Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Trail Rides & 4x4 Events
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 27th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #221
old_red_limited
"Miss. Piggy"
 
old_red_limited's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-20-11
Location: Grand Haven
Posts: 341
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

thats awesome!!!
old_red_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #222
Jeep_Shaun
That 1 Jeep Guy..
 
Jeep_Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-28-08
Location: Spring Lake, MI
Posts: 2,917
iTrader: (34)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

This is all that is on my phone, I have a lot of pics that my wife took, and I will upload those once i find the cord to her camera..












Jeep_Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #223
1slo_camaro
LONG STORY SHORT, IM 23
 
1slo_camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-07-11
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 1,125
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj97sport View Post
During that moment of the pic if you would have done what I told you to do you might have made it, ( "hammer down" )
well you and everyone else could have came and tried, but when the pumpkin is sitting stuck in mud and a good 3 inches up the shock is covered in mud, i dont think hammering down will do much progress i tried hammering down and it went no where, full lock left right, front back, 4wd hi/ lo 2wd. nothing its hard to do a whole lot on those little 31s.... o well
1slo_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #224
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

No as in you went into it slow, its ok, good times.
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #225
hman1991
Senior Member
 
hman1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-04-06
Location: Holland Michigan
Posts: 474
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to hman1991
Default

looks like u guys had some fun. i saw the 2 zj's on m40 by the truckstop in holland. that crossing can be made or used to made it a few time about a monthago. have to go on a angle in middle. did it in my tracker. trails opend up enough now for grands huh? any pics of the log ladder? hopefully gonna make it up next weekend.
hman1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #226
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hman1991 View Post
looks like u guys had some fun. i saw the 2 zj's on m40 by the truckstop in holland. that crossing can be made or used to made it a few time about a monthago. have to go on a angle in middle. did it in my tracker. trails opend up enough now for grands huh? any pics of the log ladder? hopefully gonna make it up next weekend.
Let me know when you plan on going, ill show ya around.
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #227
old_red_limited
"Miss. Piggy"
 
old_red_limited's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-20-11
Location: Grand Haven
Posts: 341
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

that was probably me and 1_slow_camaro

tons of trails were big enough for us, had to make a few 3 point turns but thats still part of the fun, no ladder, mud was just way to deep, and little 33's and no front lockers.... never would have made it
old_red_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #228
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I should add, there is 2 log ladders, i seen twisted on the big one, dont know if he made it tho.
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #229
1slo_camaro
LONG STORY SHORT, IM 23
 
1slo_camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-07-11
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 1,125
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj97sport View Post
No as in you went into it slow, its ok, good times.

yea lol, i was trying to ride the edge a little to get past where shaun got caught up and then hammer her through but i fell off the ledge lol and i didnt have the motivation to carry me
1slo_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #230
tw1st3d5
Senior Member
 
tw1st3d5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-12-09
Location: Berrien Springs, MI
Posts: 1,008
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj97sport View Post
I should add, there is 2 log ladders, i seen twisted on the big one, dont know if he made it tho.
Nope, but I made it worse now. There is a huge rut right in the middle of it from my tires. It was just too wet out and the spacing was just right to stop me.
tw1st3d5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #231
Jeep_Shaun
That 1 Jeep Guy..
 
Jeep_Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-28-08
Location: Spring Lake, MI
Posts: 2,917
iTrader: (34)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Couple vids... These are from my crappy video camera i use as a dash cam, I will upload the good ones from freaks camera later..

http://youtu.be/m4B2HzPSrQ4

http://youtu.be/oOkdea7sen0

http://youtu.be/j_Hz2nPst-8

http://youtu.be/n3nBCvIhlL8
Jeep_Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #232
tw1st3d5
Senior Member
 
tw1st3d5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-12-09
Location: Berrien Springs, MI
Posts: 1,008
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

**Note to self** If it is supposed to drop below freezing at night, make sure to clean the mud off of the Jeep before it does. I've spent the last 2 hours outside with the pressure washer and barely got the outside done. I haven't touched the inside or under it. Everything is frozen solid.
tw1st3d5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #233
bdd1469
bdd
 
bdd1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-10
Location: alto mi
Posts: 2,063
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469
Default

