Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 18th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #1
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,078
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default Democrats from Wis.

Are running away so as not to vote on a bill that they have no chance in winning.
Imagine if did this.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4544406/i...-in-wisconsin/
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,655
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Fire all the teachers that are protesting.

Recall all Dem's that are hiding.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #3
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 20,749
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Fire all the teachers that are protesting and calling in sick.

Send all the Dem's that are hiding to jail for not doing their job.
Fixed for ya.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #4
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,655
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Fixed for ya.
You are correct. I need to put more thought into what I write knowing there are still some smart people left around here.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:02 PM   #5
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,418
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I can't believe people cant see that they have to take a benefits decrease.
kerryann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #6
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,078
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I say the same, get the congressmen back force a vote and then send em to jail then fire thier ass.
It's funny, people want to stop the spending that the government is doing and when they make a buget and want to enforce it they say that the government is ruining them. It hurts to tighten the belt and start being responsible but what else do they do?
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #7
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Fixed for ya.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #8
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,655
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I can't believe people cant see that they have to take a benefits decrease.
Kerryann, I don't know if you have taken the time to look into what these people get in retirement and health packages, but it will make you sick.

Look into what West Bloomfield school teachers get paid and the benefit packages they receive. And they have the balls to protest today.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:24 PM   #9
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,836
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The WI Governor made some great points.

He talked about how a private company faced with a labor agreement they can't afford and a union that won't renegotiate/concede has the option to close up shop, go bankrupt, or move elsewhere.

The government cannot.

And in the case of WI, the majority of the population voted to elect someone who promised to make the tough decisions and make the state live within their means.

All of this bad behavior just shows that the unions think they're above the will of the people (i.e. their employers) and that they will continue to "get theirs" no matter the cost or hardships imposed on the citizenry.

I like how those "nice Democrats" threatening the Governor and his family aren't at all dangerous. Those posters of him (and his family) with crosshairs on their foreheads are just people using their 1st Amendment freedoms to express their frustrations, while a Republican campaign ad with a crosshair on a Congressional district map clearly and deliberately "invited" an attack on Congresswoman Giffords.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #10
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,418
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Kerryann, I don't know if you have taken the time to look into what these people get in retirement and health packages, but it will make you sick.

Look into what West Bloomfield school teachers get paid and the benefit packages they receive. And they have the balls to protest today.
I know.. and god forbid they have to invest in their own 401k or IRA like the rest of us.. and if they have to pay a copay with their health insurance.. well.. that's an outrage.
Here is my prayer:
Dear mystical zombie, please let mikey get a engineering job but at a union shop so I can have crazy stupid bennies too and live fat off the land (fat that is probably coming out of my pocket anyway somehow)..
kerryann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #11
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,078
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
The WI Governor made some great points.

He talked about how a private company faced with a labor agreement they can't afford and a union that won't renegotiate/concede has the option to close up shop, go bankrupt, or move elsewhere.

The government cannot.

And in the case of WI, the majority of the population voted to elect someone who promised to make the tough decisions and make the state live within their means.

All of this bad behavior just shows that the unions think they're above the will of the people (i.e. their employers) and that they will continue to "get theirs" no matter the cost or hardships imposed on the citizenry.

I like how those "nice Democrats" threatening the Governor and his family aren't at all dangerous. Those posters of him (and his family) with crosshairs on their foreheads are just people using their 1st Amendment freedoms to express their frustrations, while a Republican campaign ad with a crosshair on a Congressional district map clearly and deliberately "invited" an attack on Congresswoman Giffords.
You make an excellent point about the people protesting on how mean spirited they are in thier attacks because they cannot have it their way. Not so long ago as you point out how the left blamed conservatives for the violence in Arizona.
As I've said before the left in this country blame the right for what they themselves are most guilty of.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #12
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,078
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Government unions and thier enablers. This is a good article on how politicians and unions work to get the best in turn to vote for them. Not so any more.

http://blog.heartland.org/2011/02/th...heir-enablers/
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #13
shawn
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
 
shawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Milford/Commerce
Posts: 9,945
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn
Default

Wow, reading this thread and peoples comments is making me SICK!

