Cain, "gay is a choice" - Page 6 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #101
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctrojan17 View Post
I apologize, you are actually right on this one. I for some reason thought your first comment in this thread had something to do with religious beliefs, turned out i was confused. I suck.
Cheifwoohaw has a tendency to be a religiious hypocrite.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 26th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #102
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,997
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post
OK, I haven't read through this entire thread because everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I just have one piece of input here. My best friend for the past 20 years is gay. We have had this discussion more times than we can count. The way I feel about women is the way he feels about men. Started during puberty, same time as me. Has known from the start that he likes men. Grew up in a strict Catholic household, went through bouts of depression because of mixed feelings, etc,. Still not close to his father since coming out.

Why would he choose this? It's genetic, just the way some people have blue eyes. Can't change it, "pray it away", or anything like that. There are lots of studies on how homosexuality is present in all aspects of nature, not just humans. Yes, that means your dog might be gay, too.

You'd never know it to look at him, speak to him, or listen to him. He is not politically active, flamboyant, or "sissy". He's just gay.
That's how my gay friend explains it for the most part. He tried to fight it, with the kids and the wife and wanting to fit in with his brothers and father who are "manly men" who spit and watch sports and work hard jobs and get dirty and stuff.....but in the end he's just gay and thats that.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #103
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
That's how my gay friend explains it for the most part. He tried to fight it, with the kids and the wife and wanting to fit in with his brothers and father who are "manly men" who spit and watch sports and work hard jobs and get dirty and stuff.....but in the end he's just gay and thats that.
You're "friend" huh???
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #104
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,607
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
You're "friend" huh???
Well, since you moved to Ohio, your "regulars" in Michigan have fallen upon hard times.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #105
TJJEEP
Senior Member
 
TJJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Orchard Lake
Posts: 2,975
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TJJEEP Send a message via MSN to TJJEEP
Default

I don't see how adding a same sex partner on a health insurance plan is a drag on anyone. The partner with the health insurance and their employer are the ones that pay for it.

If anything I could see less people sucking on the systems tit if they were allowed to join their partners health insurance. Someone could go from medicaid to health insurance paid for by the employee and employer.
TJJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #106
TJJEEP
Senior Member
 
TJJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Orchard Lake
Posts: 2,975
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TJJEEP Send a message via MSN to TJJEEP
Default

Also, the "sanctity" of marriage is bullshit. What is there, a 50% divorce rate? Everyone knows people who have been married more than once.

Hell, if you pay enough money to the Catholic church they will even annul your marriage no matter how many years later you get divorced.
TJJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #107
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,997
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
You're "friend" huh???
Well he was actually a co-worker, who became a friend since we both have different jobs now.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not interested in a relationship with you. You're not my type, I prefer intelligence, logical debates, and guys who not quite as chubby.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #108
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Well he was actually a co-worker, who became a friend since we both have different jobs now.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not interested in a relationship with you. You're not my type, I prefer intelligence, logical debates, and guys who not quite as chubby.
Ahh, okay. Well since you seemed to fit the discription of your so called "friend" I thought I'd bring it up. Good to know you're interested in guys that aren't so chubby. Thanks for clearing that up for us!
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #109
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,607
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #110
wolverine 00 xj
Senior Member
 
wolverine 00 xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Location: Ypsilanti
Posts: 139
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post
OK, I haven't read through this entire thread because everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I just have one piece of input here. My best friend for the past 20 years is gay. We have had this discussion more times than we can count. The way I feel about women is the way he feels about men. Started during puberty, same time as me. Has known from the start that he likes men. Grew up in a strict Catholic household, went through bouts of depression because of mixed feelings, etc,. Still not close to his father since coming out.

Why would he choose this? It's genetic, just the way some people have blue eyes. Can't change it, "pray it away", or anything like that. There are lots of studies on how homosexuality is present in all aspects of nature, not just humans. Yes, that means your dog might be gay, too.

You'd never know it to look at him, speak to him, or listen to him. He is not politically active, flamboyant, or "sissy". He's just gay.
I don't buy this at all. Just because someone says that they don't ever remember feeling a different way, that doesn't mean it's right. If you follow this line of argument, then we can't say that the guy who says he's always been sexually attracted to children is wrong. I know you'll say - but this is between consenting adults. But that doesn't matter if you say that because a person doesn't consciously choose something - it's OK. And you're wrong about it being genetic - not even the honest homsexuals make that claim. Even the American Psychiatric Assoc. has backed away from that claim in the last few years. The thing about animals is simply homosexual propaganda, too. In fact, just today there was a story about the people at the Toronto Zoo saying that the two male penguins that the homosexual activists have tauted as "gay" are not in fact.

