Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:10 PM   #1
xjmichigan
Senior Member
 
xjmichigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 4,313
iTrader: (16)
DTE lol

Look at all the power outages yet:

http://www.dteenergy.com/map/outage.html

In Redford, family has been with out power for 4 days
xjmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:16 PM   #2
_Kyle_
Senior Member
 
_Kyle_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-09
Location: Montgomery Village, MD/Lambertville, MI
Posts: 1,000
iTrader: (6)
Send a message via AIM to _Kyle_
It's crazy what happens with that record heat. . .
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:55 AM   #3
Spence1986
SlowBalt SS
 
Spence1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Redford Michigan
Posts: 2,435
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Spence1986
We lost power for about 20 hours. Wednesday night from 8pm to 4ish pm Thursday. Its all back on and good now though. They where giving away ice, water, and Gatorade down the street at the Church which i thought was cool.
Spence1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:57 AM   #4
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,382
iTrader: (10)
I was just looking at the map. they only service out to the east side of M 52. that leaves me out of their area. last I knew I was on the last leg of the Gary Indiana line. my record out here is 13 days the neighbors have told me. I have seen it go 6 1/2 days
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 08:01 AM   #5
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (8)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
I was just looking at the map. they only service out to the east side of M 52. that leaves me out of their area. last I knew I was on the last leg of the Gary Indiana line. my record out here is 13 days the neighbors have told me. I have seen it go 6 1/2 days
Hate to tell you, but you have never been on a line directly out of Gary Indiana, unless you were living near Gary, Indiana.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:15 AM   #6
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Hate to tell you,
No you don't.
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:23 AM   #7
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,395
iTrader: (52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
No you don't.



And yet, as a country, who wants to add nuclear plants? more coal plants? bird chopping ugly windmills off silver lake? dam more rivers to kill fish?

Its not like power usage is going down...
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:33 AM   #8
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
In for Nuclear!
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:38 AM   #9
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (8)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
No you don't.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:33 AM   #10
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,382
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Hate to tell you, but you have never been on a line directly out of Gary Indiana, unless you were living near Gary, Indiana.
Dunno, but what I do know is when the power went out in like 7 states a few years ago the only place west of D rot to have power was Chelsea and points west. once past the DTE grid there was no collapse west of their power grid.
there were cars lined up down the highway for miles of people looking for food & gas. it was nuts
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM   #11
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,382
iTrader: (10)
http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/mpsc/electric/map.htm



according to this map I am part of Consumers, so hard to say which route my power takes to get here.
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:43 AM   #12
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,133
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
Dunno, but what I do know is when the power went out in like 7 states a few years ago the only place west of D rot to have power was Chelsea and points west. once past the DTE grid there was no collapse west of their power grid.
there were cars lined up down the highway for miles of people looking for food & gas. it was nuts
that's a really great useless story that none of us give a shit about
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:53 AM   #13
youngjeepguy
Jeeper
 
Join Date: 02-13-06
Location: Ferndale
Posts: 302
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence1986 View Post
We lost power for about 20 hours. Wednesday night from 8pm to 4ish pm Thursday. Its all back on and good now though. They where giving away ice, water, and Gatorade down the street at the Church which i thought was cool.
Same here in Ferndale, they have opened a community center and got about 40 red cross cots, they are giving away Gatorade, ice, water, and town home soda. Garden Fresh Salsa also donated a bunch of Little Ceasers pizzas and chips and salsa. The city was also providing rides to the community center for elderly.
youngjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:20 PM   #14
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (8)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/mpsc/electric/map.htm

according to this map I am part of Consumers, so hard to say which route my power takes to get here.
You are in the Consumers territory which handles local distribution lines. ITC (International Transmission Co.) handles all the transmission level power flows.

During the blackout, Consumers' system got LUCKY. Their disconnects opened, disconnecting them from Detroit Edison. That prevented them from losing their entire system too. I was right in the thick of it that day at DTE. I used to work on the hourly desk across the table from the folks that dispatch all of DTE's power plants. I spent the next several days working in downtown Detroit helping to coordinate restoring power to SE Michigan in the System Operations Center (SOC). Had Consumers' system stayed connected, one of two things would have happened. They would have helped Detroit Edison stay on-line, or they would have lost their system. The system is designed to stay connected now though.

Your power will flow in from multiple directions depending on the system conditions. It might be coming in from DTE, Consumers, AEP, or even off of my plants here in Lansing. But, there are a lot of substations between you and Gary Indiana.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:49 PM   #15
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
So what you're saying is that Yetti is full of shit, and his house was NEVER powered by the Jackson Five?
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:51 PM   #16
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,133
iTrader: (46)
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 02:09 PM   #17
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (8)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
So what you're saying is that Yetti is full of shit, and his house was NEVER powered by the Jackson Five?
Possibly Latoya and Janet, but definitely not Michael or the other ones I can't remember their names.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:29 PM   #18
archerchaos
I shoot bows & I'm a girl
 
archerchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-11
Location: birmingham, michigan and Boyne City michigan
Posts: 721
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Possibly Latoya and Janet, but definitely not Michael or the other ones I can't remember their names.
No, it had to be Michael, he was the flamer
archerchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 06:53 PM   #19
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,382
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
So what you're saying is that Yetti is full of shit, and his house was NEVER powered by the Jackson Five?
I have to say I haven't heard it put that way before.
as for the which part of the grid I am on is only what the neighbors have told me when the power was out in the past.
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 09:40 PM   #20
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
I have to say I haven't heard it put that way before.
as for the which part of the grid I am on is only what the neighbors have told me when the power was out in the past.


I often look at things differently.
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.19982 seconds with 51 queries