Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 11th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #61
curbdog17
.
 
curbdog17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-10-08
Location: 49415
Posts: 31,729
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

curbdog17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #62
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,079
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suta99 View Post
I cant believe people think that god created us.
Idiots
Really?
Where do you think we came from? Monkey's
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 09:20 AM   #63
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,022
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Aber61, it takes two to fight. I will quit pointing out that you were contradicting yourself. I proved it on the internet. I do believe there is other forms of life out there, but God does love us all the best!
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #64
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,079
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawk Gobbler View Post
Aber61, it takes two to fight. I will quit pointing out that you were contradicting yourself. I proved it on the internet. I do believe there is other forms of life out there, but God does love us all the best!
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #65
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Ok I guess by the pics I am wrong and there is other life out there. What was I thinking
This isn't the correct forum to post creation and God stuff, but Kerwin and L4CX would agree with me on this.
I am some what agree. This is my take on it.

The Authors of the bible were human. The Prophets, the kings, the Disciples were all human. Being Human limits us to our knowledge. God can speak through us, he can make us do impossible things, but, for the most part, he will only use what we know. There is a verse (which I can't remember at the moment) where it says the Holy spirit can only use what we know. The authors of a majority of the bible were filled with that holy spirit while writing the books. The prophetic books were written by prophets who God talked too. It makes complete sense that it wouldn't mention aliens because the human authors of the bible did not have any knowledge of aliens. Just like Moses didn't talk about DNA or Evolution because they hadn't yet been discovered/made up. .

I keep an open mind about Life out there. So many people assume that if there are aliens that they will be Just like us. Even better and more Scientifically advanced. What happens if they get off thier ship and start speaking of Jesus and the God of the bible. What does that mean to people that don't believe?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
You do realize the bible is fiction, right?

That's like arguing that if crime happens in gotham city batman will REALLY ACTUALLY COME SAVE YOU

yer a fucktard. Go home.
That's your opinion. And it's wrong. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysjeep View Post
You actually think WE are the smartest thing god created?


He creates an entire universe and you think humanity is at its center......


I'm not saying I've seen aliens but, to use the grains of sand referance.......

What part of the one grain of sand that is humanity is more special than any other?
If you look at it biblically it's because God sent his son here. We are not the center of the universe. God is. We are the pinicale of his creation though. He made us to worship him. Do you have any idea how complex we are though? Within our beings there are astromical things going on. Cells dieing, rebuilding; it's amazing.


If you want to look at it from the sand reference, why is our planet so important to keep clean? People worship this planet and the things in it. Yet, according to the sand idea, it's really insignificant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suta99 View Post
I cant believe people think that god created us.
Idiots
Why can't you believe that? There is plenty empirical evidence that people believe in God.

Why are we idiots to look past what we can see? If we're wrong, oh well. Our faith encourages us to help people, to be nice, to treat people well. How is that Idiotic? A majority of missionary work is Christian. I suppose those missions are idiotic too, I don't think the people they help would agree though. Just because it doesn't match up with what you think does not make it idiotic. There are plenty of very intelligent people that believe in God.

Care to Elaborate why you think this? what created us?
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #66
Jimmysjeep
All about the cubicles...
 
Jimmysjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-16-08
Location: 2 Paws
Posts: 1,523
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

We worship and take care of this planet because it is OUR speck of sand, but to the rest of the universe we are insignificant.

If human life were to be snuffed out, the rest of the universe wouldn't even notice.


I believe in God but, do not believe we are his pinnacle. He can do SO much better.
Jimmysjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #67
Suta99
Senior Member
 
Suta99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-09
Location: Leamington/Ontario
Posts: 838
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post

Why can't you believe that? There is plenty empirical evidence that people believe in God.

Why are we idiots to look past what we can see? If we're wrong, oh well. Our faith encourages us to help people, to be nice, to treat people well. How is that Idiotic? A majority of missionary work is Christian. I suppose those missions are idiotic too, I don't think the people they help would agree though. Just because it doesn't match up with what you think does not make it idiotic. There are plenty of very intelligent people that believe in God.

