Cool new gadget that actually makes sense! Lubricheck - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 19th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #21
wadshrp
Senior Member
 
wadshrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-11-10
Location: South Lyon, MI
Posts: 680
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker the d-bag View Post
The fact that they need $17,000 worries me, because they're all wearing nice clothes, and who can't get a personal loan for $17k?
yea thats what im saying... ill just wait another few weeks till it hits the market and then buy one
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker the d-bag View Post
I'll trade you my trail rig for the front wheels off your joe dirtmobile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
Hi steveo, this is chadcooper55. I like long walks on the beach and I can take two dicks in my butt at the same time. Want to go out some time?
wadshrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #22
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,554
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

I'm in for $50.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #23
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I pledged $200 in gl4x4 casino cash.
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #24
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,119
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

I just gave them $17,000. I am a 51% share holder.
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #25
tsaguy
drink the hotdog water.
 
tsaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
Posts: 4,338
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
I just gave them $17,000. I am a 51% share holder.
I just gave them $17,001. I now own Mr. Green.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I do drive a jeep and I have puffed a peter maybe once or twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I am willing to bet its a bunch of geriatric old farts bitching about anyone under 50 and touching each others weiners.
tsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #26
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,972
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaguy View Post
I just gave them $17,001. I now own Mr. Green.
No, You own Mr. Green Again.


I like the idea. I don't have the money to back them though. I'd Gladly buy on though.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #27
Bishop
Senior Member
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-07
Location: brighton, atlanta, MI
Posts: 3,590
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bishop
Default

I would buy one at that price.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #28
Sandals
Fucking Zen as Shit
 
Sandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 15,390
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

WOW only $102 left until funded
Sandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #29
pyrowaves
The Boss
 
pyrowaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Location: Dearborn/Ortonville
Posts: 2,822
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyrowaves
Default

past their goal

I wonder how much this site helped them..
pyrowaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #30
Disturban
Senior Member
 
Disturban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-27-08
Location: Lowell, MI
Posts: 2,794
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadshrp View Post
haha its probably some scam the just wanted everyones money, but good job on the donation
Oh for sure a scam! There are too many variables to check in oil to determine if it needs to be changed such as Low TBN, High TAN, Low viscosity, Shear, ect, ect, for that one little gizmo to be able to check.
Disturban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #31
curbdog17
Mini Van
 
curbdog17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-10-08
Location: 49415
Posts: 32,302
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Default

You gotta be kidding me, I do not believe that any of you put money on this product.
NO WAY!!
curbdog17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #32
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,840
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbdog17 View Post
You gotta be kidding me, I do not believe that any of you put money on this product.
NO WAY!!
Look at the "acknowledgements" on the site...
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #33
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,554
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturban View Post
Oh for sure a scam! There are too many variables to check in oil to determine if it needs to be changed such as Low TBN, High TAN, Low viscosity, Shear, ect, ect, for that one little gizmo to be able to check.
Go get high.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #34
Kodiak450r
Keep on truckin
 
Kodiak450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-07
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 5,911
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
That would be great if it could be incorporated into the car to continuously check your oil quality.
guess you haven't owned a newer gm vehicle ever. they have been doing that shit since at least 1999.
Kodiak450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #35
fischer1399
Member
 
fischer1399's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-11
Location: Onsted, MI
Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

id trust Black Stone much more than that little gadget of yours, ive never seen a truck shop with anything like that. if they want to know when they should be changing their oil and what is going on inside the engine they usually rely on this company or any other oil analysis company. its not instant results, but they actually test the oil the right way...

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/
fischer1399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 07:26 AM   #36
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,554
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrowaves View Post
past their goal

I wonder how much this site helped them..
I won't lie - when I found out about this, I posted it here on purpose. Call it selfish, but GL gets a lot of traffic and Kelly busted his ass to get the site indexed so well it comes up in damn-near every google search.

Honestly. GL4x4 comes up in damn-near every one of my searches on the internets.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 07:46 AM   #37
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,554
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischer1399 View Post
id trust Black Stone much more than that little gadget of yours, ive never seen a truck shop with anything like that. if they want to know when they should be changing their oil and what is going on inside the engine they usually rely on this company or any other oil analysis company. its not instant results, but they actually test the oil the right way...

