|August 8th, 2011, 01:24 PM||#1|
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Another GL4x4 PSA
Advise vs Advice
ad·vise /ędˈvaɪz/ Show Spelled [ad-vahyz] Show IPA verb, -vised, -vis·ing.
verb (used with object)
1. to give counsel to; offer an opinion or suggestion as worth following: I advise you to be cautious.
2. to recommend as desirable, wise, prudent, etc.: He advised secrecy.
3. to give (a person, group, etc.) information or notice (often followed by of ): The investors were advised of the risk. They advised him that this was their final notice.
The authors advise introducing new foods slowly but persistently.
But some who have used the program advise caution.
If this information is incorrect please advise .
ad·vice /ędˈvaɪs/ Show Spelled[ad-vahys] Show IPA
1. an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.: I shall act on your advice.
2. a communication, especially from a distance, containing information: Advice from abroad informs us that the government has fallen. Recent diplomatic advices have been ominous.
3. an official notification, especially one pertaining to a business agreement: an overdue advice.
That's not bad advice for devotees of any high calling, whether art, scholarship or the church.
The information on our Web site is not intended as financial or legal advice .
Rely only on advice from travel health specialists.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|