Dear christians. - Page 6 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 5th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #101
osteologation
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
 
osteologation's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-31-08
Location: Caro, MI
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Oh, I get it, you don't think they are unbelievable, you just don't believe them...

Scott, sometimes you say wise things, sometimes you don't. This is one of the latter.
I believe it's entirely possible to find an idea believable without believing in that idea.
osteologation is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #102
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Fixed. His famous/rich-ness have nothign to do with his Credibility. Nor does it make him more Credible then some one who studied the subject thier whole life. They aren't rich and famous but could talk circles around Rogan in a debate about it.
Your argument is flawed. If a person is neither rich nor famous they are not worth 2 shits.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #103
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,241
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
1 John 4:5,6
They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them.6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we reognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood
Do you ever cite anything other than the bible? I mean this book is full of truths because this book says so? You dont have any issues with that?
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #104
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
Do you ever cite anything other than the bible? I mean this book is full of truths because this book says so? You dont have any issues with that?
Its called blind faith. Its what you rely on when you are ignorant and unable to come to your own conclusions on lifes mysteries.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #105
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,223
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
Do you ever cite anything other than the bible? I mean this book is full of truths because this book says so? You dont have any issues with that?
I read the passage from John this morning and then I saw a post here and it was very relevent to what was said, so I posted to it. And yes you are correct in saying the Book is full of truth.
Christians believe that the bible is the word of God and His word is Truth.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #106
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I read the passage from John this morning and then I saw a post here and it was very relevent to what was said, so I posted to it. And yes you are correct in saying the Book is full of truth.
Christians believe that the bible is the word of God and His word is Truth.
they also believe in zombies and magic...
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #107
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,223
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Its called blind faith. Its what you rely on when you are ignorant and unable to come to your own conclusions on lifes mysteries.
And what type of blind faith do you have?
We all have faith of one kind or another. A faith that there is a God or faith that there is no god. Either way you still have faith.
You call it blind because you don't understand it.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #108
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,223
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
they also believe in zombies and magic...
Maybe you can find that part for me. Because I have heard of demons and miracles in the bible.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #109
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
And what type of blind faith do you have?
We all have faith of one kind or another. A faith that there is a God or faith that there is no god. Either way you still have faith.
You call it blind because you don't understand it.
I understand it perfectly. I question everything myself, I learned a long time ago to take nothing for granted. Its just too easy to say "god knows" or "god will show us someday". There is a very slim possibility that you and lc4x are not dumb bastards and that the god you worship exists in the form you think he does. Very slim, but its there. I believe in a universe of infinite possibilities.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #110
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Maybe you can find that part for me. Because I have heard of demons and miracles in the bible.
jesus returned from the dead, that makes him a zombie. how about lazerus? another zombie. The old testament is full of magic, ever hear of moshe?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #111
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,241
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
And yes you are correct in saying the Book is full of truth.
Christians believe that the bible is the word of God and His word is Truth.
Please provide some proof. Anything written in the bible is not proof in this circumstance.
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #112
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,223
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I understand it perfectly. I question everything myself, I learned a long time ago to take nothing for granted. Its just too easy to say "god knows" or "god will show us someday". There is a very slim possibility that you and lc4x are not dumb bastards and that the god you worship exists in the form you think he does. Very slim, but its there. I believe in a universe of infinite possibilities.
Well in my life He does exist and has shown Himself to me in many ways. He is real to me and shows himself to me because I believe in Him and that is the only way you can truely know of Him. He's there waiting for you and the rest of the world that has doubts. With God there are infinite possibilities, without God you are limited to what "you" can do. I'm not saying its wrong. If it works for you, good. But things are soo much better with Jesus.
I used to think the same way as you and others here. Life was great and how could it get any better.
Life is great and now I life life for Christ and enjoy every aspect. The good times and the not so good times.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #113
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,223
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
Please provide some proof. Anything written in the bible is not proof in this circumstance.
Do you believe in the writings from Abraham Lincoln or George Washington? Whar about what our founding fathers wrote about, the constitution, the declaration of independece? Those are old writings that people of the times witnessed just as the bible was written and people of the times(eye witnesses) saw what happened and did not refute what was writtenJust because the bible was written over a period of time over 2000 years ago with eye witesses does not make it any less credible than documents written 200 years ago.
If you believe what the constitution says why do you discredit older documents?
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #114
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Do you believe in the writings from Abraham Lincoln or George Washington? Whar about what our founding fathers wrote about, the constitution, the declaration of independece? Those are old writings that people of the times witnessed just as the bible was written and people of the times(eye witnesses) saw what happened and did not refute what was writtenJust because the bible was written over a period of time over 2000 years ago with eye witesses does not make it any less credible than documents written 200 years ago.
If you believe what the constitution says why do you discredit older documents?
because the constitution contains neither zombies or magic. also, i can visit places where these people lived and see where they are buried. can you show me where jesus is buried?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #115
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,223
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
because the constitution contains neither zombies or magic. also, i can visit places where these people lived and see where they are buried. can you show me where jesus is buried?
I can't personally but if you were to go to Israel somebody could inform you about Christ and what He did and were He was laid.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:52 PM   #116
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I can't personally but if you were to go to Israel somebody could inform you about Christ and what He did and were He was laid.
Is he still in that tomb?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #117
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,223
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Is he still in that tomb?
No He's not.
He has Risen
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #118
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
no he's not.
He has risen
because he is a fucking zombie!!!!!!! He has starved to death by now, none of his followers have any brains for him to feed on.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #119
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,241
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Do you believe in the writings from Abraham Lincoln or George Washington? Whar about what our founding fathers wrote about, the constitution, the declaration of independece? Those are old writings that people of the times witnessed just as the bible was written and people of the times(eye witnesses) saw what happened and did not refute what was writtenJust because the bible was written over a period of time over 2000 years ago with eye witesses does not make it any less credible than documents written 200 years ago.
If you believe what the constitution says why do you discredit older documents?
This did not answer my question. So you have nothing that is tangible to back up your book?
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #120
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
This did answer my question. So you have nothing that is tangible to back up your book?
Just have faith.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.32057 seconds with 80 queries