Care to Elaborate why you think this? what created us?

First off nobody created us. we evolved. just like life on any other planet will or has.
Do you think that the people that these christian missions help would care if christians were bringing them aide or I was bringing them aide without all the "god" ?? They only embrace the religion because if they are not acceptant of it they will not get aide. Seems like a good way to get followers, go to the poorest parts of the world and enxchange believing for food and water and shelter. Thats like telling a homeless drunk to suck your cock for a bottle of whiskey, he's gonna do it.
Suta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #68
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,079
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suta99 View Post
First off nobody created us. we evolved. just like life on any other planet will or has.
Do you think that the people that these christian missions help would care if christians were bringing them aide or I was bringing them aide without all the "god" ?? They only embrace the religion because if they are not acceptant of it they will not get aide. Seems like a good way to get followers, go to the poorest parts of the world and enxchange believing for food and water and shelter. Thats like telling a homeless drunk to suck your cock for a bottle of whiskey, he's gonna do it.
I have a scenario for you.
You are walking down the beach and you come across a sand castle. Do you think the sand castle just happen to build itself from the waves crashing on the beach or do you think that just maybe a guy on the beach made it?
Another, you open a box and inside the box you see a watch, do you think that the watch assembled itself or a watchmaker put it together?
As humans we are some much more than a sand caslte or a watch. Do you relize how complex we are?
If you believe what your teachers told you then you are very close minded. See my teachers in school told me the same the dribble you are attemping to use here.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 10:58 AM   #69
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,079
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I am some what agree. This is my take on it.

The Authors of the bible were human. The Prophets, the kings, the Disciples were all human. Being Human limits us to our knowledge. God can speak through us, he can make us do impossible things, but, for the most part, he will only use what we know. There is a verse (which I can't remember at the moment) where it says the Holy spirit can only use what we know. The authors of a majority of the bible were filled with that holy spirit while writing the books. The prophetic books were written by prophets who God talked too. It makes complete sense that it wouldn't mention aliens because the human authors of the bible did not have any knowledge of aliens. Just like Moses didn't talk about DNA or Evolution because they hadn't yet been discovered/made up. .

I keep an open mind about Life out there. So many people assume that if there are aliens that they will be Just like us. Even better and more Scientifically advanced. What happens if they get off thier ship and start speaking of Jesus and the God of the bible. What does that mean to people that don't believe?




That's your opinion. And it's wrong. .



If you look at it biblically it's because God sent his son here. We are not the center of the universe. God is. We are the pinicale of his creation though. He made us to worship him. Do you have any idea how complex we are though? Within our beings there are astromical things going on. Cells dieing, rebuilding; it's amazing.


If you want to look at it from the sand reference, why is our planet so important to keep clean? People worship this planet and the things in it. Yet, according to the sand idea, it's really insignificant.



Why can't you believe that? There is plenty empirical evidence that people believe in God.

Why are we idiots to look past what we can see? If we're wrong, oh well. Our faith encourages us to help people, to be nice, to treat people well. How is that Idiotic? A majority of missionary work is Christian. I suppose those missions are idiotic too, I don't think the people they help would agree though. Just because it doesn't match up with what you think does not make it idiotic. There are plenty of very intelligent people that believe in God.

Care to Elaborate why you think this? what created us?

Careful, the water is looking a little muddy
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #70
Suta99
Senior Member
 
Suta99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-09
Location: Leamington/Ontario
Posts: 838
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I have a scenario for you.
You are walking down the beach and you come across a sand castle. Do you think the sand castle just happen to build itself from the waves crashing on the beach or do you think that just maybe a guy on the beach made it?
Another, you open a box and inside the box you see a watch, do you think that the watch assembled itself or a watchmaker put it together?
As humans we are some much more than a sand caslte or a watch. Do you relize how complex we are?
If you believe what your teachers told you then you are very close minded. See my teachers in school told me the same the dribble you are attemping to use here.
I have seen things that nature has made using wind water and fire that are pretty amazing. No I don't think that god made them.
I have never seen or heard of god assembling a human. YOu say that am close minded for believing what I believe, but would you not consider the person pr people who informed you about god a "teacher" no differnt you accepting their bullshit thean me accepting mine, except for mine is based on facts and figures that are atainable with physical evidence. Yours is a bunch of heresay
Suta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #71
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysjeep View Post
We worship and take care of this planet because it is OUR speck of sand, but to the rest of the universe we are insignificant.