I'm Union. Not UAW, I"m UA Local 190, and a skilled tradesman for the University of Michigan. I'm considered a government worker, because UofM receives money from the state that helps fund the operations and maintenance of the University.

At one time this University had great benefits, even more so for retirement. But not anymore, they have been cutting benefits and increasing the costs of them to the employees since the late 80's (and have increased the cost to park! That's right, if you want to work for the University of Michigan you will pay to use their parking lots, from $80 a year for a long walk, to $600 a year for a chance at a parking spot in a structure or close lot, no spots are guaranteed).

Wages have never been great here, unless you want to be a painter or ganitor then you will get paid more then anywhere else.

Skilled trades here are paid less then if I worked for another Union Shop (Local 190), and now my benefits are worse, and with Snyders cuts it will be even worse! I have no kids, just me and the ol'lady, and I pay $400/month with copay's continuing to increase and a prescription drug plan that is shameful!

Actually, of all the places I have worked (USAF, BASF, Pfizer, and now UofM) this has been the absolute worse place for pay and benefits for what I do.

I had an opportunity for a job in Livonia as a HVAC guy, and I was shocked how low the pay was! Benefits were ok, not stellar.
shawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #14
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,655
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
Wow, reading this thread and peoples comments is making me SICK!

I'm Union. Not UAW, I"m UA Local 190, and a skilled tradesman for the University of Michigan. I'm considered a government worker, because UofM receives money from the state that helps fund the operations and maintenance of the University.

At one time this University had great benefits, even more so for retirement. But not anymore, they have been cutting benefits and increasing the costs of them to the employees since the late 80's (and have increased the cost to park! That's right, if you want to work for the University of Michigan you will pay to use their parking lots, from $80 a year for a long walk, to $600 a year for a chance at a parking spot in a structure or close lot, no spots are guaranteed).

Wages have never been great here, unless you want to be a painter or ganitor then you will get paid more then anywhere else.

Skilled trades here are paid less then if I worked for another Union Shop (Local 190), and now my benefits are worse, and with Snyders cuts it will be even worse! I have no kids, just me and the ol'lady, and I pay $400/month with copay's continuing to increase and a prescription drug plan that is shameful!

Actually, of all the places I have worked (USAF, BASF, Pfizer, and now UofM) this has been the absolute worse place for pay and benefits for what I do.

I had an opportunity for a job in Livonia as a HVAC guy, and I was shocked how low the pay was! Benefits were ok, not stellar.
But you have to understand that those past awesome benefits are no longer sustainable. No matter what the union tells you.
Also my problems aren't so much with union members, it's the leaders that make me sick. Look at what those guys get paid and what they do for it.

The promises that have been made to union members can not be fulfilled. For the most part, rank and file members have been lied to for years.
The major budget problems facing states are public employee unions. Public employees should have never been given the right to unionize in the first place. They are paid with PUBLIC tax money.

Last edited by Stan; February 19th, 2011 at 11:07 AM.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #15
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,836
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
But you have to understand that those past awesome benefits are no longer sustainable. No matter what the union tells you.
Also my problems aren't so much with union members, it's the leaders that make me sick. Look at what those guys get paid and what they do for it.

The promises that have been made to union members can not be fulfilled. For the most part, rank and file members have been lied to for years.
The major budget problems facing states are public employee unions. Public employees should have never been given the right to unionize in the first place. They are paid with PUBLIC tax money.
X2.

I'm not a hater. My dad was a union officer (IFGWU) and my grandfathers were both active in their unions (IBEW skilled trades and MEBA). I was a Teamster while working my way through college and wife has been a Teamster and SEIU member.

Like Stan, I'm just pointing out that like all large, powerful organizations with little or no oversight unions have become corrupted. They're all about looking out for number one (meaning the senior leadership and administrators) and preserving their status quo and position.

