2011 ORV Prices - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Land Use > Rules, Regulations, Trail, and ORV Park Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #1
1988JeepXj
XJ Aficianado
 
1988JeepXj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-10-09
Location: Redford, Mi
Posts: 1,120
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1988JeepXj Send a message via Yahoo to 1988JeepXj Send a message via Skype™ to 1988JeepXj
Default 2011 ORV Prices

Seems like there was chatter throughout the past year about the price of ORV stickers skyrocketing for 2011, in the vicinity of the $30 range? Anybody know if this went through or was this just a bunch of hot air? I'm already prepared to ditch my '10 sticker since is flaking apart.
1988JeepXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 19th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #2
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,388
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

http://www.offroad-ed.com/mi/handbook/registration.htm

says its still $16.25
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #3
Whiskey Tango
Newbie
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-19-11
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 27
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The ORV sticker will be $16.25 for 2011. However, the last ORV advisory meeting on 2/09/11, they discussed raising it to $30 or so. I can't find the meeting notes, but there is a discussion about all of this at www.atvoffroad.net. Looks like we might be paying more in 2012.
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Quiefinator
go'til itsounds expensive
 
Join Date: 02-27-07
Location: Romeo
Posts: 987
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Not to hiijack but on a related note. Whats the deal with the new state park sticker? I keep hearing/seeing different things

Supposedly you can get them for 10 bucks but they are put on your license plate or somehow combined with your tabs?

My dad said he tried to get one for hunting on state land for this year and the lady said dont bother, just wait until this new thing gets going? He might have been referring to something else.
Quiefinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:26 AM   #5
Ridin Dirty
kixx007 wants to be me
 
Ridin Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: Metamora,Mi.
Posts: 8,938
iTrader: (149)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiefinator View Post
Not to hiijack but on a related note. Whats the deal with the new state park sticker? I keep hearing/seeing different things

Supposedly you can get them for 10 bucks but they are put on your license plate or somehow combined with your tabs?

My dad said he tried to get one for hunting on state land for this year and the lady said dont bother, just wait until this new thing gets going? He might have been referring to something else.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...R2-YHn1oukEm5Q
__________________
"It's all good. We've caught a lot nicer shit than this on fire"
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:27 AM   #6
TopGunn
Burried
 
TopGunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-24-10
Location: Livonia
Posts: 248
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TopGunn Send a message via MSN to TopGunn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiefinator View Post
Not to hiijack but on a related note. Whats the deal with the new state park sticker? I keep hearing/seeing different things

Supposedly you can get them for 10 bucks but they are put on your license plate or somehow combined with your tabs?

My dad said he tried to get one for hunting on state land for this year and the lady said dont bother, just wait until this new thing gets going? He might have been referring to something else.
You pay 10$ extra when you renew your tabs, and on your new tab there is a "P" in front of where it says your plate number. Im not sure how awesome thats going to work. The person working the park station is going to have to check your tab for the "P" unless they give you a sticker for your window at the park. I did it on my pickup and thats all I can notice.
TopGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:29 AM   #7
Ridin Dirty
kixx007 wants to be me
 
Ridin Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: Metamora,Mi.
Posts: 8,938
iTrader: (149)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGunn View Post
You pay 10$ extra when you renew your tabs, and on your new tab there is a "P" in front of where it says your plate number. Im not sure how awesome thats going to work. The person working the park station is going to have to check your tab for the "P" unless they give you a sticker for your window at the park. I did it on my pickup and thats all I can notice.
Yes, and it is a very small P at that. Not easy to see unless they walk right up to it.
__________________
"It's all good. We've caught a lot nicer shit than this on fire"
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:53 AM   #8
insane88yj
Member
 
insane88yj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-30-08
Location: Allegan MI
Posts: 2,364
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

