Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Classic Threads
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Classic Threads Threads to good to lose! Now all found in one forum!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #41
WSU JK
Senior Member
 
WSU JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-25-08
Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
no one really answered my original question. how fucking helpful
I answered your original question at the top of page 2. Up to a possible $500 fine - after posting that, I noticed that is indeed what the max penalty is for the civil infraction of a zoning ordinance in Waterford Twp. There is also the possibility of a maximum of 93 days in jail but I wouldn't expect that to be given to you for a first violation.
WSU JK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #42
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,557
iTrader: (54)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
it's people like you that further push the Nazi mentality down the throats of the rest of us. Fucking government wants to control every little aspect of everyones lives, because they think they know whats good for us. well they don't..
Now, thats a bit of a stretch.

People have developed cities, townships, etc, because they like to live in a community. And set community rules. And pass laws and ordinances to set up their community as they like.

If you move into a community which does not allow things that you like to do, then you need to research that kind of stuff before you move in. Thats just a fact of life.

Would you like your neighbor to be allowed to burn tires or render animal fat to make their own soap in the back yard? Believe it or not, dumpsters and semi tractors are offensive to some people.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #43
Kodiak450r
Keep on truckin
 
Kodiak450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-07
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 5,911
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

.

Last edited by Kodiak450r; June 19th, 2011 at 09:16 AM.
Kodiak450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #44
s.hembree
Senior Member
 
s.hembree's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-16-07
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,400
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
since you fuckers are always against me on everything i say. i'm willing to bet i could go to a bunch of your houses and find at least one ordinance violation...so non of you are perfect either.

no one really answered my original question. how fucking helpful
I will repeat the question... how in the hell did this guy get a retard badge?
s.hembree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #45
Kodiak450r
Keep on truckin
 
Kodiak450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-07
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 5,911
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

.

Last edited by Kodiak450r; June 19th, 2011 at 09:16 AM.
Kodiak450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #46
cameron69
dog farts are the worst!!
 
cameron69's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-15-08
Location: Dryden
Posts: 1,465
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
since you fuckers are always against me on everything i say. i'm willing to bet i could go to a bunch of your houses and find at least one ordinance violation...so non of you are perfect either.

no one really answered my original question. how fucking helpful
You obviously would not know what to look for as far as ordinance violations....
So NO you would not find any at anybody's house, you can't even find your own!
cameron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #47
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,557
iTrader: (54)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
who are they to suggest that the car doesn't run without verification from me? the law of assumption doesn't work and just proves that someone hates me and is just trying to find a reason to get me in trouble for stupid shit.
Which is a very good reason to try to be a good neighbor. If someone see's a car with the hood up and pieces, then they will assume thats not in good running order.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #48
Ridin Dirty
kixx007 wants to be me
 
Ridin Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: Metamora,Mi.
Posts: 8,923
iTrader: (149)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
im a firm believer in human interaction rather then guilty by assumption. i mind my own damn business, but if my neighbor was doing something that bothered me, i would first take it upon myself to speak with them and see if it can be handled in a rational way. if they refused to comply and it bothered me THAT bad then i would seek official intervention.

i have neighbors that do drugs, have loud annoying parties late at night, and the guy at the end of the street owns a construction company and drives his equipment down the street twice a day. doesn't bother me one bit. what ever happened to live and let live??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
no. i wish there was only because i'd find a way to stop the guy at the end of the street from driving his 10 ton dump truck and tri-axle trailer with his construction equipment up and down the street twice a day. Or i wish i could get B.A.M's auto shop to get a new driveway so there wouldn't be so much traffic on a dead end street
No?
__________________
"It's all good. We've caught a lot nicer shit than this on fire"
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #49
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,557
iTrader: (54)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

We'd all like people to be good neighbors and be stand up people, but there's always 'that house' on every street.