I too have known some homosexuals that had admirable character traits. But that doesn't change the fact that it's unhealthy behavior that all to often leads those that engage in it to an early grave. The latest statistics from the Centers for Disease Control show that homosexuals are something like 40-50 times more likely to have syphillis and HIV. Messed up behavior has messed up consequences.
wolverine 00 xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 10:15 PM   #111
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

People that think being gay is a choice are struggling with their own desires for cock (or clam).
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #112
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,001
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine 00 xj View Post
I don't buy this at all. Just because someone says that they don't ever remember feeling a different way, that doesn't mean it's right. If you follow this line of argument, then we can't say that the guy who says he's always been sexually attracted to children is wrong. I know you'll say - but this is between consenting adults. But that doesn't matter if you say that because a person doesn't consciously choose something - it's OK. And you're wrong about it being genetic - not even the honest homsexuals make that claim. Even the American Psychiatric Assoc. has backed away from that claim in the last few years. The thing about animals is simply homosexual propaganda, too. In fact, just today there was a story about the people at the Toronto Zoo saying that the two male penguins that the homosexual activists have tauted as "gay" are not in fact.

I too have known some homosexuals that had admirable character traits. But that doesn't change the fact that it's unhealthy behavior that all to often leads those that engage in it to an early grave. The latest statistics from the Centers for Disease Control show that homosexuals are something like 40-50 times more likely to have syphillis and HIV. Messed up behavior has messed up consequences.
There may not be a "gay" gene but I think it was Jeepbratt that posted up some pretty interesting articles on the difference in the Hypothalamus between The different orientations. Could have Been Scooter too. Cna't remember. Anywho, I'm just saying. I actually agree with most everything you've said.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #113
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine 00 xj View Post
I don't buy this at all. Just because someone says that they don't ever remember feeling a different way, that doesn't mean it's right. If you follow this line of argument, then we can't say that the guy who says he's always been sexually attracted to children is wrong. I know you'll say - but this is between consenting adults. But that doesn't matter if you say that because a person doesn't consciously choose something - it's OK. And you're wrong about it being genetic - not even the honest homsexuals make that claim. Even the American Psychiatric Assoc. has backed away from that claim in the last few years. The thing about animals is simply homosexual propaganda, too. In fact, just today there was a story about the people at the Toronto Zoo saying that the two male penguins that the homosexual activists have tauted as "gay" are not in fact.

I too have known some homosexuals that had admirable character traits. But that doesn't change the fact that it's unhealthy behavior that all to often leads those that engage in it to an early grave. The latest statistics from the Centers for Disease Control show that homosexuals are something like 40-50 times more likely to have syphillis and HIV. Messed up behavior has messed up consequences.

Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #114
wolverine 00 xj
Senior Member
 
wolverine 00 xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Location: Ypsilanti
Posts: 139
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
There may not be a "gay" gene but I think it was Jeepbratt that posted up some pretty interesting articles on the difference in the Hypothalamus between The different orientations. Could have Been Scooter too. Cna't remember.
I haven't seen that material, but what I've observed is that these studies are publicized with a great deal of fanfare by the media, and are not looked at with a critical eye. Then, months or years later, they're shown to be wrong, or at least not as convincing as first portrayed, but that's always buried back on page 15 or so of the paper. It's a lot like what happens when they supposedly find evoluntionary "missing links" all the time that are later shown to be far from conclusive, or even fraudulent. Or the "10% of the world is homosexual" claim. That has been totally debunked, but you still run across it.
wolverine 00 xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #115
wolverine 00 xj
Senior Member
 
wolverine 00 xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Location: Ypsilanti
Posts: 139
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Sorry, but I don't plan on wasting my time watching this video. If you want to make a point as clear and powerful as your last one, please write it out.
wolverine 00 xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #116
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine 00 xj View Post
Sorry, but I don't plan on wasting my time watching this video. If you want to make a point as clear and powerful as your last one, please write it out.
A come on, it's cute. Don't take yourself so serious.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
wantabe gay bitch

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.30933 seconds with 69 queries