How will that work on non licensed rigs ect?
insane88yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:01 PM   #9
samurai2240
Adrenaline my drug choice
 
samurai2240's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-06-05
Location: muskegon
Posts: 1,045
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane88yj View Post
How will that work on non licensed rigs ect?
And what if your birthday is in June? Do you have to buy a sticker that good until your birthday?
samurai2240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM   #10
koochman450r
Stranger Danger
 
koochman450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-08
Location: New Boston MI
Posts: 2,536
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

regardless when your birthday is its still good for a year
__________________
MY BUILD
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=255953
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
you won this battle.
koochman450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM   #11
samurai2240
Adrenaline my drug choice
 
samurai2240's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-06-05
Location: muskegon
Posts: 1,045
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Also do you have to pay $10 for each tab or is it good for all your trucks?
samurai2240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:04 PM   #12
samurai2240
Adrenaline my drug choice
 
samurai2240's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-06-05
Location: muskegon
Posts: 1,045
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koochman450r View Post
regardless when your birthday is its still good for a year
So what if i want to go on the dunes before June?
samurai2240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:05 PM   #13
koochman450r
Stranger Danger
 
koochman450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-08
Location: New Boston MI
Posts: 2,536
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

per truck per registered year. I got one. Its good for state park admission of that vehicle only. not boat trailers or anything else and no metro parks.
__________________
MY BUILD
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=255953
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
you won this battle.
koochman450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:06 PM   #14
koochman450r
Stranger Danger
 
koochman450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-08
Location: New Boston MI
Posts: 2,536
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

up until your bday you'll have to buy dailys or buy a yearly and when you renew your plates in june you can get the plate deal
__________________
MY BUILD
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=255953
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
you won this battle.
koochman450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:10 PM   #15
samurai2240
Adrenaline my drug choice
 
samurai2240's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-06-05
Location: muskegon
Posts: 1,045
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koochman450r View Post
up until your bday you'll have to buy dailys or buy a yearly and when you renew your plates in june you can get the plate deal
Thanks.
samurai2240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 06:13 PM   #16
phittie1100
Senior Member
 
phittie1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: Burton, MI
Posts: 1,865
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
The ORV sticker will be $16.25 for 2011. However, the last ORV advisory meeting on 2/09/11, they discussed raising it to $30 or so. I can't find the meeting notes, but there is a discussion about all of this at www.atvoffroad.net. Looks like we might be paying more in 2012.
The ORV Fund is running out of money - we have been spending surplus funds for several years and the excess will be used up this year. The legislation to raise the sticker fee to continue funding the program died with the last state legislative session. There are folks working on new legislation that will address this, but still in the works.
__________________
Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
KD8PAV
phittie1100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM   #17
SteelTherapy
Senior Member
 
SteelTherapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-24-10
Location: Wixom, MI
Posts: 300
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

When are the 2011 ORV stickers going to be available? I'm heading to Drummond Island on April 1 and I don't really want to be scrambling at the last minute to find the permit.
SteelTherapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:32 PM   #18
phittie1100
Senior Member
 
phittie1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: Burton, MI
Posts: 1,865
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTherapy View Post
When are the 2011 ORV stickers going to be available? I'm heading to Drummond Island on April 1 and I don't really want to be scrambling at the last minute to find the permit.
I wait and buy mine right at SLSP every April - they are the nicer ones that stand up to the power washer. Otherwise, you can order them online http://www.mdnr-elicense.com/welcome.asp
__________________
Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
KD8PAV
phittie1100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:38 PM   #19
SteelTherapy
Senior Member
 
SteelTherapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-24-10
Location: Wixom, MI
Posts: 300
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
I wait and buy mine right at SLSP every April - they are the nicer ones that stand up to the power washer. Otherwise, you can order them online http://www.mdnr-elicense.com/welcome.asp
It's too early to order them online. All they offer right now are the 2010 stickers. What is SLSP?
SteelTherapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 06:25 AM   #20
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,106
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Default

Silver Lake State Park
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Land Use > Rules, Regulations, Trail, and ORV Park Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.26375 seconds with 80 queries