NC Restaurant Banned Guns, Got Robbed At Gunpoint - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 23rd, 2014, 02:13 PM   #1
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default NC Restaurant Banned Guns, Got Robbed At Gunpoint

Not starting an argument that if guns weren't banned the robbery wouldn't have happend; I just thought this article had a really funny title.

I read that title and was like


http://news.yahoo.com/nc-restaurant-...190221477.html

A barbecue restaurant in Durham, North Carolina, was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday night, despite having posted a sign on the door banning weapons, including concealed firearms.

According to ABC 11, three men wearing hoodies and carrying pistols entered The Pit from the back, assaulted two of the employees and made others lie on the floor. The assaulted employees, though, are doing well.

“They’re doing great,” restaurant owner Greg Hatem said. “One of them actually went to the hospital and was released. They took a good look at him, he’s fine.”

Hatem said there were some people in the dining room, but they were able to leave safely. He also said he’s taking it seriously and is offering a $2,000 reward for the robbers to be arrested.

“We want to make sure our guests and our staff are taken care of,” he said.

According to Guns ‘n’ Freedom, however, “This should be a clear reminder that criminals don’t obey gun laws and they don’t obey signs on windows that say that can’t bring their guns inside. These signs only stop law abiding citizens from being able to protect themselves and make the establishment a bigger target for crooks. After all, why pick a target where people can shoot back at you?”
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 23rd, 2014, 02:46 PM   #2
wilesin
Senior Member
 
wilesin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-16-09
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,012
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Fucking crooks. Hatem
wilesin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 04:16 PM   #3
Carbon
Yooper
 
Carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-11-10
Location: U.P. Michigan
Posts: 1,235
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

__________________
Some people just need a high five. In the Face. With a chair.
Carbon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 08:31 PM   #4
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 08:39 PM   #5
marshall
locally famous
 
marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-11
Location: mayville MI
Posts: 3,113
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Robbed by vegans
marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 08:47 PM   #6
1 ton tj on 40's
Senior Member
 
1 ton tj on 40's's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-12
Location: not sure
Posts: 4,369
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

mr green
1 ton tj on 40's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 10:01 PM   #7
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 26,231
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Default

Technically the robbers didn't conceal carry so they obeyed the business owners sign.
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 06:45 AM   #8
curbdog17
Mini Van
 
curbdog17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-10-08
Location: 49415
Posts: 32,537
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
curbdog17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 08:09 AM   #9
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,659
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Being armed should be a civil right in any place open to the general public, with few exceptions.
XXXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #10
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
Being armed should be a civil right in any place open to the general public, with few exceptions.
I see your point, but what right does anybody have to say what a private business owner can/cannot do with their business?
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 05:50 PM   #11
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,572
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
I see your point, but what right does anybody have to say what a private business owner can/cannot do with their business?
One could make it an argument that if the government can regulate that private business owners can not discriminate from race, religion, fiscal status, ect, why should they be allowed to discriminate some one exercising their freedom to protect themselves. Imagine/remember the outrage if businesses put up signs saying No Muslims, poor people, Jewish, black ect.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 07:12 PM   #12
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,121
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
One could make it an argument that if the government can regulate that private business owners can not discriminate from race, religion, fiscal status, ect, why should they be allowed to discriminate some one exercising their freedom to protect themselves. Imagine/remember the outrage if businesses put up signs saying No Muslims, poor people, Jewish, black ect.
That is a very good argument.

Also means that they should not be able to ban smoking.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 07:23 PM   #13
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,572
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

agreed.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 07:30 PM   #14
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 26,231
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
That is a very good argument.

Also means that they should not be able to ban smoking.
I just lit up in a restaurant in Royal Oak. It may have had something to do with my intoxication, but I still got kicked out.
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #15
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,121
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
I just lit up in a restaurant in Royal Oak. It may have had something to do with my intoxication, but I still got kicked out.
It had more to do with being in Royal Joke.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #16
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 3,992
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
One could make it an argument that if the government can regulate that private business owners can not discriminate from race, religion, fiscal status, ect, why should they be allowed to discriminate some one exercising their freedom to protect themselves. Imagine/remember the outrage if businesses put up signs saying No Muslims, poor people, Jewish, black ect.
Can they legally stop you from not allowing a certain race in your private business? I thought when you owned it you could refuse service to anyone without a reason.
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #17
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
One could make it an argument that if the government can regulate that private business owners can not discriminate from race, religion, fiscal status, ect, why should they be allowed to discriminate some one exercising their freedom to protect themselves. Imagine/remember the outrage if businesses put up signs saying No Muslims, poor people, Jewish, black ect.
^ I agree with that as well. It's hard argue with the government telling what to do with somethings, but not others; and vice versa
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #18
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
Can they legally stop you from not allowing a certain race in your private business? I thought when you owned it you could refuse service to anyone without a reason.
Yes, Civil Rights Act, look it up.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #19
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Also, this happened on my turf. It should be noted that the Raleigh location of The Pit hosted Gabby Giffords and her anti-gun tour last July.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #20
Mr.Green456123
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green456123's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,236
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton tj on 40's View Post
mr green
Wasn't me, I swear.
Mr.Green456123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.26746 seconds with 82 queries