Sticks Of Romeo Mud Bog - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Pictures and Video
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Pictures and Video A forum for 4x4 related photos and videos

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 25th, 2011, 03:36 AM   #1
carwarz
Car Warz
 
carwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-16-11
Location: Sarnia
Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Sticks Of Romeo Mud Bog

I did this video myself, enjoy.

It's from the Sticks Of Romeo Mud Bog in Michigan

It is 45 Mins long



Thanks

Last edited by carwarz; December 2nd, 2011 at 09:59 PM.
carwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 27th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #2
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,255
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Two things I don't understand. Why people think driving around in a flat field is fun/challenging and why anybody would want to watch video of it.













'''''''''''''
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #3
bacongrease
Am i still a Noob?
 
bacongrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: Troy/MI
Posts: 538
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

ummm... its "their" not "thier"


Last edited by bacongrease; November 27th, 2011 at 08:58 PM.
bacongrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #4
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01
Senior Member
 
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-03-09
Location: warren mi
Posts: 750
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

well its just something diff to do around SE mi. some of us can only afford to make a few trips a year to twisted trails or bundyhill. most of the mud bogs are within a very short driving distance of our area so we dont have to trailer the rigs. also you get to see different kinds of trucks then just trail or rock rigs but im prob wasting my breath because if i have to explain it then your prob not going to get it anyway. your prob one of the people who think its just hillbillys getting drunk. what ever the case i had alot of fun and got to see some cool trucks oh and nice job on video i enjoyed it


quote=dreezy;2861574]Two things I don't understand. Why people think driving around in a flat field is fun/challenging and why anybody would want to watch video of it.
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #5
Elvis13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Addison Township, MI
Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEROKEEMUDMAN01 View Post
well its just something diff to do around SE mi. some of us can only afford to make a few trips a year to twisted trails or bundyhill. most of the mud bogs are within a very short driving distance of our area so we dont have to trailer the rigs. also you get to see different kinds of trucks then just trail or rock rigs but im prob wasting my breath because if i have to explain it then your prob not going to get it anyway. your prob one of the people who think its just hillbillys getting drunk. what ever the case i had alot of fun and got to see some cool trucks oh and nice job on video i enjoyed it
Are you the one in the yellow carbed xj?
Elvis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #6
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 6,893
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacongrease View Post
ummm... its "their" not "thier"


And attempt, not attemp

FYI.....mud runs are fun. I've been to a few. I prefer the rocks but to each their own.
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #7
schanxj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-28-05
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 1,135
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacongrease View Post
ummm... its "their" not "thier"

Also, They do this "at" not "on" their own risk.
Looks like it would be fun to ride as a passenger!
schanxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #8
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01
Senior Member
 
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-03-09
Location: warren mi
Posts: 750
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

yah that was me.
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #9
Elvis13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Addison Township, MI
Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEROKEEMUDMAN01 View Post
yah that was me.
I was the one in the 45 year old pickup you tried offering me ATF for.
Elvis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #10
1slo_camaro
LONG STORY SHORT, IM 23
 
1slo_camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-11
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 1,125
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i understand both sides, but why just flat land? go chop down a few big ass trees and lay them in it, take that bulldozer and dig some holes, anybody can get some speed and hammer down balls to the wall and power through a muddy field, but put some obstacles or challenges that are hard like go 50 feet in then you have to climb over a log or two or some big river rock. i think that would be awesome and prolly get some more people to come out and what not. just my 2 pennies
1slo_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #11
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01
Senior Member
 
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-03-09
Location: warren mi
Posts: 750
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

the flat black ford with the t case leak?
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #12
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01
Senior Member
 
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-03-09
Location: warren mi
Posts: 750
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

also if that was some kind of slam how am i to know what you have in your truck. i just seen you had a leak and said i have atf and other fluids in the back of my pu if u needed it. i doing a 1950 dodge pu with a 727 and sb mopar but until you look over the truck you wouldnt know what it had in it would you? i was just trying to be nice and offer.
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #13
Elvis13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Addison Township, MI
Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEROKEEMUDMAN01 View Post
also if that was some kind of slam how am i to know what you have in your truck. i just seen you had a leak and said i have atf and other fluids in the back of my pu if u needed it. i doing a 1950 dodge pu with a 727 and sb mopar but until you look over the truck you wouldnt know what it had in it would you? i was just trying to be nice and offer.
Yes that was a slam, and your a dick
Elvis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #14
1slo_camaro
LONG STORY SHORT, IM 23
 
1slo_camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-11
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 1,125
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

damn thats harsh, regardless of how he put it at the park, the fact he offered to give you fluids that im sure he could have used or would like to have extra kinda says something. wouldve really sucked if you put a quart in your truck and he blew a trans line on the way home and that quart would have got him to the parts store to get some hose.... then he wouldnt have burnt his trans up. it says alot of a man if hes willing to offer you something he paid for out of his pocket, and from what it sounds like just saw you leaking some fluid and thought it would be a good gesture to offer you some to help out. i think you are the dick sir
1slo_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #15
Elvis13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Addison Township, MI
Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro View Post
damn thats harsh, regardless of how he put it at the park, the fact he offered to give you fluids that im sure he could have used or would like to have extra kinda says something. wouldve really sucked if you put a quart in your truck and he blew a trans line on the way home and that quart would have got him to the parts store to get some hose.... then he wouldnt have burnt his trans up. it says alot of a man if hes willing to offer you something he paid for out of his pocket, and from what it sounds like just saw you leaking some fluid and thought it would be a good gesture to offer you some to help out. i think you are the dick sir
Yup thats me.
Elvis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #16
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01
Senior Member
 
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-03-09
Location: warren mi
Posts: 750
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

well thats good to know, one day sometime you will prob need a hand at one of the offroading spots and i am just one more person who is not going to help u out. prob drive by pointing and laughing acutally.
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #17
Elvis13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Addison Township, MI
Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEROKEEMUDMAN01 View Post
well thats good to know, one day sometime you will prob need a hand at one of the offroading spots and i am just one more person who is not going to help u out. prob drive by pointing and laughing acutally.
lol
Elvis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #18
old_red_limited
"Miss. Piggy"
 
old_red_limited's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-20-11
Location: Grand Haven
Posts: 341
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro View Post
i understand both sides, but why just flat land? go chop down a few big ass trees and lay them in it, take that bulldozer and dig some holes, anybody can get some speed and hammer down balls to the wall and power through a muddy field, but put some obstacles or challenges that are hard like go 50 feet in then you have to climb over a log or two or some big river rock. i think that would be awesome and prolly get some more people to come out and what not. just my 2 pennies
You missed a few runs I went to this year..... I don't care what you brought.... obstacles or not, hammer down or not, 1000hp or not...... not a chance of making it unless you knew how to drive in it.

I hate mud...... it breaks shit. BUT, it is fun if you get out there in it, and its fun to watch people in it too...... I prefer rocks and easy trails to mud 1000x's to 1.... but will never pass at a chance to wheel my rig, have some fun and make a few people smile watching. Thats what mud runs are about
old_red_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #19
dfm_13
Senior Member
 
dfm_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-25-10
Location: lapeer
Posts: 1,400
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i wish i still had my mud truck, i never even got to bog it before i sold it
dfm_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #20
Blazin40s
Newbie
 
Join Date: 07-22-09
Location: troy, Mi
Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Sounds like a bunch of guys who don't have the horsepower to make it thru the swamp to me! And there are a few bogs that have jumps set up, but boggin is about balls to the wall, throttle pegged fun. RUN YER TRUCK NOT YER MOUTH!
Blazin40s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Pictures and Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.40981 seconds with 81 queries