Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 11th, 2011, 06:45 AM   #1
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,966
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
So a guy open carries up to his girlfriends traffic stop, and brings a camera.

I think the cops are d-bags for lying. And I think this guy is a d-bag for open carrying up to a traffic stop. Three d-bags.


__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:09 AM   #2
jeepbrattt
HER RIG
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: waterford mi
Posts: 7,029
iTrader: (25)
Cop #2 didn't seem so bad, just doin back-up. The first cop needs to be schooled on the laws of his state tho.
__________________
- - - HER RIG - - -
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:10 AM   #3
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,966
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
Cop #2 didn't seem so bad, just doin back-up. The first cop needs to be schooled on the laws of his state tho.
The 2nd cop is the one saying it's illegal not to give a cop your license.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:16 AM   #4
jeepbrattt
HER RIG
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: waterford mi
Posts: 7,029
iTrader: (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
The 2nd cop is the one saying it's illegal not to give a cop your license.
He backpedeled later on. Love the intimidation game some cops play. 1st cop still gets biggest d-bag award.
__________________
- - - HER RIG - - -
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:22 AM   #5
gmotox
Senior Member
 
gmotox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-08-08
Location: Waterford/Michigan 48327
Posts: 2,522
iTrader: (98)
Why walk up to an officer during a traffic stop while open carrying and holding video camera?
This guy was looking for trouble and wasting the officers time. I was hopin he got tased
gmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #6
curbdog17
.
 
curbdog17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-10-08
Location: 49415
Posts: 28,883
iTrader: (23)
All three are D-Bags and Liars.
curbdog17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #7
Spence1986
SlowBalt SS
 
Spence1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Redford Michigan
Posts: 2,435
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Spence1986
F- live leak for being un-watchable at work.
Spence1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:47 AM   #8
Ridin Dirty
kixx007 wants to be me
 
Ridin Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: Metamora,Mi.
Posts: 8,904
iTrader: (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmotox View Post
Why walk up to an officer during a traffic stop while open carrying and holding video camera?
This guy was looking for trouble and wasting the officers time. I was hopin he got tased
Yes he was. He went there looking for nothing other than exactly what he got, although he probably would have been happier if the officers would have taken it further. Idiot
__________________
"It's all good. We've caught a lot nicer shit than this on fire"

Last edited by Ridin Dirty; July 11th, 2011 at 07:50 AM.
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #9
revho
$9.00 vanilla malt
 
revho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: beaverdam, mi
Posts: 2,320
iTrader: (5)
I'm actually tired of the whole OC "movement". It seems to be similar to pit bulls in that the only time we hear about it is when things like this happen. Why push the envelope. Just live your life. Why bring a video camera. He was obviously trying to get a reaction by doing it.

I do OC myself on occassion but it's shit like this that makes me not even want to. I understand the "if you don't excercise the right it will be lost". Also true that shit like this can make it go away as well. Yes officers need more training on what is and is not allowed per law. This is no way to go about it though IMO.
revho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:52 AM   #10
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,966
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
I don't see a point in open carrying. For one, you look like a total d-bag. Kids, and women, and most men do NOT feel save seeing others walk around with firearms hanging off their belts.

On the other hand, I'm very rarely not strapped, and I feel protected. I live in a right to carry state, so I guess I don't have to worry about not being able to carry. If I lived in a state that prevented people from carrying concealed, but allowed open carry, I probably would have a different opinion.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #11
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,271
iTrader: (12)
Do the OC people realize they are giving anti-gun people exactly what they want to ban all carry options?
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:59 AM   #12
14muddn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-10-08
Location: Wixom/MI
Posts: 1,739
iTrader: (5)
I'm upset I spent 10 minutes watching that.
14muddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:59 AM   #13
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 19,957
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revho View Post
I'm actually tired of the whole OC "movement". It seems to be similar to pit bulls in that the only time we hear about it is when things like this happen. Why push the envelope. Just live your life. Why bring a video camera. He was obviously trying to get a reaction by doing it.

I do OC myself on occassion but it's shit like this that makes me not even want to. I understand the "if you don't excercise the right it will be lost". Also true that shit like this can make it go away as well. Yes officers need more training on what is and is not allowed per law. This is no way to go about it though IMO.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I don't see a point in open carrying. For one, you look like a total d-bag. Kids, and women, and most men do NOT feel save seeing others walk around with firearms hanging off their belts.

On the other hand, I'm very rarely not strapped, and I feel protected. I live in a right to carry state, so I guess I don't have to worry about not being able to carry. If I lived in a state that prevented people from carrying concealed, but allowed open carry, I probably would have a different opinion.
And this. I support OC and can see where it would be nice while hiking, etc. Also it's easier to carry a larger frame gun, which is also nice at times. On the other hand, I can't think of a time I've open carried in public.

These guys going looking for a reaction are hurting more than they are helping. It's like the idiot who brought a long gun to an open carry luncheon. It makes everyone look like a lunatic.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #14
Why YJ?
Don't be a wuss... HIT IT
 
Why YJ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-08
Location: West Branch,MI
Posts: 1,333
iTrader: (10)
I completely understand why the officer would want to know who this guy is. I can imagine it would get a little hairy when someone walks up on you while you are doing a traffic stop open carrying or not.

It seems to me the REAL douche bag here is the guy with the camera.
Why YJ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #15
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
LOL @ states where people get excited over OC. I see people carrying out here all the time, no one cares.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:06 AM   #16
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,271
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
LOL @ states where people get excited over OC. I see people carrying out here all the time, no one cares.
I agree, no one cares.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #17
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 19,957
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why YJ? View Post
I completely understand why the officer would want to know who this guy is. I can imagine it would get a little hairy when someone walks up on you while you are doing a traffic stop open carrying or not.

It seems to me the REAL douche bag here is the guy with the camera.
But he doesn't have the legal right to ask simply based on the guy openly carrying a gun. We are right to carry state and there is no law that says a person open carrying is even obligated to carry ID.

No doubt the guy is an idiot but that doesn't change the law. The cop needed to tell the guy to get back, just like he would to any other citizen walking up on a scene where he doesn't belong.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #18
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,678
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
But he doesn't have the legal right to ask simply based on the guy openly carrying a gun. We are right to carry state and there is no law that says a person open carrying is even obligated to carry ID.

No doubt the guy is an idiot but that doesn't change the law. The cop needed to tell the guy to get back, just like he would to any other citizen walking up on a scene where he doesn't belong.
If the officer is working an investigation, could he not do a terry stop on the individual, and secure his firearm for the duration of the stop? I believe Terry v. Ohio said that officers have a right to secure weapons in their immediate surroundings while working an investigation.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #19
hosejockey4506
Visiting Admin
 
hosejockey4506's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: fenton
Posts: 8,707
iTrader: (42)
i hate POS like this he is just looking to harass some one and make a scene.
__________________
one of Michigans 99% er club.
hosejockey4506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #20
fukkinrizzo
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
 
fukkinrizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-04-07
Location: Port Huron, MI area
Posts: 3,216
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
This



And this. I support OC and can see where it would be nice while hiking, etc. Also it's easier to carry a larger frame gun, which is also nice at times. On the other hand, I can't think of a time I've open carried in public.

These guys going looking for a reaction are hurting more than they are helping. It's like the idiot who brought a long gun to an open carry luncheon. It makes everyone look like a lunatic.
x2
fukkinrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.22190 seconds with 51 queries