59 AM   #3
BlooMule
Old School
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 28,914
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Had DirecTV. No real issues except no hi speed internet.

Went to WOW, service was good, but bill kept increasing.

Now have Comcast, internet is awesome, not a fan of pay on demand. Bill is now higher than ever because idiots in my house keep ordering games and movies- I need to see if there is a way to block that.





If it were up to me, I would have internet service only.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 01:09 PM   #4
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,151
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by af26yrs View Post
Dish tried to change my bill due date this month. I would always come due on the 2nd or 3rd of the month, but this month they moved it up to the 28th of July. This effectively makes me pay 13 payments in 2015 if I would have left it alone.

I called the company this morning and asked to have it put back to the 2nd. At first the operator said she could not do it that it had to be left on the 28th. I told her that they changed it and they could change it back. she put me on hold for a couple of minutes and came back with the same statement. I had to change my tone of voice and tell her again that that was not an option and that they needed to change it back. She put me on hold again, this time for about 5 minutes, and when she came back stated that the due date had been changed back to the 2nd. I will see when I get next months bill.
You are still paying the same amount / month. The 13th payment will wash out when you close out your service. They have removed the 5 day grace period and now collect on the due date. I have no issue with it.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 01:39 PM   #5
scottc
Member
 
scottc's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-10
Location: bear lake, michigan
Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Hall View Post
yeah dish told me when they hooked it up that the signal wasn't the greatest because there wasn't a great spot for the dish to be mounted and then told me I wouldn't be locked into a contract because of that and I could cancel if the signal went out in spring time when the trees bloomed(had installed in January). Sure enough it went out every time the wind blew. I called them to cancel and they charged me $200 for canceling the contract. Its the only bad thing on my report right now. They were great when I signed up though. Now I have moved to Comcast again and they seem to be better than before. I was also able to lock in a price without a contract!
When you canceled with dish did they make you pay to send all of there equipment back to them? when I was at my old house they sent out an installer to hook it up and I had their two year contract for the whole two years and then ended up selling that house and called to have my service canceled shortly after my contract was up and they tried selling me on there dish mover deal. Over the two years I had dish I developed a strong hate for them and told them where to go when they said they would move everything from my old house to my new house. a couple days later I get empty box delivered to my house with packing instructions on how they wanted there receiver and remotes packaged in the box and I was supposed to pay for shipping back to them. I decided to have a nice fire instead. what a dumb company.
scottc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 02:00 PM   #6
BlooMule
Old School
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 28,914
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Oh, yeah, they will fukc you over for not returning that equipment.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 04:05 PM   #7
af26yrs
Senior Member
 
af26yrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-04-09
Location: In the Thumb, michigan
Posts: 741
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
You are still paying the same amount / month. The 13th payment will wash out when you close out your service. They have removed the 5 day grace period and now collect on the due date. I have no issue with it.
No they have not removed the grace period. The lady told me I have until the 11th of the month to pay. I don't think it will wash out in the end as you will be billed for all the time up to when they disconnect it.
af26yrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 04:14 PM   #8
Wramblerguy
Senior Member
 
Wramblerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-02-11
Location: Schoolcraft 49087
Posts: 3,984
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

My charter bill is like $80...
__________________
3rd generation jeeper

99 gmc Sierra extended cab z71 dd
87 yj Laredo 4.2/999/231 ac & cruise bone stock (for now)
90s Wrambler efi 2.5, t5, built231HD ,d44s with 4.88s and detroits
Wramblerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 05:27 PM   #9
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,773
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
Oh, yeah, they will fukc you over for not returning that equipment.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
Just buy your equipment. No more f'ing you over and no rental charge either.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 05:45 PM   #10
BlooMule
Old School
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 28,914
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Yup.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 06:31 PM   #11
Mudking
Senior Member
 
Mudking's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-15-13
Location: Chelsea/MI
Posts: 1,258
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

tired of directv bumping my bill up. I am at 156 a month right now. thats just tv. no internet.

i am about to call and threaten to cancel and get it cut back to the 68 it was when we started there service 8 years ago...
Mudking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 07:13 PM   #12
af26yrs
Senior Member
 
af26yrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-04-09
Location: In the Thumb, michigan
Posts: 741
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I am at $187 with internet that includes some discounts for 3 months. Normally over $200. when it started to get too high I cancelled some of the movie channels to get it back down to $200.
af26yrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 07:20 PM   #13
BlooMule
Old School
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 28,914
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

$50/week to watch tv is way too much.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 07:28 PM   #14
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,914
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudking View Post
tired of directv bumping my bill up. I am at 156 a month right now. thats just tv. no internet.

i am about to call and threaten to cancel and get it cut back to the 68 it was when we started there service 8 years ago...
I don't know why people's DTV bill can be so high. I pay $120 a month for 3 TVs, HD and DVR service, with choice ultimate. That always seems really high to me, then I see what other people pay and think "well, i guess mines pretty good"


Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
Oh, yeah, they will fukc you over for not returning that equipment.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
I never actually checked, but I assumed that Dish was the same as Direc; with Direc after the 2 years, you own your equipment. If you cancel before your 2 year contract is up then you have to return the equipment, but they mail you boxes to return everything in.
__________________
-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L 65th Annv.
-2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L 4x4
-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 4x4
-1996 Chevrolet K1500 5.7L Vortec- Dirty mall queen
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 07:29 PM   #15
Mudking
Senior Member
 
Mudking's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-15-13
Location: Chelsea/MI
Posts: 1,258
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

My bill 2 years ago was below 100... but seems lately every month or two it jumps by 5 bucks for some (at this point) unknown reason, and never comes back down.

between directv, verizon, internet service I am at about 500 bucks a month. I am about to switch to cricket and buy a over the air antenna, and save 350 bucks a month. screw it...
Mudking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 07:43 PM   #16
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,773
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
$50/week to watch tv is way too much.
The wife wants me to get out the 40 foot ladder and mount the antenna to the peak of the roof and go with that and get rid of Dish. We'd be saving a hundy plus a fiddy.and then some.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 09:18 PM   #17
14muddn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-10-08
Location: Wixom/MI
Posts: 1,875
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I have 2 dvr boxes, a few hundred hd channels, HBO, and 105mb/s Internet for $117/month locked in price for 2 years through Comcast. I hate that there aren't other high speed internet options in the area because I hate dealing with Comcast.
14muddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 09:40 PM   #18
Mudking
Senior Member
 
Mudking's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-15-13
Location: Chelsea/MI
Posts: 1,258
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14muddn View Post
I have 2 dvr boxes, a few hundred hd channels, HBO, and 105mb/s Internet for $117/month locked in price for 2 years through Comcast. I hate that there aren't other high speed internet options in the area because I hate dealing with Comcast.
only downside to country living is the lack of cable or dsl service...
Mudking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 10:55 PM   #19
RVest1
Senior Member
 
RVest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-28-11
Location: Davison/MI
Posts: 442
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I pay 100/month for the highest speed internet and tv. They bumped it to 130, so I called and asked charter to lower it. They said they could not do that, so I asked them to cancel my service effective 1 week later (end of billing cycle). They put me on the line with their shutoff department (customer retention) and I simply said that I wanted to pay no more than 100/month out the door for the services I had, he said he would make it happen and did. I love charter
RVest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 04:22 AM   #20
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,151
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by af26yrs View Post
No they have not removed the grace period. The lady told me I have until the 11th of the month to pay. I don't think it will wash out in the end as you will be billed for all the time up to when they disconnect it.
Read your bill. I did. The period of coverage has not changed a single day. It will wash out.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.36896 seconds with 82 queries