Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Nigerian Scam Artist!

851 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tonka5 
#1 · (Edited)
Actually, it Canadian. But here's the story.

A couple days ago, I put THIS AD on craigslist to sell my motorcycle. Shortly thereafter, I recieved the following email.

On 9/1/06, lilian cole <l_cole65@yahoo.ca> wrote:

Hello,

I am Mrs Lilian Cole, I reside in Canada.I came across your advert and i am intrested in purchasing the (1995 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6E) which you offer for sale.

And i will like to know if u are the first owner,your finals asking price,the present conditon,and some more pixs to enable me see what i intend to buy.

At this point i must tell you that the most convenientway to make my payment is through a money order.

pls get back to me as soon as possible.
Regards
Lilian Cole...

To which I replied:

Hello, and thank you for your inquiry. All the photos I have are currently posted on the advertisement. If you would like, I can take more. Please tell me what you desire photos of (speedometer, tires, ect.).

-David-

Another email from Lillian:

Hello David Surmann,

Thanks for your mail, I really do appreciate it, Well Everything sounds well and I guess that the {Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6E } is in excellent condition and I am okay with the price $2300 and I will be willing to offer you $2400 for it. So, I would want you to keep all other buyer's off and also delete the advert from the website.

Concerning payment my client will issue you a Money Order, since I don't have the funds in your currency. For convenient and easy transaction, I have a liable shipping agent who'd be responsible for the Pick up as soon as you receive payment for the { Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6E } .I will therefore need the following information of yours to forward my client before he sends the Money Order.

NAME IN FULL........
ADDRESS IN FULL....
CITY...
STATE...
COUNTRY..........
ZIPCODE.......
CELL/OFFICE/HOME PHONE NUMBER.

I await your soonest reply.
Regards,
Lilian Cole....

And a short reply from me (sorry my phone number is edited out. I can't afford the drunken calls late at night... :stan: )

The motorcycle is currently not at my address, but a few miles away. After I recieve the payment and it clears the bank, I will inform your shipping agent the exact location of the motorcycle. Here is the address to send payment to.

David ***
1.269.426.**** (M-F 5pm-10pm)

I will inform you when the payment clears so you may pick up the motorcycle.

Now here is the thing. I wanted this (obviously fake) money order so I could just pull them along, see how far they would go. But, I am kind of worried about this one. The more I think about it, the more I believe that they might just show up one day, and load the bike into the back of a pickup and haul out.

What do you think?

Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait for her reply to keep you all posted.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.