We've got one on our street. Quiet cul de sac, mostly older folks, nice neighbors, etc. THen there's 'that house'.... lots of kids driving fast, slamming car doors at 1am. They had to put down their rottweiler because it was biting people. So they promptly got 2 new puppies that aren't leashed that are walking into other peoples houses.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #50
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
it's people like you that further push the Nazi mentality down the throats of the rest of us. Fucking government wants to control every little aspect of everyones lives, because they think they know whats good for us. well they don't.

the dumpster is not in the road. they call it an easement of whatever. it's right next to the mailbox between the pavement and my fence.
it's not an easement, it is part of the actual road right of way. 90% of the modern platted (and by modern I mean dating back to the 50s and before) within Oakland County have 60' right of ways. That's right, 60'. That means, that area of grass that you mow and consider part of your lawn out by the mail box is not actually your property.

it is part of the right of way, and thus "in the road" for ordinance purposes. if it were actually on the physically improved portion of the road, you would also have been ticketed by a police officer for obstruction.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #51
WSU JK
Senior Member
 
WSU JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-25-08
Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Because I enjoy this topic, I dug a bit deeper. Here's your definitive answer of what happens when you failed to appear in court (taken directly from the complete Charter Township of Waterford Code of Ordinances available online at http://www.municode.com):

Quote:
Sec. 11-407. Failure to respond to court citation; criminal sanctions.
In the event a person fails to appear and respond to a court citation issued herein, such person shall be deemed to have committed a misdemeanor and, upon conviction therefore, shall be punished in accordance with section 1-10 of this Code. The issuance of a complaint for failure to appear before the court for a civil infraction court citation shall be in accordance with the procedures set forth by law and in the Code of Ordinances.
(Ord. of 7-23-01)
So yes, you committed a misdemeanor and are subject to the portion of the code below:

Quote:
Sec. 1-10. Penalties and sanctions.
(a) Unless another penalty or sanction is expressed provided by this Code for any particular provision or section, every person convicted of a violation of any provision of this Code, or any rule or regulation adopted or issued pursuant thereto, shall be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500.00), or by imprisonment for not more than ninety (90) days, or by both such fine and imprisonment. Each act of violation and every day upon which any such violation shall occur shall constitute a separate offense. Any reference to section 1-10 shall mean this subparagraph, unless subparagraph (b) is specifically referenced.
(b) Violations which are designated as civil infractions shall be subject to sanctions as set forth in section 11-408 for the civil infractions bureau, and section 11-409 for civil infraction court citations.
(c) In addition to the penalties provided in subsection (a) and (b) of this section, the township may enjoin or abate any violation of this Code by appropriate action.
(Ord. of 7-8-02)
State law references: Limitation on penalties, MCL 42.21.
Quote:
Sec. 11-409. Sanctions for civil infraction court citation.
(a) Determination responsible or responsible with explanation. The judge or magistrate may order the defendant to pay a civil fine and costs of not less than nine dollars ($9.00) or more than five hundred dollars ($500.00). Costs in addition to the costs taxable in civil actions, may include all expenses, direct and indirect, to which the township has been put in connection with the municipal civil infractions, up to the entry of judgment.
(b) Orders. In addition to ordering the defendant determined to be responsible for a municipal civil infraction to pay a civil fine, costs, damages and expenses, the court may issue any judgment, writ or order necessary to enforce this article pursuant to MCL 600.8701, as may be amended.
(c) Continuing offense. Each act of violation, and on each day upon which any such violation shall occur, shall constitute a separate offense.
(Ord. of 7-23-01)
To summarize, you owe the Township somewhere between $9 and $500 and possibly additional court costs, have likely been ordered to clean up your junk by Date X, and will be fined amount $Y for each day past X that you have not complied.
WSU JK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #52
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
it's not an easement, it is part of the actual road right of way. 90% of the modern platted (and by modern I mean dating back to the 50s and before) within Oakland County have 60' right of ways. That's right, 60'. That means, that area of grass that you mow and consider part of your lawn out by the mail box is not actually your property.

it is part of the right of way, and thus "in the road" for ordinance purposes. if it were actually on the physically improved portion of the road, you would also have been ticketed by a police officer for obstruction.
Whose property is it then? If it is not "your" property, how can the city/twp require "you" to mow it?
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #53
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 20,758
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Kodiak, here's my summary.
Parking the semi in your driveway........... convenient but wrong.
2 yard dumpster because it's a freebie.......... stupid on your part. Get a couple garbage cans like everyone else.
Working on your comaro in your garage......... no one's business but yours. I'm with you on this one. Almost everybody on this site has a project in their garage that would fall into this violation.
Failing to appear for a court date........... STUPID on your part. Qualifies as another classic Kodiak thread.

You really need to understand how to interact with your neigbors and society in general. No one is specifically picking on you, you bring it upon yourself because you don't understand that you can't just do whatever you damn well please.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #54
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,762
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Kodiak, here's my summary.
Parking the semi in your driveway........... convenient but wrong.
2 yard dumpster because it's a freebie.......... stupid on your part. Get a couple garbage cans like everyone else.
Working on your comaro in your garage......... no one's business but yours. I'm with you on this one. Almost everybody on this site has a project in their garage that would fall into this violation.
Failing to appear for a court date........... STUPID on your part. Qualifies as another classic Kodiak thread.