I had a great time also,but left early feeling like shit.I've been in bed since I got home yesterday,got me a tempature of 103,i feel like Im dieing.
I saw my wet,frozen,muddy jeep in the driveway,when I let the dogs out,it doesnt look pretty.I going out to get the heat going in the garage,and let it unthaw,what a mess.
I think us smaller rigs would have been better off without all the rain,but it was deffinently fun,and I'll be back,with a working winch.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #234
old_red_limited
"Miss. Piggy"
 
old_red_limited's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-20-11
Location: Grand Haven
Posts: 341
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1st3d5 View Post
**Note to self** If it is supposed to drop below freezing at night, make sure to clean the mud off of the Jeep before it does. I've spent the last 2 hours outside with the pressure washer and barely got the outside done. I haven't touched the inside or under it. Everything is frozen solid.
yeah, I am dreading the washing.......
old_red_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #235
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
I had a great time also,but left early feeling like shit.I've been in bed since I got home yesterday,got me a tempature of 103,i feel like Im dieing.
I saw my wet,frozen,muddy jeep in the driveway,when I let the dogs out,it doesnt look pretty.I going out to get the heat going in the garage,and let it unthaw,what a mess.
I think us smaller rigs would have been better off without all the rain,but it was deffinently fun,and I'll be back,with a working winch.
Let me know when you want to stop back out, ill give ya a better tour.
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #236
tw1st3d5
Senior Member
 
tw1st3d5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-12-09
Location: Berrien Springs, MI
Posts: 1,008
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_red_limited View Post
yeah, I am dreading the washing.......
About 5 hours and 3 gallons of gas in the pressure washer later it still isn't completely clean. I did get it good enough and pulled it in the garage and up on jack stands for my tranny swap though.
tw1st3d5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #237
1slo_camaro
LONG STORY SHORT, IM 23
 
1slo_camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-07-11
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 1,125
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG..... WOW!!! pulled the hub off the front pass side. granted it came out in pieces and saw the axle just laying there, so i started wiggling it and was like wtf..... and PULLED IT OUT! omg i was FAWKING FREAKED OUT!!!! they should have c clips or something holding them in. lmfao luckily after txting a few people and talking to my old man i calmed down, cleaned her up and slid her back in cleared through the axle seal and right into the splines, and hub went on perfect, overal remove, freak out, install all in about an hour. pretty simple swap
1slo_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #238
Jeep_Shaun
That 1 Jeep Guy..
 
Jeep_Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-28-08
Location: Spring Lake, MI
Posts: 2,917
iTrader: (34)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro View Post
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG..... WOW!!! pulled the hub off the front pass side. granted it came out in pieces and saw the axle just laying there, so i started wiggling it and was like wtf..... and PULLED IT OUT! omg i was FAWKING FREAKED OUT!!!! they should have c clips or something holding them in. lmfao luckily after txting a few people and talking to my old man i calmed down, cleaned her up and slid her back in cleared through the axle seal and right into the splines, and hub went on perfect, overal remove, freak out, install all in about an hour. pretty simple swap
mine doesnt have c clips...
Jeep_Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #239
Jeep_Shaun
That 1 Jeep Guy..
 
Jeep_Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-28-08
Location: Spring Lake, MI
Posts: 2,917
iTrader: (34)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

CARNAGE!!!!!!









and this is the inner shaft... this should probably be replaced too right??
the shiny spots are chewed up..




Jeep_Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #240
bdd1469
bdd
 
bdd1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-10
Location: alto mi
Posts: 2,063
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj97sport View Post
Let me know when you want to stop back out, ill give ya a better tour.
Thanks for your hospitality,I will take you up on your offer after i fix my winch.Im sick as a dog,but the thought of my jeep cold,and covered in mud is too much,Im headn to the quarter car wash right now.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Trail Rides & 4x4 Events
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.22865 seconds with 50 queries