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/
That's like saying: "I'd rather have a 12 gauge pump shotgun for home defense over a Ruger 22."

Both have their uses, but one is definitely much more thorough than the other, but in some uses, the other gun works much better.

Blackstone oil analysis is awesome for people that use their trucks to make a paycheck or operate a lot of machinery they need to track the health of. Blackstone gives you so much information, you can figure out which parts are wearing at what rate if you send them a few samples. I love Blackstone.

Now, the Lubricheck does make a few claims about being able to tell when something really bad is about to happen by just looking at the sample - but let's ignore that for now and focus on the main function: Taking a few drops of oil and letting you know how much life is left in it. Takes 5 minutes.
Compared to using Blackstone in this way, Blackstone becomes tiresome and expensive - because you're wasting money on extra analysis.

If it ever gets produced, I plan on checking results of the Lubricheck against Blackstone analysis every 2K miles on one of our vehicles. I'll do this once to see what the experts tell me vs. the little tool.


All I know is that I want this thing to take off and sell like a motherfucker. I've known for a long time that 3 months / 3,000 mile oil changes are to sell oil, and now that we need to conserve resources, this gets really important.

Long story short, I totally agree with you about trustin Blackstone for complete oil analysis, but if a 5-min "Lubricheck" can safely double oil change intervals for folks, that's a pretty good thing too.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:34 AM   #38
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,840
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I'm hopeful that it pans out, because I tend to be conservative on oil changes, and supporting my fleet gets pricey.

fwiw, I follow the monitors in the 08 Ram, 09 Impala, and 11 Malibu. They seem legit based on start/stop cycles, use, and time. The Impala calls for changes about every 4K, which takes a while (it only has 18K on it). The Ram seems to go 3-6K, more often when using tow/haul mode. The 'bu is sitting at 75% oil life after 2700 of DD use.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 07:55 AM   #39
special ed
Pickup Agent
 
special ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-14-06
Location: Grayling
Posts: 2,078
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

When I worked for AIS, I was totally sold on oil sampling. Then years later, I had a Cat 550 hp v-8 lunch a crank, and sent in a sample per owner's request. (unit has 11,000 hours with nothing done to bottom end, and he wanted to make sure ut hadn't been "vandalized" ) It was on a Morbark 60/36 chipper in forestry, and greenies had been known to empy fire extinguishers into oil caps.
The sample I sent in looked like metal flake paint, and the test results came back clean, ok to return to service. I called the sampling company ,and they "explained" how they had arrived at their findings. That was the last sample I ever sent in. Just change the oil, you dumb fucks.
special ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 04:54 AM   #40
curbdog17
Mini Van
 
curbdog17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-10-08
Location: 49415
Posts: 32,302
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
That's like saying: "I'd rather have a 12 gauge pump shotgun for home defense over a Ruger 22."

Both have their uses, but one is definitely much more thorough than the other, but in some uses, the other gun works much better.

Blackstone oil analysis is awesome for people that use their trucks to make a paycheck or operate a lot of machinery they need to track the health of. Blackstone gives you so much information, you can figure out which parts are wearing at what rate if you send them a few samples. I love Blackstone.

Now, the Lubricheck does make a few claims about being able to tell when something really bad is about to happen by just looking at the sample - but let's ignore that for now and focus on the main function: Taking a few drops of oil and letting you know how much life is left in it. Takes 5 minutes.
Compared to using Blackstone in this way, Blackstone becomes tiresome and expensive - because you're wasting money on extra analysis.

If it ever gets produced, I plan on checking results of the Lubricheck against Blackstone analysis every 2K miles on one of our vehicles. I'll do this once to see what the experts tell me vs. the little tool.


All I know is that I want this thing to take off and sell like a motherfucker. I've known for a long time that 3 months / 3,000 mile oil changes are to sell oil, and now that we need to conserve resources, this gets really important.

Long story short, I totally agree with you about trustin Blackstone for complete oil analysis, but if a 5-min "Lubricheck" can safely double oil change intervals for folks, that's a pretty good thing too.
Are you involved with the company that is selling/manufacturing this product?
curbdog17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Tags
lubricheck, lubricheck.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.31161 seconds with 81 queries