You really need to understand how to interact with your neigbors and society in general. No one is specifically picking on you, you bring it upon yourself because you don't understand that you can't just do whatever you damn well please.
boom
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #55
pumpshop4
USMC
 
pumpshop4's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: Midland Mi. 48640
Posts: 1,331
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
commercial vehicle parked on residential property, vehicle parts/dismantling in a residential area is what my gf told me it said. she said the pictures they included showed the truck parked in my driveway, the dumpster located at the corner of my driveway, and my camaro with the hood up in the garage and all my parts on the floor of the garage, nothing was in the driveway at the time
This is why I think this story is made up. He says he has a girlfriend and she can read.
pumpshop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #56
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,293
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
once again i hate waterford township and can't wait to move the fukc somewhere else. my gf called me the other day said i got a code enforcement letter saying that i can't have my big truck parked in my driveway, i can't have my dumpster where it's at, and i can't have my OWN vehicle tore apart in my garage. well the court date was today, and im in Missouri. Being that this is a stupid civil case what happens because i missed it? the court clerk said either i get a default judgement against me or they issue a warrant and the douchebag officer is unreachable. needless to say im royally pissed right now.

LOL. They did not say that. I'm guessing it's because you don't have a garage door, or you scrapped the garage door for PBR money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
before the rest of you dipshits say clean up your yard, just save it. as of now there is nothing wrong with my yard or where i live. so STFU. the main complaint against me is having my semi parked in my driveway. i have been searching to find the ordinance that says you can't have a commercial vehicle on your property. last i remember the law was you could have 1 commercial vehicle at your residence.
You suck ass at researching. If my neighbor had a semi parked in his driveway long term, I would call the township every three hours until it was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
no. i wish there was only because i'd find a way to stop the guy at the end of the street from driving his 10 ton dump truck and tri-axle trailer with his construction equipment up and down the street twice a day. Or i wish i could get B.A.M's auto shop to get a new driveway so there wouldn't be so much traffic on a dead end street
Call code enforcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
i should have quit when i was home last week. then i wouldn't have this problem cuz i would have seen the asshole outside my place taking notes, and would have bitched him out then and not had a court date to worry about.
lol. If you bitch out a code enforcement officer, I bet (and hope) he would even try harder to non-white-trash your house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
i have a small 2 yard dumpster at my house as my trash service. thanks to a hook up from a friend i pay nothing for it and weekly service. i was paying 30 a month for taddonio disposal and sometimes they wouldn't even pick up the trash. so i got sick of that shit quickly. you can drive by my house right now all your gonna see is my 2 trucks in the driveway. thats it.
You're full of shit again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
i
the prick that lives 2 houses down from me works for the township in the water department, and his wife works at town hall. that guy im almost certain is the culprit as i have talked to all of the rest of my neighbors except them and non of them have ever had a problem with me.
You should be happy somebody cares about your neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
1 You're SOL is basically what i was told by the clerk and that i have to contact the officer to arrange a new court date. well i left 2 messages and haven't received a call back yet
lol. you're full of shit again. You don't need to contact an officer to arrange a court date you retard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
2 i don't have the paper in front of me. dumpster on right of way of street, commercial vehicle parked on residential property,[ vehicle parts/dismantling in a residential area is what my gf told me it said . she said the pictures they included showed the truck parked in my driveway, the dumpster located at the corner of my driveway, and my camaro with the hood up in the garage and all my parts on the floor of the garage, nothing was in the driveway at the time
And you wonder why you have issues....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post

