Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 21st, 2011, 04:49 AM   #21
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,014
iTrader: (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteologation View Post
I seriously doubt the legality of weed has much of an effect on the number of people who use it.
True
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 08:22 AM   #22
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,298
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Weed logic. Booze is worse than pot, so pot should be legal

Riddle me this Batman.

If booze is ok and it is proven that it destroys many lives why is it ok that it is legal?

Because the government can tax it. The government only decides what is right or wrong based on how much money they can make from it. You religious nuts decide what is right or wrong for you and feel the need to push your beliefs on everyone else. Personally I think we need to look at it from a "how does person A using pot effect society?"

Are the effects of "Steve" using pot worse or less than if he were to use booze? If the effects are less than why is it the substance that is worse is legal?

Again profits.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:09 AM   #23
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.K. View Post
Riddle me this Batman.

If booze is ok and it is proven that it destroys many lives why is it ok that it is legal?

Because the government can tax it. The government only decides what is right or wrong based on how much money they can make from it. You religious nuts decide what is right or wrong for you and feel the need to push your beliefs on everyone else. Personally I think we need to look at it from a "how does person A using pot effect society?"

Are the effects of "Steve" using pot worse or less than if he were to use booze? If the effects are less than why is it the substance that is worse is legal?

Again profits.

You should add cigs, Mc donalds, soda pop, salt, sugar, chew, driving, and riding motorcyles to booze. Why are they all legal they destroy many lives.
Is eating Mc Donalds and having a heart attack or being a fat ass a reason to legalize pot?????
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM   #24
osteologation
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
 
osteologation's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-31-08
Location: Caro, MI
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (7)
I think we are missing the point. Everyone gets hung up on the drug issue but I think steveo may have been referring to the fact that something that was put to popular vote and won is still being shot down by our elected officials. Seems like they are not representing their constituents very well.
osteologation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 01:01 PM   #25
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,298
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
You should add cigs, Mc donalds, soda pop, salt, sugar, chew, driving, and riding motorcyles to booze. Why are they all legal they destroy many lives.
Is eating Mc Donalds and having a heart attack or being a fat ass a reason to legalize pot?????
Nice side stepping my question. Try again please. This time with an actual answer not another question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteologation View Post
I think we are missing the point. Everyone gets hung up on the drug issue but I think steveo may have been referring to the fact that something that was put to popular vote and won is still being shot down by our elected officials. Seems like they are not representing their constituents very well.
You are 100% correct and they need to be voted out of office asap.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:38 PM   #26
Hombre
I carry a shank
 
Hombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-06
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,423
iTrader: (0)
If Steveo quit smokin' the weed, Hostess would go bankrupt.
__________________
reptile610 says:"Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them."

,[____l,
_ -o==o-_
) ()_) ()_)
Hombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 07:36 PM   #27
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
bill 161 has been shot down in the senate. it seems that the sentate was convinced by polls showing less than 20% of the population wanted the law replealed.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 08:03 PM   #28
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,298
iTrader: (21)
Did you scare them?
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 08:41 PM   #29
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,611
iTrader: (7)
Maybe if I started smoking pot I could sleep more than 3 hours a night.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 08:49 PM   #30
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Maybe if I started smoking pot I could sleep more than 3 hours a night.
get your card, you would sleep like a baby. thats one thing I miss, the ability to fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:08 PM   #31
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,860
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
get your card, you would sleep like a baby. thats one thing I miss, the ability to fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow.
Huh, I don't usually have a problem with that and I've never touched the stuff. Better yet I don't wake up with the munchies.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:16 PM   #32
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Weed logic. Booze is worse than pot, so pot should be legal

More people are killed taking a bath than in drive by shootings, so drive by shootings ahould be legal
I lol'd.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:18 PM   #33
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
The pot heads on this site already know my opinion. I'll just mosey on.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 10:09 PM   #34
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
The pot heads on this site already know my opinion. I'll just mosey on.
yeah, we all know you are a ignorant fucking hypocrite. jibber jabber on mutherfucker.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #35
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
yeah, we all know you are a ignorant fucking hypocrite. jibber jabber on mutherfucker.
Why am I a hypocrite? It's not like I hate pot but think meth. is ok.

Edit: Is it because I though I might try it if it were legal? Hey, I'd like to bang a hot 16 year old but that's illegal too.

Also, didn't the cigarette companies claim a bunch of wonderful health benefits before it was found out smoking kills? I just don't see how a person can inhale combustion byproducts contained in pot and yet become healthier.

Last edited by Nuggets; February 24th, 2011 at 07:39 AM.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #36
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.K. View Post
Nice side stepping my question. Try again please. This time with an actual answer not another question.



You are 100% correct and they need to be voted out of office asap.
I answered the question, two wrongs don't make a right.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #37
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,108
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Why am I a hypocrite? It's not like I hate pot but think meth. is ok.

Edit: Is it because I though I might try it if it were legal? Hey, I'd like to bang a hot 16 year old but that's illegal too.

Also, didn't the cigarette companies claim a bunch of wonderful health benefits before it was found out smoking kills? I just don't see how a person can inhale combustion byproducts contained in pot and yet become healthier.
You don't have to smoke it to get the positive effects from it. Many ingest it or use vaporizers.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #38
BOGDOG
Senior Member
 
BOGDOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-11-06
Location: White Lake/Wixom
Posts: 2,189
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I already have a michigan card, montana was the only state that recognised it. those people are supposed to be representing the voters. this reminds me of when the drinking age was moved to 18, then changed again due to pressure from the feds.
How do you answer the question about illegal drug use on the form required to purchase a firearm thru a licensed dealer?
BOGDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #39
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,116
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
It is when those 63 people were voted into office.
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #40
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,116
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Maybe if I started smoking pot I could sleep more than 3 hours a night.
You still insominic? Sorry...me too
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.19183 seconds with 50 queries