Silly Asians - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 21st, 2006, 09:31 AM   #81
biohazardbill
The Biohazards
 
biohazardbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Forsyth, Ga
Posts: 4,147
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdealer
The meaning of symbols change as well as the meaning of words change. The rainbow used to be a symbol of luck now its synonimous for gay rights. Just like the word gay used to mean happy.

You say you act the same online as you do in person. But, I doubt you would parade around town with a swastika flag.
Here again you show ignorance...

So when you see a rainbow going into a pot of gold you automatically think Leprechauns are a bunch of gay midgets in green?

A symbol is whatever a person percieves it as...

The Nazi's used the Swastika as it was intended, good fortune etc (only for the white race of course)... the meaning of the symbol never changed actually. The problem is for the years that the Neo Nazi's were around, people associated hate with that symbol. Fact it wasnt the symbol that signified hate, rather the actions of the poeple behind the flag.

The US flag symbolizes freedom.... because that is what the people behind the flag stand for... stars and stripes have been around long before the US incorporated them into our flag.
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 21st, 2006, 09:39 AM   #82
biohazardbill
The Biohazards
 
biohazardbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Forsyth, Ga
Posts: 4,147
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

You know... before you ignorant asses want to have an educated debate... you should research your information prior to even wanting to have an intelligent conversation about any given subject...

As I recall the only time I ever posted anything Nazi or Swastika related was when a couple individuals were being "Forum Nazi's" on MJ.

Do I have a Swastika flag in front of my house, no... am I proud of my heritage? yes... although I do not agree with the views my forefathers had...

I got to see inside hate as my biological father was very racist. I have not spoken with him since I was 16 because of his views and actions. However I experienced a lifestyle most only read about. Because of that I tend to have conversations with many races about religion and culture to find the differences in people and what drives them. I am educated on all these subjects due to life and the opportunities I have made for myself, not books.
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 10:51 AM   #83
SS
12% GaNgStA!!!!
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: R-Hillz Yo!
Posts: 12,066
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardbill
You know... before you ignorant asses want to have an educated debate... you should research your information prior to even wanting to have an intelligent conversation about any given subject...

As I recall the only time I ever posted anything Nazi or Swastika related was when a couple individuals were being "Forum Nazi's" on MJ.

Do I have a Swastika flag in front of my house, no... am I proud of my heritage? yes... although I do not agree with the views my forefathers had...

I got to see inside hate as my biological father was very racist. I have not spoken with him since I was 16 because of his views and actions. However I experienced a lifestyle most only read about. Because of that I tend to have conversations with many races about religion and culture to find the differences in people and what drives them. I am educated on all these subjects due to life and the opportunities I have made for myself, not books.

__________________
-Jer Dawg

Watch yo self. I light you up yo.
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 02:41 PM   #84
deathdealer
Senior Member
 
deathdealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-08-06
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 1,637
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardbill
You know... before you ignorant asses want to have an educated debate... you should research your information prior to even wanting to have an intelligent conversation about any given subject...

As I recall the only time I ever posted anything Nazi or Swastika related was when a couple individuals were being "Forum Nazi's" on MJ.
Wrong, the debate was about race. You posted a Nazi flag becuase you thought you would be cute and funny. It was removed and you cried because it was "part of your heritage" and it was stated if you were proud of your heritage then the proper flag would have been


Nice try though
deathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 02:55 PM   #85
biohazardbill
The Biohazards
 
biohazardbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Forsyth, Ga
Posts: 4,147
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

your right, I am wrong...

Blah blah blah.. not even worth the time anymore lol...

believe whatever you want... you will anyway even with facts put in front of you...
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 03:02 PM   #86
biohazardbill
The Biohazards
 
biohazardbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Forsyth, Ga
Posts: 4,147
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Last thing I will say about this...

this whole thread was blown out of proportion due to one person taking something innocent and making it into a race issue... kinda funny really.

Yes the Neo Nazi movement was a part of my heritage... I however am an American not a Nazi...

Nationality nor race does not matter when you are close minded. Close minded individuals are just as bad as any racist individual, as it is basically the same mindset.
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 03:59 PM   #87
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,614
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

I'm curious why you would fly a nazi flag as opposed to a german flag.. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Your "bloodline" isn't nazi blood, its german blood.

Why don't you fly the german confederation flag too?



or did your bloodline start AFTER Germany and France attacked Prussia..

Nazi flags will always be a reminder of killing jews.. But if your into killing jews, then fly it.. But don't get pissed when people associate swastikas with killing, because that is what it stood for when it was being flown in germany..
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 04:06 PM   #88
biohazardbill
The Biohazards
 
biohazardbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Forsyth, Ga
Posts: 4,147
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Im not mad lol... and I did not bring the Swastika into this...

all I said was silly Asians lol
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 04:09 PM   #89
deathdealer
Senior Member
 
deathdealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-08-06
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 1,637
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker
I'm curious why you would fly a nazi flag as opposed to a german flag.. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Your "bloodline" isn't nazi blood, its german blood.

Why don't you fly the german confederation flag too?



or did your bloodline start AFTER Germany and France attacked Prussia..

Nazi flags will always be a reminder of killing jews.. But if your into killing jews, then fly it.. But don't get pissed when people associate swastikas with killing, because that is what it stood for when it was being flown in germany..
This was my point, but I am the one who keeps getting reminded of my ignorance.
deathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 04:14 PM   #90
BMFmike
meh.
 
BMFmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Grand Haven
Posts: 7,816
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdealer
This was my point, but I am the one who keeps getting reminded of my ignorance.

From a neutral point of view, he threw up so many facts that you just were too smart to read and actually take into account, same to clarkstoncracker.
BMFmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 04:24 PM   #91
tracker
Senior Member
 
tracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: merced ca
Posts: 112
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i'm an asian .. i'm not offened by this thread
those japanese game shows do have some f*$k up shit
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 04:39 PM   #92
BMFmike
meh.
 
BMFmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Grand Haven
Posts: 7,816
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker
Nazi flags will always be a reminder of killing jews..
I dont really think so, but I could be mistaken.

Kill a jew, love the same sex!


Kill a jew, have a coke!


Kill a jew, black people dont like jews



I am in no way racist, hate against a person, race, belief. I am open to a lot of views, opinions, but saying that the swastika is a kill a jew symbol is kind of BS, it wll always be that symbol to the ignorant kind
BMFmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 04:51 PM   #93
Cube
Captain of my pants
 
Cube's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Traverse City
Posts: 4,158
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker
i'm an asian .. i'm not offened by this thread
those japanese game shows do have some f*$k up shit
haha no way another asian on the board, yessssss
Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:18 AM   #94
deathdealer
Senior Member
 
deathdealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-08-06
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 1,637
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFmike
From a neutral point of view, he threw up so many facts that you just were too smart to read and actually take into account, same to clarkstoncracker.
How about these facts? These are from the same source he used, but he failed to post these...

---------------------------8<-------------------------

Because of its use by Hitler and the Nazis and, in modern times, by neo-Nazis and other hate groups, for many people in the West, the swastika is associated primarily with Nazism, and white supremacy in general. Hence, outside historical contexts, it has become taboo in Western countries. For example, the German postwar criminal code makes the public showing of the Hakenkreuz (the swastika) and other Nazi symbols illegal and punishable, except for scholarly reasons and for the purpose of showing opposition to Nazism (in which case the swastika is crossed out, broken, etc.). It is not clear whether the German postwar code actually bans the construction of Hindu and Jain temples in Germany as Jain temples always have the swastika on their entrance and Jain ritual typically involves creating seven swastikas from grains of rice around the altar during prayer.

In Australia, which has taken a considerable number of refugees who suffered under the Nazis, it is (legally) regarded as "racist".

In the leadup and aftermath of the invasion of Iraq some anti-Bush activists have used the swastika in association with George W. Bush. Nazi symbolism has also been used by musicians to express their disagreement with Bush's policies. This has caused some controversy for some outspoken artists.

In recent years, controversy has erupted when consumer goods bearing the symbol have been exported (often unintentionally) to North America. In 2002, Christmas crackers containing plastic toy pandas sporting swastikas were pulled from shelves after complaints from consumers in Canada, although the China-based manufacturer claimed the symbol was presented in a traditional sense and not as a reference to the Nazis. In 1995, the City of Glendale, California scrambled to cover up over 900 cast iron lampposts decorated with swastikas throughout the downtown portion of the city; the lampposts had been manufactured by an American company in the early 1920s, and had nothing to do with Nazism. In the late 1990s, after the destruction of an old building on the main street in Tulare, California, an ad for White King Soap from the early 1900s was discovered on an outer wall of the adjacent building. The ad featured a playing card with a king and was adorned with left facing swastikas. The ad caused much controversy and was vandalized on several occasions due to the combination of swastikas and the name "White King."
--------------------------->8-------------------------

So even though the symbol appeared to be innocent enough in its conception it continues to be taboo and even illegal in some countries today because of the image it portrays today

So I can see how Jesus got to his conclusion with Bill's flagrant use of the swastika.
deathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:23 AM   #95
BMFmike
meh.
 
BMFmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Grand Haven
Posts: 7,816
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

You know more than I ever will, I should have never said anything.
BMFmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:29 AM   #96
biohazardbill
The Biohazards
 
biohazardbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Forsyth, Ga
Posts: 4,147
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I did not bring up Swastika here as I recall lol... anyway, yes you are correct DD what the Nazi's did with the Swastika made it a "racist" symbol.

I have news for you people... even if I were racist... Nazi... KKK... Black Panther... whatever.... those beliefs are protected by our Constitution. I am not a racist by any means for the record. This whole thread turned from something innocent to something totally unrelated. If I were to have said "Hot Asians" would it have caused such a controversy?
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:31 AM   #97
biohazardbill
The Biohazards
 
biohazardbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Forsyth, Ga
Posts: 4,147
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardbill
The Nazi's used the Swastika as it was intended, good fortune etc (only for the white race of course)... the meaning of the symbol never changed actually. The problem is for the years that the Neo Nazi's were around, people associated hate with that symbol. Fact it wasnt the symbol that signified hate, rather the actions of the poeple behind the flag.
For the record DD I already addressed the facts you posted without specifics..
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:32 AM   #98
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee
 
Icemanii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48085
Posts: 5,233
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

ENOUGH ALREADY

Lets move on, you guys don't like each other, we get it, new topic.
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 09:43 AM   #99
biohazardbill
The Biohazards
 
biohazardbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-02-06
Location: Forsyth, Ga
Posts: 4,147
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii
Lets move on, you guys don't like each other, we get it, new topic.
How about reverse racism.....?
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 09:59 AM   #100
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,614
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardbill
I have news for you people... even if I were racist... Nazi... KKK... Black Panther...




I bet you five bucks you wont' go to a rally
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.42980 seconds with 80 queries