3 before they redid the stupid website i read where it said 1 commercial vehicle was allowed on a residential property so long as there is a principal structure on the property as well. now i can't find it
So now after your old garbage company failed to pick up your trash, you couldn't get a hold of somebody at the court to reschedule your court date, now you're claiming that the waterford township website had inaccurate information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
i see plenty of commercial vehicles parked at houses where obviously the person who owns the business lives. never see anything done to them about it....
Are these company trucks and vans accompanied by dumpsters and peterbuilts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
it's people like you that further push the Nazi mentality down the throats of the rest of us. Fucking government wants to control every little aspect of everyones lives, because they think they know whats good for us. well they don't.
No, the problem is you're destroying the property value, and happiness of your neighbors. Even though you claim you talked to every one of them but the guy who complained (why wouldn't you talk to him??) they still hate you and think you're 113% WT.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
since you fuckers are always against me on everything i say. i'm willing to bet i could go to a bunch of your houses and find at least one ordinance violation...so non of you are perfect either.
lol. I'll pay you $100 per violation you find at my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post

i have neighbors that do drugs, have loud annoying parties late at night, and the guy at the end of the street owns a construction company and drives his equipment down the street twice a day. doesn't bother me one bit. what ever happened to live and let live??
It doesn't bother you because you're already white trash.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #57
mudchucker
Senior Member
 
mudchucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-07
Location: Springport
Posts: 608
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

in our parts, we just take care of people like you and the sheriff understands. fuckin dumpster in the yard.
mudchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #58
cglenn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Location: .
Posts: 5,719
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Kodiak, just take it with a grain of salt. Who the fukc cares if you missed it? You explain to them that you are out of town because your job required you to.
Keep your project stashed away in the garage, perhaps put a car cover on it when you aren't working on it either just to be safe. You want to make sure your neighbors think you are hiding more than a Camaro, you want them to think you are hiding WMDs in your garage. Keep the garage door closed as much as you can. Tint the garage windows too if you have any.
As far as your trash can service thing goes... I'm not sure what to do about it besides building a fence or something around the dumpster. Out of sight, out of mind.
cglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #59
hosejockey4506
Visiting Admin
 
hosejockey4506's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: fenton
Posts: 8,758
iTrader: (42)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
LOL. They did not say that. I'm guessing it's because you don't have a garage door, or you scrapped the garage door for PBR money.



You suck ass at researching. If my neighbor had a semi parked in his driveway long term, I would call the township every three hours until it was gone.



Call code enforcement.



lol. If you bitch out a code enforcement officer, I bet (and hope) he would even try harder to non-white-trash your house.



You're full of shit again.



You should be happy somebody cares about your neighborhood.



lol. you're full of shit again. You don't need to contact an officer to arrange a court date you retard.



And you wonder why you have issues....



So now after your old garbage company failed to pick up your trash, you couldn't get a hold of somebody at the court to reschedule your court date, now you're claiming that the waterford township website had inaccurate information?



Are these company trucks and vans accompanied by dumpsters and peterbuilts?



No, the problem is you're destroying the property value, and happiness of your neighbors. Even though you claim you talked to every one of them but the guy who complained (why wouldn't you talk to him??) they still hate you and think you're 113% WT.





lol. I'll pay you $100 per violation you find at my house.



It doesn't bother you because you're already white trash.
what he said you white trash dirty fukc
__________________
one of Michigans 99% er club.
hosejockey4506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #60
mrclean
Silver Lake
 
mrclean's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: clarkston, mi
Posts: 6,297
iTrader: (141)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Kodiak, here's my summary.
Parking the semi in your driveway........... convenient but wrong.
2 yard dumpster because it's a freebie.......... stupid on your part. Get a couple garbage cans like everyone else.
Working on your comaro in your garage......... no one's business but yours. I'm with you on this one. Almost everybody on this site has a project in their garage that would fall into this violation.
Failing to appear for a court date........... STUPID on your part. Qualifies as another classic Kodiak thread.

You really need to understand how to interact with your neigbors and society in general. No one is specifically picking on you, you bring it upon yourself because you don't understand that you can't just do whatever you damn well please.
x2 well put.

Honestly, it's all in how you handle yourself. Do you know for sure that B.A.M. or anyone else on your street isn't being fined? Maybe they are going through a similar thing. I "think" I understand a little of where you are coming from with the "it's on my property, who else should" care logic, but that way just doesn't fly anymore. Dumpster's are ugly imo and no one wants to see them. I have been by your place (no, I won't take pics or give an address) and for the most part, everything is picked up or behind your fence. Is there any way that if you want to keep the dumpster you could put it behind your fence and maybe have an opening that the dumpster truck to get to? Little solutions like this "may" appease some into looking past some of the other things that bother them instead of just seeing nothing done. It would be nice if people would talk possibly "face-to-face" about problems, but that's not always the case and probably won't happen if it's already gone this far. I would take all of this as a pleasant warning to turn things around before it gets much, much worse.
mrclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Classic Threads
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.34585 seconds with 50 queries