Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Billy Lane kills a motorist...

2K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  bambam 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#7 ·
Icemanii said:
Unlucky that he killed the innocent rider however. Need to keep the priorities straight on this.
And what priorities would those be?

Hopefully he at least goes up sevreal years for vehicular manslaughter. After all, its a case of a careless idiot driver taking the life of a motorcyclist, right?

#9 ·
How unfortunate. He was my least favorite guy in the biker build off series always too full of himself and drinking when riding etc. He has a picture of himself riding into the sunset painted on the side of his truck. Probably talks about himself in third person as well.

How fast was he going to trash the truck that bad it almost looks like it rolled.

#11 · (Edited)
bjhous said:
How unfortunate. He was my least favorite guy in the biker build off series always too full of himself and drinking when riding etc. He has a picture of himself riding into the sunset painted on the side of his truck. Probably talks about himself in third person as well.

How fast was he going to trash the truck that bad it almost looks like it rolled.
I have never met much less known any of the chopper builders personally but i think a fair amount of the bravodo is for tv ... much like they need a timeline for drama and fights on american chopper with paul sr. and junior, they need some bragging in the intros to build suspense, so its gratifying when one of them fails and loses. He didnt come across to bad relative to the other builders. :shrug: Also i think you can have a picture of your self for your business and its not a huge ego thing. Its a shop truck .... or even if its his daily driver its still a rolling billboard and he can write it off as business expense.

If he was drunk then fawk him. If it was just an honest driver mishap then unfortunate for both parties. Ill reserve jusdgment till the blood test comes back, or more reports from witness's of how each were driving.

#12 ·
Plato2k5 said:
so no files have been charged as there waiting for the sample of blood to come back?? wtf

I hope this ruines him and when they said the moped was "street legal" makes it sound as if it wern't it would be the guys fault.
I agree no other reason to put that in the story but Billy has an engineering degree doesn't that make him a victim of unfortunate circumstances :miff:

#13 ·
Hagar, I meant the priorities should be as follows:
Sorrow - for the victim, not the suspect.
Anger - towards the suspect

Plato2k5, from what I understand about Florida law. If they charge him with the crime of crossing the yellow line and hitting the motorcycle, it is a lesser charge than if he is drunk and does the same thing. They cannot go back and recharge him with a stiffer crime, so they are waiting on seeing how the tox report goes.
I would be it comes back positive and he will be charged for vehicular manslaughter.

FYI, Lane is waiting to go to court in NC for driving the wrong way on a one way street, no helmet, and refusing a breath test there. His court date is Oct 5, and the incident was from earlier this year. Not his first drunk driving offense.

#14 ·
jamiesann said:
I have never met much less known any of the chopper builders personally but i think a fair amount of the bravodo is for tv ... much like they need a timeline for drama and fights on american chopper with paul sr. and junior, they need some bragging in the intros to build suspense, so its gratifying when one of them fails and loses. He didnt come across to bad relative to the other builders. :shrug: Also i think you can have a picture of your self for your business and its not a huge ego thing. Its a shop truck .... or even if its his daily driver its still a rolling billboard and he can write it off as business expense.

If he was drunk then fawk him. If it was just an honest driver mishap then unfortunate for both parties. Ill reserve jusdgment till the blood test comes back, or more reports from witness's of how each were driving.
Go back and read the story. He was passing two vehicles in a no passing zone(double yellow lines). Drunk or not, he was the asshole, he fucked up. Fuck him.

#15 · (Edited)
Icemanii said:
FYI, Lane is waiting to go to court in NC for driving the wrong way on a one way street, no helmet, and refusing a breath test there. His court date is Oct 5, and the incident was from earlier this year. Not his first drunk driving offense.
well thats very telling ... ok i am putting down money he comes back drunk in the blood test. Also betting he will say, now that he killed someone he is an alcoholic, and we need to forgive him and its not his fault :eek: :rolleyes: :mad: If you had asked him last year if he was an alchy or even two weeks ago he would say no. Now that he killed someone he will say he is an alchy and its "not his fault"

#18 ·
Billy Lane I have to say isnt the typical folk you see on those biker shows, most of them are honest guys busting their ass, and he was once one of those guys, but I follow this whole biker thing pretty close, and the more famous he got, the more he thought he had to act like a hells angel. Horrid for the man who died, especially since billy was cursing at the people he was passing for going only five over the speed limit.

Just one more reason for people to hate bikers, and he wasnt even on a bike.

#19 ·
"Lane was trying to pass two other vehicles on a double yellow-lined portion of A1A when his southbound 2006 Dodge Ram pickup collided with a northbound 1983 Yamaha moped"

HE IS TOASTED !!!!
THAT SHOULD BEE MAN 2 HE KILLED SOMEONE WHILE COMMITTING A CRIME !!!

PASSING ON A DOUBLE YELLOW :junk:

PASSING TWO VEHICLES IS :junk:

#21 ·
roll-bar Bob said:
"Lane was trying to pass two other vehicles on a double yellow-lined portion of A1A when his southbound 2006 Dodge Ram pickup collided with a northbound 1983 Yamaha moped"

HE IS TOASTED !!!!
THAT SHOULD BEE MAN 2 HE KILLED SOMEONE WHILE COMMITTING A CRIME !!!

He was probably used to doing it on his chopper and forgot that he was in a slow ass Dodge rollin on 22's :thumb:

Croc hunter would have survived.

PASSING ON A DOUBLE YELLOW :junk:

PASSING TWO VEHICLES IS :junk:
He was probably used to doing it on his chopper and forgot that he was in a slow ass Dodge rollin on 22's :thumb:

Croc hunter would have survived.

#25 ·
Lane's close friend Steven Casanova, a Melbourne attorney, was stunned to hear about the accident. Casanova said Lane is not your "typical biker."

No, he's not. Typical bikers are usually more aware of motorcycles than the common "non-biker" driver. I listen to constant complaints of close calls and idiot drivers with no respect for bikers. Billy Lane, a "bike builder", is obviously just another idiot driver with no respect for anyone else. I met him 2 years ago at the Clubhouse in Flint, and thought he was an asshole then. Obviously a few more people share that opinion now. As for the accident, A1A is a VERY narrow 2 lane road that runs up the east coast of Florida. It's residential and winding. The speed limit is 35-45 most of the time... For good reason. I'm interested to see if with his wanna-be "Celebrity Status" he gets the penalty he deserves. This isn't a "Community Service" type of crime. But that's just my opinion.

#26 ·
bjhous said:
He has a picture of himself riding into the sunset painted on the side of his truck. Probably talks about himself in third person as well.
I think that is just advertisement, people know him, know his face, and that is where he makes money, selling stuff with his name or face on it, not many people buy his bikes.

His guarantee on his bikes, no joke "To the end of the block, then warranty expires."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.