The "glory days" of the 50s, 60s, and early 70s are over. Like the wild west, it was a temporary state of affairs created by WW2. There was not foreign competition to speak of, and we had a huge built-in market of returning GIs that fueled the baby boom. Wages climbed because companies couldn't afford to miss out on the growth - and that never-ending growth always allowed them to pass the costs along.

Now we have foreign competition and the endless growth has stopped. We need to make a correction to put things back into line.

Traditionally, government jobs were lower-paying than industry - but had great benefits (especially insurance and time off). Teaching (right or wrong) was lower-paying because it was a "woman's job" and had a short work day and year. Skilled trades/craft paid extremely well hourly because layoff time was built into the hourly rate. Likewise, auto jobs paid well hourly to compensate for layoffs.

I've had similar impacts - constantly increasing insurance costs, reduced coverage, and switching providers. Years without pay increases or outright pay cuts, layoffs, reduced hours, transfers to unpleasant and remote work locations, etc...

I just don;t see how we can maintain a "special class: of citizens who are spared this economic reality.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #16
shawn
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
 
shawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Milford/Commerce
Posts: 9,945
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn
Default

I'm not a Liberal, but I am in total agreement with this LIberals veiw of what is really going on.

shawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #17
Ebs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: MI
Posts: 3,353
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

http://maciverinstitute.com/2010/03/...tops-100kyear/

Quote:
For the first time in history, the average annual compensation for a teacher in the Milwaukee Public School system will exceed $100,000.

That staggering figure was revealed last night at a meeting of the MPS School Board.

The average salary for an MPS teacher is $56,500. When fringe benefits are factored in, the annual compensation will be $100,005 in 2011.

Not bad for nine months of work. Yay unions.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 05:26 PM   #18
toolmantim
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
 
toolmantim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-06
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 1,958
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Are running away so as not to vote on a bill that they have no chance in winning.
Imagine if did this.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4544406/i...-in-wisconsin/
Since it's obvious to me you lack the capacity to think for yourself, and need to be spoon fed your information...

Quote:
Originally Posted by history
Lincoln once purposefully left the Illinois Statehouse to prevent a quorum from being reached to hold a crucial vote in 1840. Before serving as President Lincoln was a state senator in the Illinois legislature. Before a crucial vote in the Illinois Senate the Democrats knew that the Republicans may try to prevent a quorum from being reached by leaving the Statehouse. The Democrats ordered the doors to the building locked. Lincoln still reportedly avoided the vote, and quorum from being reached, by opening a window and escaping from the second floor of the building. One newspaper joked that Lincoln’s “long legs” prevented him from being injured as he left from the second floor.
Yes Abraham Lincoln...THAT .

http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=9803297

http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/wisconsin--find-company-with-abraham-lincoln

This whole charade has ZERO to do with how much teachers are making. It's about a political agenda. A union without collective bargaining is moot. The WI public unions have already conceded hundreds of millions of dollars over the last few years. The teachers union has already agreed to EVERY SINGLE CUT the gov. proposed except collective bargaining. He said no deal.

This is about exactly 1 thing.... the 2012 election.

Unions typically are and are about the only opposition to the gazillions of dollars that can now be donated to political campaigns by any corporation from anywhere in the world...without disclosure. Karl Rove sent me no less than 2 dozen political ads last year.

I'm not pro-union or anti-union...much like Shawn I'm just sick and tired of the war on the middle class and my skilled profession. The major budget problems facing all the states has very little to do with spending on public employees....it's the LACK OF REVENUE from people not working...work they used to have before it was outsourced to other countries.

__________________
I'm compensating for my manhood.

Northwest Ohio Crawlers

Last edited by toolmantim; February 21st, 2011 at 05:31 PM.
toolmantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:19 AM   #19
shawn
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
 
shawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Milford/Commerce
Posts: 9,945
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn
Default

Here are some statistics that show the difference between Teachers Unions and States that have outlawed Teacher Unions.

http://blogs.ajc.com/get-schooled-bl...y-correlation/
shawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 07:35 AM   #20
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,742
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110225/..._budget_unions

well they did it...I predict some dark days ahead
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.27885 seconds with 51 queries