If human life were to be snuffed out, the rest of the universe wouldn't even notice.


I believe in God but, do not believe we are his pinnacle. He can do SO much better.
Touche` .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suta99 View Post
First off nobody created us. we evolved. just like life on any other planet will or has.
Here's the deal, You can't prove the begining of the universe. Scientifically. You can't do it. I can't do it. Who's not to say God didn't use evolution to create us? There is a point were you have to believe something because it can't be proven Scientifically. I choose God, You choose science.

Quote:
Do you think that the people that these christian missions help would care if christians were bringing them aide or I was bringing them aide without all the "god" ?? They only embrace the religion because if they are not acceptant of it they will not get aide. Seems like a good way to get followers, go to the poorest parts of the world and enxchange believing for food and water and shelter. Thats like telling a homeless drunk to suck your cock for a bottle of whiskey, he's gonna do it.
I'm just goign to assume you've never been on a Christian Mission trip. I have been on many and I can tell you you're straight out WRONG. We go help, if we bring people to God, great, if we don't, we still helped someone. That's all we care about. We can't change thier mind or thier hearts but if we can make a difference in thier life, it's totally worth it. I can Guarantee that there are very view, if any, Christian aid organizations that refuse treatment because the people don't accept. If you knew about the Christian Faith, you'd understand that would be against everything we believe.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM   #72
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,446
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

We all gotta believe in something, I believe I'm going to go have a beer.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #73
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 25,254
iTrader: (45)
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
We all gotta believe in something, I believe I'm going to go have a beer.
FYI. Tap Room today.
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #74
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,446
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

cool. Time?
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #75
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,022
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Take it to the PMs, this thread is about rocket ships and saucers!
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #76
Suta99
Senior Member
 
Suta99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-09
Location: Leamington/Ontario
Posts: 838
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Touche` .



Here's the deal, You can't prove the begining of the universe. Scientifically. You can't do it. I can't do it. Who's not to say God didn't use evolution to create us? There is a point were you have to believe something because it can't be proven Scientifically. I choose God, You choose science.



I'm just goign to assume you've never been on a Christian Mission trip. I have been on many and I can tell you you're straight out WRONG. We go help, if we bring people to God, great, if we don't, we still helped someone. That's all we care about. We can't change thier mind or thier hearts but if we can make a difference in thier life, it's totally worth it. I can Guarantee that there are very view, if any, Christian aid organizations that refuse treatment because the people don't accept. If you knew about the Christian Faith, you'd understand that would be against everything we believe.
Fair enough. I have not been on a mission. I agree that everyone needs to believe in something and our beliefs seem to be different and I am ok with it. Lets call a truce and join the rest and have a beer.
Suta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #77
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suta99 View Post
Fair enough. I have not been on a mission. I agree that everyone needs to believe in something and our beliefs seem to be different and I am ok with it. Lets call a truce and join the rest and have a beer.
Agreed.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #78
rideraa
Senior Member
 
rideraa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-01-09
Location: sw mi
Posts: 575
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I think we are a spec in a frogs arm pit. Stars are the electrons from atoms of deoderant used in said arm pit. And our life span is but a blink to them.
rideraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #79
Quiefinator
go'til itsounds expensive
 
Join Date: 02-27-07
Location: Romeo
Posts: 987
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suta99 View Post
First off nobody created us. we evolved.

I call bullshit, go to Detroit, come back and tell us your findings.
Quiefinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #80
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,022
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

HA! I found PROOF!

Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.34043 seconds with 51 queries