Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 20th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #21
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
We have ATT and haven't had to many problems. They are just expensive. We're off contract now and have thought about moving to straight talk or something like that. we pay 110 ish dollars a month for 300 min and 200 texts a piece. Not worth it IMO. I just don't want to go through the hassle of getting a new phone. Mostly because I have a Rugby phone which has stayed alive for 3 years. Which is almost impossible with me. I threw it against a wall once and put a hole in the wall. It still works. I'd have to get a new phone and it wouldn't surrvive as long. That or I would have to stop throwing it when I get pissed.
Temper temper christian man, is that how a pastor should act?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #22
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,106
iTrader: (46)
verizon, I have att&t and verizon, my verizon has 10x the coverage and way less dropped calls. I don't even get my att&t out of my desk drawer at work anymore. I just use my cell phone.

Both phones are the exact same model. So it's a network difference for sure.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #23
jeepbrattt
HER RIG
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: waterford mi
Posts: 7,028
iTrader: (25)
I don't really think the dropped calls issue is a phone problem. It's a matter of where the towers are. I had cingular and that was great til they merged with AT&T, dropped every flippin call at my house after that, good elsewhere. They actually let me out of my contract cost free it was so bad. I now have Sprint, drop less calls at house, still don't drop elsewhere. I don't find Sprint as expensive as Verizon, I did some checking a couple monthes ago. And I personally have had no issues with customer service, they have screwed up my bill a couple times, 1 phone call fixed it and they always gave me a small credit if asked for having the issue.

Don't want dropped calls?? Find out who has the most towers in your area.
__________________
- - - HER RIG - - -
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #24
jaysusr
Senior Member
 
jaysusr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-10
Location: Oakland county.
Posts: 984
iTrader: (2)
Verizon works darn good for me. as for fun ways to dispatch a cell phone ive thoroughly enjoyed shooting them with pellet gun.
jaysusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #25
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,265
iTrader: (12)
Verizon at work with a Droid2, no major problems- just sometimes buffers streaming audio when I get out of a 3G area, wife has MetroPCS, I'm impressed with how well it works for $40/month unlimited.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #26
SHARPMACHINE
F-U-CANCER!!!
 
SHARPMACHINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-29-06
Location: MONTAGUE MI (BY THE SAND BOX)
Posts: 4,386
iTrader: (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I check my mail on it, post on gl4x4, facebook etc and send/receive picture texts all the time. So yeah, you are ignorant on yet another topic.
Which phone do you have?
__________________
Hay, look at me... I have a signature.....



RIP FULLSIZE4LIFE
SHARPMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #27
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,757
iTrader: (7)
I have a sprint black berry and i think sprint sucks ass. Get anywhere near the big lake and drops calls, down in the valleys around here it drops calls. Plain out sucks. And im stuck for another year and a few months.
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #28
cornrowcornilius
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-19-09
Location: Three Rivers/ MI
Posts: 974
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I check my mail on it, post on gl4x4, facebook etc and send/receive picture texts all the time. So yeah, you are ignorant on yet another topic.
This

I have Straight Talk and use the Samsung RC355 and have no issues at all with web. I had an IPhone with ATT and got tired of paying out the ass for shitty service, now I pay $47 a month and have never dropped a call. I am too old to give a shit about carrying a welfare phone lol.
cornrowcornilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #29
homerdogeo8
booger eatin' moron
 
homerdogeo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-08
Location: St Johns
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I check my mail on it, post on gl4x4, facebook etc and send/receive picture texts all the time. So yeah, you are ignorant on yet another topic.
and it looks like you were too fukcing stupid to read my entire post before you commented

Last edited by homerdogeo8; July 20th, 2011 at 11:17 AM.
homerdogeo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #30
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,860
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Temper temper christian man, is that how a pastor should act?
You mean human? Yeah. I know it's foreign to most people because they don't see a pastor more then 4 or 5 hours a week. When you live with one, You see that Christians aren't perfect, even the pastor.

BTW, it wasn't anger but frustration because I stepped in a little present our Chihuahua left in the bedroom.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #31
homerdogeo8
booger eatin' moron
 
homerdogeo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-08
Location: St Johns
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornrowcornilius View Post
This

I have Straight Talk and use the Samsung RC355 and have no issues at all with web. I had an IPhone with ATT and got tired of paying out the ass for shitty service, now I pay $47 a month and have never dropped a call. I am too old to give a shit about carrying a welfare phone lol.
And like I said "unless you buy one of their more expensive phones" looks like that went right over your head too.
homerdogeo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #32
SizeMatters
Sketchy, Son....
 
SizeMatters's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-24-10
Location: Blanchard, MI
Posts: 2,535
iTrader: (5)
I have Alltell/Verizon with the HTC Wildfire, and I like it alot.
SizeMatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #33
nick_n_ii
Senior Member
 
nick_n_ii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-12-06
Location: North Muskegon, Michigan
Posts: 1,684
iTrader: (13)
Send a message via Yahoo to nick_n_ii
I have Sprint with a Epic 4g..

Customer service has been great the 2 times I've had to call them. Down side as summer came on it got harder to get signal in my house (home has VERY old wiring).

We left AT&T for sprint I did have Verizon many years ago and other than pricy was good also..
nick_n_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #34
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,265
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
You mean human? Yeah. I know it's foreign to most people because they don't see a pastor more then 4 or 5 hours a week. When you live with one, You see that Christians aren't perfect, even the pastor.

BTW, it wasn't anger but frustration because I stepped in a little present our Chihuahua left in the bedroom.
So you took it out on an innocent phone? Should have thrown the little poopmachine.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #35
cornrowcornilius
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-19-09
Location: Three Rivers/ MI
Posts: 974
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerdog View Post
And like I said "unless you buy one of their more expensive phones" looks like that went right over your head too.
I wouldn't say that it went over my head...just like I wouldn't say that $89 is an "expensive" phone?
cornrowcornilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #36
homerdogeo8
booger eatin' moron
 
homerdogeo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-08
Location: St Johns
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornrowcornilius View Post
I wouldn't say that it went over my head...just like I wouldn't say that $89 is an "expensive" phone?
For a phone you can't buy any more through Straight Talk. The cheapest one they have now that will do anything other than their crappy "mobile web" is $199.
homerdogeo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #37
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARPMACHINE View Post
Which phone do you have?
the cheap one, its a lg. its literally held together by electrical tape and still works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerdog View Post
and it looks like you were too fukcing stupid to read my entire post before you commented
i read it all, you are still a retard and don't know wtf you are talking about.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #38
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerdog View Post
For a phone you can't buy any more through Straight Talk. The cheapest one they have now that will do anything other than their crappy "mobile web" is $199.
their crappy mobile web is good enough for me to use it to call you a faggot. faggot.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #39
homerdogeo8
booger eatin' moron
 
homerdogeo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-08
Location: St Johns
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
the cheap one, its a lg. its literally held together by electrical tape and still works.



i read it all, you are still a retard and don't know wtf you are talking about.
umm I'm pretty sure I do. Go to StraightTalk and try to replace your pos phone with one that gets something other than "mobile web". It's going to cost you $199. Which for someone that throws their cellphone through walls like the original poster is probably expensive to replace on a recurring basis.
homerdogeo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #40
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerdog View Post
umm I'm pretty sure I do. Go to StraightTalk and try to replace your pos phone with one that gets something other than "mobile web". It's going to cost you $199. Which for someone that throws their cellphone through walls like the original poster is probably expensive to replace on a recurring basis.
Why would I? my pos works great. it isnt a smart phone, but its cheap and tough.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.19179 seconds with 50 queries